PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Art OT

Lifelover
06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
She started working with clay about 6 months ago. It's fun to watch her skills grow.

Pics 1,2,3 plates. The green one has some cracks along the edge but she was able to work them out on the second one.

Pics 3,4 is her 1st attempt at the wheel. She spins pretty good but still struggles with centering and sizing.

Pic 5 apple One of her best friends has home schooled their little girl thru the 3rd grade but is sending her to public school next year. She made this for her.

Pic 6 Could have been her best to date but the glazing ended up being to thick. She is firing #2 now. Bad news is that Dixie (cat #1) knocked it on the floor and broke it. Good think for her it was over glazed!

Louis
06-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Nice !

Now we know what all your relatives will be receiving for birthday / X-mas presents...

Louis

shinomaster
06-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Nice, has she ever seen the square plates like that by Hamada or Shimaoka?

Lifelover
06-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Nice, has she ever seen the square plates like that by Hamada or Shimaoka?

I don't know but I'll google some and ask her.

shinomaster
06-06-2006, 11:05 PM
I'll post some pix tomorrow..

shinomaster
06-07-2006, 06:50 PM
These pictures show how Hamada Shoji, and his protege Shimaoka Tatsuzo used the same form, created in a mold, and found hundreds of ways to alter its appearance through decoration. These are two of my most admired potters. Both were designated as "Living National Treasures" for pottery.

William
06-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Very nice!

I'm especially drawn to the works with the Dragonflies. I was helping my 8 year old son tonight making a Dragonfly out of styrofoam, coat hangers, pipe cleaners and cellophane for a report he's doing. I'll show these to him and I know he'll give them two thumbs up as well! He loves them!

William

bironi
06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I like the leaves, very nice.