PDA

View Full Version : thoughts/advice on lopsided saddle?

jasonification
02-09-2016, 11:43 PM
Just purchased a saddle (used specialized romin) recently. As I was attaching it onto the bike, I noticed that the left side of the saddle was lower than the right. Popped a level on it and there was a 1 degree difference, with the right side around 2-3mm higher than the left...should I care too much about this? Thanks oh knowledgeable forumites!

R3awak3n
02-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Just purchased a saddle (used specialized romin) recently. As I was attaching it onto the bike, I noticed that the left side of the saddle was lower than the right. Popped a level on it and there was a 1 degree difference, with the right side around 2-3mm higher than the left...should I care too much about this? Thanks oh knowledgeable forumites!

someone put more weight on one side of the saddle (maybe longer leg).
The same thing happened to my romin, the right side was a bit lower than the left. Romins are nice saddles but don't seem to be so well constructed.

I sold it here but let the buyer know that this was the case (buyer only wanted to try it to see if he liked the shape and I sold it for $10).

Try it out, maybe it will be ok but could not be, sometimes a little thing like this will give disconfort.

Marz
02-10-2016, 01:02 AM
The first saddle I bought from Ebay was like this but I didn't figure it out for a year. By that stage I had been to an osteopath and tried all sorts of treatments for a painful neck.

I had been tilting my headto compensate for the lopsided saddle.

After replacing the saddle, voila', no more pain.

Not worth it.

AJosiahK
02-10-2016, 05:47 AM
Yeah, see if it works for you first. Shape wise

you wont want to ride it, not great for your core / spin etc. Throws your whole body off

oldpotatoe
02-10-2016, 06:05 AM

Used, pre owned? Send it back as it will have an effect on your fit(hello saddle sore)..If new-warranty.

redir
02-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Definitely not worth it and I've run into this problem a few times due to cyclocross and it's next to impossible to fix.

merckx
02-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Don't use it. It will inevitably ruin you, especially if you are a high mileage cyclist. Punt it, or send it to SBI.

FlashUNC
02-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Good news: You're going to be buying another saddle.

As others mentioned...ain't worth it.

frank_h
02-10-2016, 10:59 AM
I've had this happen to one after I had someone transport my bike and it ended up getting 3D puzzled into the back of a car.

I continued to use it for several months and ended up with a lot of hip, knee, and quad pain in one leg after hard rides.

I'd definitely return if new.

drewellison
02-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Once in a while I get a used tilty saddle and sometimes I've had luck just reefing on it to straighten it out, after mounting. Then you can say, "my saddle has been cold set".

jasonification
02-10-2016, 12:51 PM
returned it to seller who reached out to me! kudos to him! thanks all (: