PDA

View Full Version : OT: Weird stuff people do...

AngryScientist
01-28-2016, 02:03 PM
Just putting this out there:

-people who brush their teeth in public rest rooms make me uncomfortable. it's a room full of strangers doing unmentionable things behind closed doors and you're brushing your teeth? really?

whatcha got?

BobO
01-28-2016, 02:16 PM
I used to work with a guy who would trim his toenails at his desk. Pretty gross having toenail debris flying around.

tuxbailey
01-28-2016, 02:19 PM
I used to work with a guy who would trim his toenails at his desk. Pretty gross having toenail debris flying around.

eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

The sight, the smell.

BobO
01-28-2016, 02:24 PM
eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

The sight, the smell.

The sound. :(

William
01-28-2016, 02:27 PM

It must have "been time"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ8Iw0dTMm0

:)
William

malcolm
01-28-2016, 02:36 PM
I was on a plane once and the lady across the aisle clipped her nails, at least I was sitting next to her.

Seramount
01-28-2016, 02:37 PM
for grossness, this will probably score right up there...

someone at work apparently thinks that it's proper behavior to pick their nose and then wipe whatever nasal debris they were able to excavate on the tile wall above the urinal.

there was one very large, pastel green snotball there yesterday and now there's three...

really don't understand the thought process on this one. going to use a restroom on a different floor now to avoid the visual nastiness...

brockd15
01-28-2016, 02:37 PM
This thread has great potential.

People who tuck their shirt into their underwear. I don't get it. Do they not know that any pant slippage means we can all see the shirt tucked into the tightie whiteies?

brockd15
01-28-2016, 02:39 PM
for grossness, this will probably score right up there...

someone at work apparently thinks that it's proper behavior to pick their nose and then wipe whatever nasal debris they were able to excavate on the tile wall above the urinal.

there was one very large, pastel green snotball there yesterday and now there's three...

really don't understand the thought process on this one. going to use a restroom on a different floor now to avoid the visual nastiness...

Oh yeah, last place I worked this was a real problem.

N - A - S - T - E - E - E

David Tollefson
01-28-2016, 02:40 PM
... a room full of strangers doing unmentionable things behind closed doors...

So you mention this part, but someone brushing their teeth creeps you out?

You got issues, man. :o

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 02:48 PM
What really frosts me is the kids now a days, who wear pants that won't stay up, exposing their ugly butt crack. Well, folks, there is a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nKohgp0NDE

MesiJezi
01-28-2016, 02:50 PM
-my roommate used to wear swimming goggles while cutting onions.

azrider
01-28-2016, 03:05 PM
Surfing your phone while going #1

Then not washing your hands when you're done

Steve in SLO
01-28-2016, 03:07 PM
1) Guys who blow their noses in public (think locker room) showers.

2) Popping zits in a public restroom-mostly at airports in my experience.

3) (and my personal winner) Guys in a locker room Jacuzzi in the buff leaning forward in front of a bubble jet aimed at their, um, you know :butt:
Seen that one twice.

dlui
01-28-2016, 03:08 PM
-my roommate used to wear swimming goggles while cutting onions.

FYI, that is the recommended method to keep from crying when cutting onions. No kidding, still weird tho

91Bear
01-28-2016, 03:12 PM
I don't understand spitting in urinals. It's better than spitting on the sidewalk, but what's the point of that?

It's like some people are not able to pee unless they spit first.

:confused:

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 03:19 PM
Surfing your phone while going #1

Then not washing your hands when you're done

Smoking while using the urinal is pretty bad, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJmgLqQ-uog

seanile
01-28-2016, 03:35 PM
people who take their pants off on long flights...

kingpin75s
01-28-2016, 04:02 PM

-people who brush their teeth in public rest rooms make me uncomfortable. it's a room full of strangers doing unmentionable things behind closed doors and you're brushing your teeth? really?

whatcha got?

Actually there may often be a good reason for this one...

Adults with braces. Had a few in my office that needed to brush after lunch at work...

brockd15
01-28-2016, 04:10 PM
1) Guys who blow their noses in public (think locker room) showers.

2) Popping zits in a public restroom-mostly at airports in my experience.

3) (and my personal winner) Guys in a locker room Jacuzzi in the buff leaning forward in front of a bubble jet aimed at their, um, you know :butt:
Seen that one twice.

In the locker room of a gym I used to use, a few of the old guys seemed to really enjoy staying completely stark naked after a shower for as long as possible.

More than once I saw an old guy, totally naked, no towel coverage whatsoever, with one leg up on a bench and using a hair dryer on his business.

cp43
01-28-2016, 04:12 PM
In the locker room of a gym I used to use, a few of the old guys seemed to really enjoy staying completely stark naked after a shower for as long as possible.

