PDA

View Full Version : Do you ride in the wet?

ANAO
02-04-2016, 10:55 AM
My commute was planned for 7 AM this morning, as every morning, and I was hoping to ride in today. I really haven't in a little while. Been taking the bus mostly.

I went to take out the garbage at 6:30 and there was a light mist, which kept the ground real moist. I don't usually like to ride in the wet but it's an unseasonable 49* today. So I kitted up, and went.

Got to work completely filthy (NYC grime is nasty) with dirt everywhere and couldn't be happier.

tuscanyswe
02-04-2016, 10:58 AM
The thought of knowing you are about to get wet is much worse than actually being wet imo.

I wouldn't go out on a nice unscheduled ride if it was wet but rain or snow wouldn't keep me from riding anything planned either. Certain days i can certainly enjoy riding in the wet, esp if you manage to keep warm.

jensenn
02-04-2016, 10:58 AM
+1 here. brooklyn to manhattan. my fenders werent enough to keep all the grime off and i was so filthy my coworkers asked me if i fell on my bike on my way in

Tony T
02-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Did you use a detachable fender (http://www.amazon.com/X-Tra-Rear-Bicycle-Fender-wheels/dp/B000X61N2A/ref=sr_1_2?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1454605115&sr=1-2&keywords=bicycle+fenders)?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeGB_Y8U6gm9Hz-im-Fl13rlbUkQbM6dbtJXJvYSsRAl5YynFtug

bicycletricycle
ya, I ride every day, I get dirty and wet.

Mzilliox
Yes! I have a fendered bike for when its wet wet, or i just suck it up on the roadie when the roads are a bit damp. I like the taste of the air on rainy days, its very refreshing! In fact, I've been waiting for it to heat up for a semi rainy ride today! I certainly ride less in rainy weather, and don;t put out many of those whats down this road extra miles, but its still good riding, and good for bike handling.

jensenn
02-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Did you use a detachable fender (http://www.amazon.com/X-Tra-Rear-Bicycle-Fender-wheels/dp/B000X61N2A/ref=sr_1_2?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1454605115&sr=1-2&keywords=bicycle+fenders)?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeGB_Y8U6gm9Hz-im-Fl13rlbUkQbM6dbtJXJvYSsRAl5YynFtug

guilty

p nut
02-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Rainy days gives me even more motivation to get out. Can't think of a cold, wet ride I didn't enjoy. I've been even more satisfied lately after I got rid of the fenders.

Geeheeb
02-04-2016, 11:04 AM
year round commuter here. love this el nino winter, nothing below zero yet! I prefer snow to rain, but I gotta get there

MattTuck
02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
I try not to ride in the rain. It happens sometimes, but if I can avoid it (by going at a different time of the day, or taking an evening ride and doing it the next morning, etc.), I try to avoid it.

This is about 30% due to not liking to ride in the rain and 70% due to the pain in the ass it is to clean my bike, and otherwise store it in my little apartment. Without a garage, it is really crappy to bring a wet/dirty bike into your home.

Oh, and also, about 60% of my rides involve gravel or dirt of some sort, so that just adds to the bike cleaning hassles afterward.

Lewis Moon
02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
One word: Arizona.

fiamme red
02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Sure -- Berthoud stainless or SKS Longboard fenders keep me clean, unless I'm splashed by a passing car.

ANAO
02-04-2016, 11:10 AM

I need one. Topeak Defender XC11 or Planet Bike Flipper?

Both look good.

makoti
02-04-2016, 11:10 AM
If I get caught in it, that's fine. Can even be enjoyable. But to start out in the rain? Not unless I just spent an hour in the car getting to the starting point.

sandyrs
02-04-2016, 11:11 AM
The good thing about riding in the rain is that humans are waterproof.

I don't ride in the rain as a habit, but I don't avoid it either unless it is pouring so hard that I know my shoes will soak all the way through (very uncomfortable) or is it freezing rain. Fenders, even skinny ones like Crud Roadracers, make all the difference. You don't have to clean your frame if the fenders keep it from getting dirty in the first place!

stien
02-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Fenders are a godsend. Wahoo Kickrs as well. I haven't ridden road outside in almost a month. I'm training for race season so that may not interest people who just ride.

Cleaning up two bikes after a rain ride (wife's too!) gets to be tiresome day after day.

Lanternrouge
02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Due to where I live, I can be a wet weather wuss and still get in plenty of riding. I could be tougher if I had to be, but it's pretty easy to get this way. Riding in the rain isn't itself so bad, but leaving when it is already wet is something I really have a hard time doing.

