PDA

View Full Version : Straight+tapered fork/hs question

cinema
02-11-2016, 02:20 PM
I currently have a 1 1/8 headset installed running a straight fork. the ht is 44mm so it can accept either straight or tapered. To run the tapered suspension fork I'm going to put in the appropriate bottom headset cup.

I'd like to be able to swap between the non-tapered rigid fork easily once the headset has been updated. is there a crown race or something that i can install on the straight fork that will allow it to plug and play on the new HS set up?

tuscanyswe
02-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Yes Chris king headset and you will be able to get a crown race for the 11/8 fork that fits it straight into your new 1.5 taper headset.

cinema
02-11-2016, 02:25 PM
sorry i forgot to mention the headset is cane creek 1.125. i was told i could just order the bottom part that would allow the tapered fork to work?

tuscanyswe
02-11-2016, 02:27 PM
sorry i forgot to mention the headset is cane creek 1.125. i was told i could just order the bottom part that would allow the tapered fork to work?

Yes you could buy just a new bottom cup as its only the bottom cup that needs addressing with the new tapered steerer fork.

I know cane creek also offers a crown race that will fit the 11/8 fork into your new cane creek 1.5 bottom cup but i have no personal experience with this. But i have heard they do this more than once so I'm sure others will chime in shortly and confirm.

kramnnim
02-11-2016, 02:42 PM
One of these crown races, I think? http://fanatikbike.com/product/cane-creek-40-series-reducer-crown-race-9467.htm

Call them, they can confirm.

rkhatibi
02-11-2016, 03:19 PM
I did this just last week. Works like a charm.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Cane-Creek-110-Conversion-Crown-Race

cinema
02-11-2016, 03:35 PM
PERFECT cheap too, love cane creek. Thanks you guys