More than once I saw an old guy, totally naked, no towel coverage whatsoever, with one leg up on a bench and using a hair dryer on his business.

I think some people treat the locker room like a big version of their home bathroom. I don't understand why they do this, but it's the only way to explain things like this.

makoti
01-28-2016, 04:19 PM

People would do this all the time on the airplane. I'd just go up and say "Um, no. Stop." They'd look at me like they had no idea what I was on about.

Steve in SLO
01-28-2016, 04:21 PM

Wait...That's not OK?

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 04:22 PM
People would do this all the time on the airplane. I'd just go up and say "Um, no. Stop." They'd look at me like they had no idea what I was on about.

I'm surprised the airlines didn't confiscate a dangerous weapon like that before the individual ever boarded the plane.

ik2280
01-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Wait...That's not OK?

People take off their pants on the plane?

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 04:25 PM

Sounds like total exaggeration. Old people hardly have any hair down there because it all starts falling out.

2LeftCleats
01-28-2016, 04:25 PM
What about cyclists blowing snot rockets?

There are a couple of podiatrists who share office space. Talk about toenail trimming. Both with clippers and Dremel tools. The sound of the nails hitting the inside of the vacuum creeps everybody out.

makoti
01-28-2016, 04:26 PM
I'm surprised the airlines didn't confiscate a dangerous weapon like that before the individual ever boarded the plane.

For awhile, they did. It was nuts.

makoti
01-28-2016, 04:27 PM
People take off their pants on the plane?

People keep them on? The entire flight?

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 04:30 PM
For awhile, they did. It was nuts.

We were leaving the Detroit airport when a coworker of mine was collared by a TSA agent for carrying a dangerous weapon, a P38 can opener hanging on his key chain. The guy called in the agent's supervisor, who let him keep the P38 and get on the plane. I used to carry a small pen knife on my key chain. I took that off some time ago.

pinkshogun
01-28-2016, 04:30 PM
while attending boston college, my friend routinely watched members of a certain ethnic group wash their pubes in the men's room sink

BobO
01-28-2016, 04:32 PM
while attending boston college, my friend routinely watched members of a certain ethnic group wash their pubes in the men's room sink

German or Irish? :p

Rusty Luggs
01-28-2016, 04:37 PM

The "my friend routinely watched" part of that is equally disturbing .....

milkbaby
01-28-2016, 04:45 PM

It's probably more hygenic to brush one's teeth at the sink than sit on a public toilet.

I don't think it's weird to brush your teeth in a public restroom, but I had a coworker who would do that, rinse his teeth and then spit the resultant rinsate into the urinals. One mouthful into each urinal at a time, making sure every urinal received it's due share. :help:

velomateo
01-28-2016, 05:11 PM
There is someone at my work that builds a nest every time he does a #2. Uses an entire box of paper a$$-gaskets, folded in half on each side of the seat. After he's done he plugs the whole up with another dozen or so. I've often wanted to photograph this mess - but then I think, what if someone walks in.

It's super weird, and there has got to be some sort of mental condition associated with behavior.

Louis
01-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Apparently it's been a looong winter for some of you guys.

Maybe it's time to do some bike maintenance and get ready for the nicer weather.

Dead Man
01-28-2016, 05:19 PM

http://lolzombie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/62596073.jpeg

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 05:22 PM
There is someone at my work that builds a nest every time he does a #2. Uses an entire box of paper a$$-gaskets, folded in half on each side of the seat. After he's done he plugs the whole up with another dozen or so. I've often wanted to photograph this mess - but then I think, what if someone walks in.

It's super weird, and there has got to be some sort of mental condition associated with behavior.

I think I know where you work, unless there are two of them. EEEEK!

Frankwurst
01-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Jeez I'm feeling like I'm somewhat stable. As far as using a blow dryer on your nad sack region, isn't that what towels are for? and as far as old people losing hair, we lose our minds way before we lose our hair unless we are prone to baldness. I know this not from research but from shaking hands with father time. I'm gettin' old,onry and crazy but I still remeber how to behave in public......Well as a far as my personal hygiene goes.:beer:

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 05:39 PM
I have really enjoyed reading the posts as well as adding some of mine to this thread. This place has made my day.:cool:

pinkshogun
01-28-2016, 05:54 PM
The "my friend routinely watched" part of that is equally disturbing .....

i should have worded that better...its was a communal bathroom and he had no choice in the matter

Louis
01-28-2016, 05:55 PM
This thread is useless without pictures or video.

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 05:55 PM
i should have worded that better...its was a communal bathroom and he had no choice in the matter

You mean as in male and female?

jischr
01-28-2016, 06:05 PM
We had an Asian lady that would stand on the stool seat and squat to do her business. Twice week there be complaints and a service request to get the seat clean. The discussion went up through her boss's boss, HR got involved, and eventually she disappeared from the company.