PQJ
02-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Only in the summer, on a flat, 5-mile loop with a dedicated bike lane. Otherwise it's just not worth it. IMO

bicycletricycle
02-04-2016, 11:14 AM
i dont clean my bike all winter, it seems to work out okay, probably need to get the frame repainted earlier than if i did but who has got the time?

Tony T
02-04-2016, 11:15 AM
I need one. Topeak Defender XC11 or Planet Bike Flipper?

Both look good.

SKS X-Tra-Dry Rear Fender (http://www.amazon.com/X-Tra-Rear-Bicycle-Fender-wheels/dp/B000X61N2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454606095&sr=8-1&keywords=SKS+X-Tra-Dry+Rear+Fender)

Gummee
02-04-2016, 11:18 AM
I'll put in another vote for the Crud fenders. Was out yesterday. Wet in the AM. Break in the rain. Rain in the last 20min of the ride.

Fenders are key to keeping more-or-less dry in these conditions.

The half fenders that strap on are better'n nothing, but nothing beats a set of full-coverage fenders.

M

Davist
02-04-2016, 11:20 AM
I've been using fenders this year and it helps. If it's raining hard when I'm looking to leave I avoid it, but this time of year the fenders come in handy. SKS raceblade long (long is longer than XL for some reason?)

Fit on my CAAD10 with 28s.

http://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/raceblade-long-black/

rwsaunders
02-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Full coverage fenders and a nice cap to keep the rain somewhat out of my eyes works for me, but I'm only a recreational rider. Commuting in the rain would be a pita if one didn't have a shower and changing room at work.

More employers are becoming receptive to offering this amenity in their workplace and the last dozen or so larger office projects that we have worked on, it's proven to have been a good decision for our clients.

christian
02-04-2016, 11:40 AM
I have a Hampsten Strada Bianca. Of course I ride in the rain.

echappist
02-04-2016, 11:41 AM
not if i can avoid it. Even with a front fender, shoes become wet in 30 minutes. Also, the rain sends into the air all sort of particulates (phenomenon known as petrichor), including bacteria and viruses, which makes the risk of getting sick higher.

Matt-H
02-04-2016, 12:26 PM
I ride in the rain quite a bit. Getting the motivation to ride when it is raining out before I begin can be difficult. Once I'm out I wonder what all the fuss was about.

cdn_bacon
02-04-2016, 12:31 PM
yes I do.
Crud Road Racer Mudguard Set MKII fenders are on my CAAD until about April/May. nice and light. no bother really as far as added weight.

Worth the $33. have lasted 2 seasons thus far.

After that, Castelli rain pants that I bought from a fellow forumite and a rain resistant jacket. Backpack has a rain cover, as long as the eyes have shielding I'm good to go. Been in the rain and -17 so far this year.

wallymann
02-04-2016, 12:34 PM
I ride in the rain quite a bit. Getting the motivation to ride when it is raining out before I begin can be difficult. Once I'm out I wonder what all the fuss was about.

this. ironically some of my most rewarding rides have been in miserable conditions.

Zoodles
02-04-2016, 12:39 PM
I've been using fenders this year and it helps. If it's raining hard when I'm looking to leave I avoid it, but this time of year the fenders come in handy. SKS raceblade long (long is longer than XL for some reason?)

Fit on my CAAD10 with 28s.

http://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/raceblade-long-black/

Do I get this right, you have 28's plus fenders on your Caad, I'd love to see a pic as my CAAD10 will eventually be my rain bike. I thought it was one or the other though.

Fenders make anything short of a downpour a good day. I have a set for every bike, even if it's just the half fenders, plus a rain/winter bike that I don't clean often thanks to the fenders. Slush butt is something I do not miss.

alembical
02-04-2016, 12:40 PM
I live in Portland and like to ride... so yes, I ride in the wet :)

I love it. During the winter when rain is more common than not, I like it better. My bike is fully fendered and I am running larger heavier tires. During the summer, I don't like it as much. A little sprinkle on a ride is refreshing, but a non-fendered bike with summer tires and a rain after a period of dry weather can be a recipe for me to get some flats and I like fixing flats even less than most.

