PDA

View Full Version : Jagwire Road Pro C Lite brake pads

Lewis Moon
02-03-2016, 08:25 AM
I got a set of Jagwire Road Pro C Lite brake pads (and holders) with a very nice set of Record Skeleton brakes purchased from a fellow Paceliner. Unfortunately, the compound seems like it is WAY too hard for aluminum rims. When braking they make a scraping noise and take a lot more pressure than, say, the Kool Stop salmon pads I usually use. They almost feel like pads that have been over cooked and glazed over. I have never had that happen on a bike before, so I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
As these came as a pad/holder set (I can't find inserts specifically for the Road Pro C Lite on the Jagwire site) I wanted to know if anyone had changed the inserts on these or whether I just need to bite the bullet and get new Campy pads and carriers.

kramnnim
02-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Can you remove the glazed layer with sandpaper?

Lewis Moon
02-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Can you remove the glazed layer with sandpaper?

I'll have to look, but I really don't think it's a layer...and if it is, I still want to change the pads. Like I've said, I've never had this happen, and there are plenty of steep descents around here where you can't "let it ride" and have to be on the brakes a lot longer than you would like. I haven't even ridden any hills like that since I got the brakes.

buldogge
02-03-2016, 09:01 AM
If the are the 'C' carriers, then they just take regular Campy pads...whatever flavor you like.

They also made 'S'...which, duh, take Shimano pads.

-Mark in St. Louis

Lewis Moon
02-03-2016, 09:25 AM
If the are the 'C' carriers, then they just take regular Campy pads...whatever flavor you like.

They also made 'S'...which, duh, take Shimano pads.

-Mark in St. Louis

I'm hoping this is true. I couldn't see any inserts on the Jagwire site that specifically noted that they fit this carrier.