PDA

View Full Version : Different power meters on different bikes with same head unit

sfscott
02-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Anyone have experience with this? I have a Garmin 810 and some vector pedals on one bike. Was thinking of a stages crank on another but wondered how problematic or annoying it would be to have mixed power meters. Does the Garmin understand different meters saved on different bike profiles and manage the one-sided vs two-sided difference?

How about comparability across data streams?

chrispino
02-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Set up as different bike profiles and you'll be set. Works for me.

shovelhd
02-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Works fine on the Garmin and PC8.

uber
02-11-2016, 01:12 AM
I have the 810 and 3 bikes. Two have Powertap wheels and one does not. Set up a different profile for each bike and switch bike profiles when you switch units. The bikes need to be separated by 15-20 feet sometimes when the Garmin searches for individual bike signals.

simonov
02-11-2016, 04:57 AM
Yep, the 810 will easily be able to track different PMs with different bike profiles. It's worth noting that you won't likely get identical power readings from different types of PMs, though. Not a problem if you figure out the trend of how they're different (it should be fairly consistent), but the absolute numbers may not match.