PDA

View Full Version : Mevici sighting - White Rock Lake, Dallas, TX

jmoore
02-08-2016, 09:09 AM
I was stretching the legs a bit yesterday and rode up on a guy on a carbon bike. I saw a red Serotta S on the downtube and it was a Mevici. We chatted for a bit and rode along for 15-20 minutes talking about bikes. He said one of the LBS talked him into it several years ago and he's been cured of bike lust.

It's rare to see a Serotta around these parts, but even rarer to see a Mevici.

Fun day.

PS - He had never heard of Kelly Bedford :confused:

texbike
02-08-2016, 09:21 AM
I was stretching the legs a bit yesterday and rode up on a guy on a carbon bike. I saw a red Serotta S on the downtube and it was a Mevici. We chatted for a bit and rode along for 15-20 minutes talking about bikes. He said one of the LBS talked him into it several years ago and he's been cured of bike lust.

It's rare to see a Serotta around these parts, but even rarer to see a Mevici.

Fun day.

PS - He had never heard of Kelly Bedford :confused:

Pffft. It's no surprise with all them high-falutin' Dallas-types around there...;)

Texbike

christian
02-08-2016, 09:22 AM
PS - He had never heard of Kelly Bedford :confused:I haven't heard of a single designer at Santa Cruz. Doesn't mean my 5010 isn't a great bike.

jmoore
02-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Pffft. It's no surprise with all them high-falutin' Dallas-types around there...;)

Texbike

right! You think there would be more rolling around

tiretrax
02-08-2016, 09:41 AM
right! You think there would be more rolling around

No, more of the latest S-works Venge and Madones! Consumers, not connoisseurs - that's the Dallas style.

jlwdm
02-08-2016, 01:38 PM

Texbike

But no Serotta dealers in recent history - not in my 7 years here. Was Richardson Bike Mart a Serotta dealer in the past?

Jeff

biker72
02-08-2016, 01:52 PM
But no Serotta dealers in recent history - not in my 7 years here. Was Richardson Bike Mart a Serotta dealer in the past?

Jeff

Yes it was. I own a Serotta year 2000 top 20 dealer baseball cap.

jlwdm
02-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Yes it was. I own a Serotta year 2000 top 20 dealer baseball cap.

Thanks. They were my best guess.

Jeff

jmoore
02-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Yep. RBM.

As a matter of fact, when I was getting fit for my Bedford, Kelly suggested I go find someone at RBM to do it. He remembered them well and liked working with them.