PDA

View Full Version : Anybody deal with Veloventoux recently?

tv_vt
02-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Have been researching a bike trip to the Mt Ventoux area and Veloventoux seems like a good place to stay. But other than automatic replies to my emails that someone will be contacting me soon (that was a few weeks ago), I haven't been able to reach them. Called them several times over the weekend and this morning and got an answering machine.

Anybody have any recent experience with this outfit?

Thanks for any feedback.

Joel
02-08-2016, 03:25 PM
I don't know that group.

However, Velovercors runs day trips to Ventoux from their base. And I very highly recommend Velovercors. The riding around there is fantastic, roads have much less traffic and the scenery is just picture book.

When I say, highly recommend, I'm not kidding. I've been to Velovercors three times - and it's not exactly next door from Orlando!

Teresa is the contact. Shoot her a note and tell her I sent you. It's awesome!! I'm happy to answer any specific questions

http://www.velovercors.com/

Enjoy!

Joel

tv_vt
02-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks, Joel. Great tip, and I'll follow through on it tonight.

572cv
02-08-2016, 07:07 PM
We did a trip to the Vercors a few years back. It was not with velovercors, we just rented a house and did our own thing. But velovercors looked good and was a contender.... we just had too many people who decided to do the trip.

The Vercors is one of the most spectacular and beautiful riding areas we have ever encountered. I would highly recommend it. We did a day trip out of the area to go climb Alp d'Huez and then the Sarrenne loop. But it could just as easily have been a swing down to Ventoux. All of this sparks the imagination on a cool Vermont night!

Elefantino
02-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Hope OP can find a trip to take. That is without a doubt ...

The. Best. Mountain. Ever.

:hello:

Joel
02-09-2016, 06:57 AM
The other thing I really like about basing out of the Vercors is the climbs there are in 1000-1300 meter range.

Since I'm coming from somewhere flat it's nice to spend three or four days getting the climbing legs back and descending skills remembered (not many cars to worry about) before doing the 2000 meter high Alps (way more cars that I expected).

And if it's a day when you need to chill - just turn the other way and it's deadpan flat in the river valley.

Typing this makes me want to go back!

tv_vt
06-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Just an update, with another coming in August.

We did hear back from Veloventoux. They were just out of country for a week or two when I first contacted them. Booked for a late July stay - after the Tour and its throngs wash over Mt Ventoux on Stage 12 on July 14. Road up should be painted bottom to top, I figure. Wonder what rider will get the most 'coverage.'