With proper attire, bike, lights, etc.. it can be quite enjoyable. A little slower with a little more caution awarded to drivers in cars with their reduced ability to see us, but still a lot of fun.

gt eunuch
02-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Riding in the rain? Love it, until my socks get wet. I ALWAYS end up with sopping wet shoes/socks if I spend ANY time in the rain. Full coverage fenders, no fenders, both yield soaking wet shoes/socks.

Do others not get totally wet feet?

phutterman
02-04-2016, 01:11 PM
I do it. Not always, but since I rebuilt my previous road bike as a rain bike and got a set of Crud fenders for it, I feel like I have no excuse. Depends on the day/conditions/etc., though. If I want to just ride and have time to clean up/warm up afterwards, I will. But if I'm after focused training or don't have as much time I'll ride the trainer.

Tickdoc
02-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Yes and no. We don't get many gentle rains here, so I don't stray far when dangerous weather looms. And that's what we seem to get when it rains. Hail hurts.

pdmtong
02-04-2016, 01:17 PM
I do not commute. I will ride if it is wet, or may rain. I will not ride if it is currently raining (wait it out).

Have not found a good solution for keeping water out of shoes. I wear shoe covers since easier to clean than shoes themselves.

A few years ago I bought a s-works tricross. Its good enough for me to line up a handful of times a year and challenge for last in our local CX series, and in full fender mode makes wet riding as pleasant as it can be. I used ot use clip on fenders/splash guards s but nothing beats full coverage especially with buddy flaps like this:
http://www.buddyflaps.com/img/mudflapgirl.jpg

Ralph
02-04-2016, 01:19 PM
NO....I will not ride in the rain. No need to. Retired...not commuting. It rarely rains in Central Florida in AM, but if it is raining, don't go out. Since I can ride about any day I wish, just wait until next AM. Do admit to getting caught and getting wet in some afternoon storms that come early a couple times last year before I could get home.

Seramount
02-04-2016, 01:20 PM
don't commute and we have so many sunny and/or dry days here, there's no reason to force myself to voluntarily start a ride when it's wet.

have been caught in storms many times tho...including an epic hail event that almost beat me to death. had some serious bruises on my back afterwards...

Dead Man
02-04-2016, 01:37 PM
I've been on the verge of posting my own thread about bike commuting in the rain... might still..

I've done full blown wet winters commuting upwards of 90 miles a day. How? Well.. I guess I just wasn't as much of a pussy about it as I am now. Also, I had a real nice cross bike with full fenders and good wet tires and stuff.. plus, I was commuting to school, not work.

Now my office is a mile from my house, and I cannot bring myself to ride in. What I'd really like to do is take the "long way" in - and pump out a quick 20-25 mile training ride before I come in.. but it's always raining. ALWAYS raining, this winter. ····ing always. always. Constantly. I'm not even kidding when I say I think it might be causing some level of psychological depression in me. That and never riding.

If I had a shower and locker room at work, that'd be different.. but no shower/locker room. And I don't really want a filthy wet bike dripping all over the carpet in my office..

I don't necessarily have to look good at the office... I could actually get away with just wearing my bike kit and letting it dry out on my skin while I work... that way I wouldn't have to deal with having a change of kit or putting back on wet/cold/dirty kit for the ride home.. but then I have to sit around in wet/dirty kit for however long it takes to dry off. I don't really see that as an option.

There's one last thing I've thought about - alternating my morning and evening commutes with a vehicle... so have my bike and truck at opposite ends, and then I'd drive in the morning, ride out in the evening, ride in the next morning and drive out the next evening, etc. Then I'd only be wearing kit for the ride, and would be taking it home to wash every day.

I HATE THE RAIN

PSC
02-04-2016, 01:41 PM
I don't ride if it is raining, but if it rains while I'm out I don't mind. Today it's raining and I will probably go for a run.

Matthew
02-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Only if I get caught in it. If it looks like rain I simply wimp out and either not ride or hop on my trainer. I know today's modern seals, bearings, etc. are pretty bombproof but I still don't go out in it. Hate the bike cleaning afterwards!!

Bob Ross
02-04-2016, 02:37 PM
If it's actually raining -- really coming down -- I won't ride. (Frankly, if I had my druthers I wouldn't even leave the house; just not a fan of rain.)

If it's wet out, like it just rained and is now stopping, drizzling a little, misting, spritzing, whatever, yeah, I'll commute on my bike. But I still won't go out for a recreational ride in those conditions.

