PDA

View Full Version : Colnago Master fork ??

SPOKE
01-30-2016, 09:35 PM
I have a new Colnago Master fork that has a 1" diameter threadless style steerer tube. Does this steerer tube have enough wall thickness to be threaded so I can actually use a regular quill type stem with a threaded headset? I have the required threading dies to do the job but the steerer tube wall thickness looks much thinner than the ones on my older vintage bikes.
SPOKE

David Kirk
01-30-2016, 09:53 PM
Measure the ID or slip a quill stem in and that should tell you what you need to know.

dave

SPOKE
01-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Measure the ID or slip a quill stem in and that should tell you what you need to know.

dave

Thank you Sir!
Btw.... Finally started building up the beautiful 10th anniversary you built for me!! Still waiting on a few bits but it's mostly done. It's going to rock DA Di2 with the seat post battery & C24 wheel set. Waiting on a different seatpost.

soulspinner
01-31-2016, 07:21 AM
Thank you Sir!
Btw.... Finally started building up the beautiful 10th anniversary you built for me!! Still waiting on a few bits but it's mostly done. It's going to rock DA Di2 with the seat post battery & C24 wheel set. Waiting on a different seatpost.

Please put pics of this up when ur done. Dave fans need a peek........

oldpotatoe
01-31-2016, 07:28 AM
I have a new Colnago Master fork that has a 1" diameter threadless style steerer tube. Does this steerer tube have enough wall thickness to be threaded so I can actually use a regular quill type stem with a threaded headset? I have the required threading dies to do the job but the steerer tube wall thickness looks much thinner than the ones on my older vintage bikes.
SPOKE

If the ID is 22.2mm, yes. I have had various threadless, 1 inch fork steerers threaded to do what you are wanting to do.

The biggest issue with threading a fork steerer not on a lathe is ensuring the threads are parallel to the fork crown race..really hard with just hand tools.

SPOKE
01-31-2016, 12:06 PM
Please put pics of this up when ur done. Dave fans need a peek........

Will do! I've had this frame for nearly 2yrs and finally getting around to building up. It is #10 of 10. It just might be ready to ride by the time the Onesto arrives on my doorstep👍.