If I go out for a ride and it starts to rain while I'm out riding, so long as it stays in that drizzling/misting/spritzing category, I'll continue riding...despite my earlier contention that I'm not a fan of rain, I seem to really enjoy riding in those conditions when they are sprung upon you & you have no choice but to continue

...unless it's cold, and then phuk that.

btw, like OP I too am in NYC and I commuted today, and yeah, what the hell was up wit dat? Roads were a mess, yet I don't think it had rained in the previous ~5-6 hours.

alexstar
02-04-2016, 02:49 PM
I ride every day so... yep. Commuting by bike in the rain is made more tolerable by the idea that my destination is warm and dry. Rain pants help too.

For road rides, I just suck it up and get wet. Haven't melted yet. I do run fenders and a rain jacket, but nothing will *really* keep your feet dry, so why bother? IMO.

Keith A
02-04-2016, 03:21 PM
... Riding in the rain isn't itself so bad, but leaving when it is already wet is something I really have a hard time doing.Same for me, although here in Florida we can get some pretty heavy downpours which aren't very fun to be caught in. And as others have stated, it's not the riding in the riding that I dislike...it's the bike cleanup afterwards.

AngryScientist
02-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Totally depends on the temperature for me. I don't mind getting wet if it's warm out, but cold and wet really sucks.

R3awak3n
02-04-2016, 03:29 PM
hmmm, you have the wrong bike my friend.

commuted from Brooklyn into midtown, got to work the same way I left the house.

Full fenders of course

kevinvc
02-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Yup, commute every day year round and go on fun rides on the weekends even if it's wet. I'm lucky that I've got dry secure bike parking at work and a locker room / shower. There are definitely days that I'm not looking forward to riding home in the dark and rain, but the few days I have to ride the bus remind me that biking is preferable to sitting surrounded by soggy smelly people, half of whom are hacking out a lung.

And riding in an urban setting without a good rear fender is antisocial behavior bordering on sadistic.

R3awak3n
02-04-2016, 03:33 PM
those quick release fenders are useless, better than nothing but useless compared to full fenders. Fenders are like frame pumps, once you use them, you wont go back to not using them

gt eunuch
02-04-2016, 03:36 PM
...but nothing will *really* keep your feet dry, so why bother? IMO.

This is what gets me, and is generally why if its raining in the morning, I don't bike commute to work.

If your shoes get sopping wet in the morning, you can deal with it, but when 5 o'clock rolls around you have to slide your feet into nasty cold/wet shoes. Even with newspaper, they will not dry by the time you have to leave.

No one has a solution to this?

Spdntrxi
02-04-2016, 04:10 PM
I use the Crud 2s.. Plastic and all ..not quick release because of the 3 zip ties ..but they are damn near full fenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandyrs
02-04-2016, 04:16 PM
This is what gets me, and is generally why if its raining in the morning, I don't bike commute to work.

If your shoes get sopping wet in the morning, you can deal with it, but when 5 o'clock rolls around you have to slide your feet into nasty cold/wet shoes. Even with newspaper, they will not dry by the time you have to leave.

No one has a solution to this?

There are plenty of solutions. One, which requires space at work but is fairly inexpensive, is a boot dryer.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3198454

I have this model and it's worked great for me.

paredown
02-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Not if I can avoid it...

I have not so fond memories of early spring races over 100 miles in the rain in the PNW.

Hands so cold that you would lose feeling and could go endo because you thought you were holding on tight but weren't. So cold that you couldn't reach around to get food out of your jersey pockets...

I remember getting food out of each other's pockets because it was easier to reach forward and grab rather than try to reach around...

An accidental summer rain--not so bad. But if I don't have to, I won't.

franswa
02-04-2016, 04:34 PM
The thought of knowing you are about to get wet is much worse than actually being wet imo.

I wouldn't go out on a nice unscheduled ride if it was wet but rain or snow wouldn't keep me from riding anything planned either. Certain days i can certainly enjoy riding in the wet, esp if you manage to keep warm.

This pretty much sums up how I look at it.

Davist
02-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Do I get this right, you have 28's plus fenders on your Caad, I'd love to see a pic as my CAAD10 will eventually be my rain bike. I thought it was one or the other though.

Fenders make anything short of a downpour a good day. I have a set for every bike, even if it's just the half fenders, plus a rain/winter bike that I don't clean often thanks to the fenders. Slush butt is something I do not miss.

Here it is in the El Nino thread, 28 GP4season and 28 Schwalbe Ultremo:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1883777&postcount=18

marciero
02-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Full coverage fenders, especially metal, are a beautiful thing, as is the experience of riding through changing weather.

fiamme red
02-04-2016, 08:13 PM

No one has a solution to this?SPD sandals with Sealskinz socks, or toe clips with sneakers and Tingley overshoes.

djg21
02-04-2016, 08:54 PM
My commute was planned for 7 AM this morning, as every morning, and I was hoping to ride in today. I really haven't in a little while. Been taking the bus mostly.

I went to take out the garbage at 6:30 and there was a light mist, which kept the ground real moist. I don't usually like to ride in the wet but it's an unseasonable 49* today. So I kitted up, and went.

Got to work completely filthy (NYC grime is nasty) with dirt everywhere and couldn't be happier.

I feel better physically riding and racing in the rain. The rain keeps the dust and pollen down, and my hayfever at bay. But I wear corrective lenses and cannot wear contacts. I hate not being able to see when my glasses get fogged and wet. It's just too dangerous. I also hate having to clean my bike after riding in the rain. If I can avoid riding in rain, I try to.

leftsidedrive
02-04-2016, 10:49 PM
I got a laugh reading this thread. I don't own a car. I live in Portland. We live and die by bikes equipped with 32's and fenders.

CampyorBust
02-05-2016, 12:06 AM
CRUD RoadRacer MK2 Road Fenders = very heppy!

marciero
02-05-2016, 04:54 AM
Riding in the rain? Love it, until my socks get wet. I ALWAYS end up with sopping wet shoes/socks if I spend ANY time in the rain. Full coverage fenders, no fenders, both yield soaking wet shoes/socks.

Do others not get totally wet feet?

Full coverage metal fenders (bracket runs outside and not inside the fender), or tape the dam created by the inside-running bracket on plastic fenders, mudflaps. Shoe covers for good measure. Good for 25 mile commute. Even without mudflaps, shoe covers get wet but dry at work. Hang damp clothes on hangar, on the bike, or more recently a drying rack at work.

oldpotatoe
02-05-2016, 06:06 AM

If the roads are wet, like now, post snow..places I ride wet from melting, sure, I strap the clip on fenders on and go rode. If it's raining-no, don't need to ride that bad. A misty, cool(not cold) day? Sure, that would be fun. Kinda like when it's snowing..really quiet. Nice.

shovelhd
02-05-2016, 06:22 AM
If the roads are wet, like now, post snow..places I ride wet from melting, sure, I strap the clip on fenders on and go rode. If it's raining-no, don't need to ride that bad. A misty, cool(not cold) day? Sure, that would be fun. Kinda like when it's snowing..really quiet. Nice.

Which clip on fenders do you use?

I used to race in the rain and commute in the rain. I don't do either anymore, so I only ride in the rain when I get caught in it. Squishy shoes bug me.

oldpotatoe
02-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Which clip on fenders do you use?

I used to race in the rain and commute in the rain. I don't do either anymore, so I only ride in the rain when I get caught in it. Squishy shoes bug me.

These , work really well and adjust in height at the fender like full sized ones. I don't agree with the 'better than nothing but'..for a rider in an essentially dry place(Colorado), they are perfect, IMHO. If it were in Portland, maybe permanent ones but not here.

http://www.rei.com/product/723111/planet-bike-speed-ez-fender-35mm?cm_mmc=cse_PLA_GOOG-_-7231110011&CAWELAID=120217890000791109&lsft=cm_mmc:cse_PLA_GOOG

OBTW-for you full fender guys..make sure they are 'breakaway' or you may get this..From a guy I know in the Netherlands-stick between fender and front wheel..you should see his cheek.

jensenn
02-05-2016, 07:15 AM
so nyc. who rode in this morning's windy icy snow?

ANAO
02-05-2016, 07:52 AM

GWB was closed, and I come over from Jersey...but I woke up planning on it.

Whatever. 5 hours up to the Orchards Sunday.

R3awak3n
02-05-2016, 07:54 AM

I'm still at home and not gonna do it.

R3awak3n
02-05-2016, 07:57 AM
These , work really well and adjust in height at the fender like full sized ones. I don't agree with the 'better than nothing but'..for a rider in an essentially dry place(Colorado), they are perfect, IMHO. If it were in Portland, maybe permanent ones but not here.

http://www.rei.com/product/723111/planet-bike-speed-ez-fender-35mm?cm_mmc=cse_PLA_GOOG-_-7231110011&CAWELAID=120217890000791109&lsft=cm_mmc:cse_PLA_GOOG

OBTW-for you full fender guys..make sure they are 'breakaway' or you may get this..From a guy I know in the Netherlands-stick between fender and front wheel..you should see his cheek.

Yikes, but there doesn't look like there is any space for a full fender to go in there. With metal fenders you should have at least 15mm, 20 optimal. People used to say 10 and sure it looks great with 10 but I wouldn't risk it. I do use breakaway fenders now but will go back to metal with no worries.

p nut
02-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Yikes, but there doesn't look like there is any space for a full fender to go in there. With metal fenders you should have at least 15mm, 20 optimal. People used to say 10 and sure it looks great with 10 but I wouldn't risk it. I do use breakaway fenders now but will go back to metal with no worries.

Is that realistic on a road bike? I don't think I've seen 10mm of clearance without fenders. I fully agree on the clearance, by the way. It's another reason why I got rid of fenders.

Ti Designs
02-05-2016, 12:29 PM

I did. Right now both my fixed gear and my cross bike have studded tires. I took the cross bike and did my commute in the normal amount of time. 2" of snow on the side of the road doesn't even slow me down. My only concern was the lack of control many of the drivers seemed to have.

When I got to work I took all kinds of verbal abuse for riding my bike in. Pretty sad 'cause I work at a bike shop...

Bob Ross
02-05-2016, 03:47 PM
When I got to work I took all kinds of verbal abuse for riding my bike in.

What is it with folks in MA freaking out when they see someone else cycling in the snow? I lived in Boston many years ago, and remember riding my mountain bike to Brookline during a raging snowstorm, one of those crazy blizzards where huge sticky flakes are accumulating at >2"/hour. It was kinda fun...except that practically every driver who passed me felt compelled to roll down their window and yell something to the effect of "YOU'RE CRAZY! GET OFF THE ROAD, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!"

Ti Designs
02-05-2016, 07:04 PM
What is it with folks in MA freaking out when they see someone else cycling in the snow? I lived in Boston many years ago, and remember riding my mountain bike to Brookline during a raging snowstorm, one of those crazy blizzards where huge sticky flakes are accumulating at >2"/hour. It was kinda fun...except that practically every driver who passed me felt compelled to roll down their window and yell something to the effect of "YOU'RE CRAZY! GET OFF THE ROAD, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!"

It wasn't from the drivers, it was from the bike shop staff...

As for the drivers, they seemed OK this morning.

Vonruden
02-06-2016, 05:34 AM
All the time and love it!
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj533/vonruden1/BF15E502-049F-464D-A5CC-9512260AE1AE_zpsnmkiairj.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/vonruden1/media/BF15E502-049F-464D-A5CC-9512260AE1AE_zpsnmkiairj.jpg.html)

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj533/vonruden1/792B8A76-6066-46F9-AA29-7EE1ED8AF725_zpsqkpypylv.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/vonruden1/media/792B8A76-6066-46F9-AA29-7EE1ED8AF725_zpsqkpypylv.jpg.html)

jpw
02-06-2016, 05:43 AM
yes, with mudguards and bigger tyres, and the necessary body wear. it's the end that i don't like so much. a dirty bike and wet wet gear.

velofinds
02-08-2016, 12:00 PM
All the time and love it!
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj533/vonruden1/BF15E502-049F-464D-A5CC-9512260AE1AE_zpsnmkiairj.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/vonruden1/media/BF15E502-049F-464D-A5CC-9512260AE1AE_zpsnmkiairj.jpg.html)

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj533/vonruden1/792B8A76-6066-46F9-AA29-7EE1ED8AF725_zpsqkpypylv.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/vonruden1/media/792B8A76-6066-46F9-AA29-7EE1ED8AF725_zpsqkpypylv.jpg.html)

I am late to the party, but @Vonruden has the right idea with the full fenders fore and aft -- my bike gets dirty and wet, not me.

huck*this
02-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Amazing pictures and the hammered fenders are pristine!

Ti Designs
02-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Amazing pictures and the hammered fenders are pristine!

How do y'all keep your bikes so clean?

huck*this
02-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Looked closer and just saw the bell. Custom i presume?

Vonruden
02-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Looked closer and just saw the bell. Custom i presume?

Tomii cycles, highly recommended

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj533/vonruden1/9FBA77FC-B6FE-49D9-8D9E-DCD66B2A8681_zps1v34ezro.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/vonruden1/media/9FBA77FC-B6FE-49D9-8D9E-DCD66B2A8681_zps1v34ezro.jpg.html)