Ronsonic
01-28-2016, 06:18 PM
I don't understand spitting in urinals. It's better than spitting on the sidewalk, but what's the point of that?

It's like some people are not able to pee unless they spit first.

:confused:

Southern thing. Ya gotta spit or .... I dunno, but it's bad.

My gripe: As good as cell phones have gotten at cancelling extraneous noise, I can still tell if I'm taking a call from a small room with lots of acoustically reflective surfaces.

kevinvc
01-28-2016, 06:23 PM

whatcha got?

How timely. I was waiting for the bus at the end of the day yesterday and there was a woman brushing her teeth inside the bus shelter. She was dressed professionally and seemed like a stable "normal" person... who just thought that this was a good time and place to work on her oral hygiene. At least she was courteous not to spit on the sidewalk when she was done. That's right, she swallowed. Then she took a big drink from a coffee mug she was carrying and swirled that around in her mouth for a bit.

The disgusting thing at work is the one guy who does not wash his hands after using the bathroom and I don't mean just after peeing. I make it a point to never shake his hand or touch anything I've seen him handling. However, he will thoroughly scrub his face and rinse his mouth in the sink when he comes inside after a smoke break, leaving puddles of water all around the sink and on the floor. Gross.

OK, one more. There was a guy in the building's locker room a few years ago who had horrific athlete's foot, inflamed, red and skin peeling off in chunks. He had no qualms walking around the locker room and showering in his bare feet. I mentioned to him that he might want to consider wearing shower sandals and his reaction was to get kind of surly and say he didn't need to since he already had foot problems and therefore didn't have to worry about catching anything. :crap:

pinkshogun
01-28-2016, 06:29 PM
while out riding one day a guy was squatting down with his pants around his ankles taking a dump right next to the bike path

there were woods not far away so im unsure if he was suddenly overcome or simply showing off

Frankwurst
01-28-2016, 06:43 PM
I honestly think you guys are to sensitve or just havn't been exposed too much. I personally try to manage my behavior. Try. But I have yet to see anything in public and I've seen alot, that grosses me out. :beer:

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 06:44 PM
while out riding one day a guy was squatting down with his pants around his ankles taking a dump right next to the bike path

there were woods not far away so im unsure if he was suddenly overcome or simply showing off

He probably didn't want to get any ticks on him.

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 06:45 PM
I caught a couple getting ready to go at it on a logging road as I rode by. I guess they figured nobody would be out there on that lonely rural route. Wrong.

PFSLABD
01-28-2016, 06:48 PM
I've had a rider in front of me that I was drafting off, fart in my face. Those are the dangers of drafting too close.:help:

fiamme red
01-28-2016, 07:47 PM
What really frosts me is the kids now a days, who wear pants that won't stay up, exposing their ugly butt crack. Well, folks, there is a solution.On the other hand, I have a friend who always wears both a belt and clip-on suspenders. I've become used to it, but the first few times I saw him, I thought of Henry Fonda's line in Once Upon a Time in the West: "How can you trust a man that wears both a belt and suspenders? Man can't even trust his own pants."

fiamme red
01-28-2016, 07:52 PM

-people who brush their teeth in public rest rooms make me uncomfortable. it's a room full of strangers doing unmentionable things behind closed doors and you're brushing your teeth? really?All right, I'll confess that I've often brushed my teeth (after eating something sugary) in the office washroom. I never thought that anything was amiss in doing that. Now, if I brushed my teeth at the sink in the office pantry, I could understand the objection. :)

Dead Man
01-28-2016, 08:02 PM
The bathrooms are one-at-a-timers with locking doors, at my office. I can build ass gasket nests, fling/wipe boogers, brush my teeth, and fail to wash my hands all I want, and nobody will ever know.

Speaking of the hand washing thing, though... W.T.a.F is up with dudes that will go into the stall, ···· (no gasket), flush, and just go straight out the door without so much as a glance at the sink? What the hell is that guy's life even like?

And this is why the rest of us still have to use a paper towel to get out of the bathroom.

Elefantino
01-28-2016, 08:03 PM
You worked with Stuart, too?

rwsaunders
01-28-2016, 08:04 PM
The gent next to me on the flight from SEA to ORD last night popped his chewing gum for most of the flight. Thank you noise cancelling headphones and the This American Life podcast.

kevinvc
01-28-2016, 09:29 PM
The gent next to me on the flight from SEA to ORD last night popped his chewing gum for most of the flight. Thank you noise cancelling headphones and the This American Life podcast.

That is one of my absolute top OCD peeves. After 20 minutes I would have lost my cool and punched him in the face like he was a circus clown (did I mention I have more than one OCD peeve?)

ctcyclistbob
01-28-2016, 10:07 PM
Speaking of urinals, why can't all guys just flush them when they're done? I don't want to step up to a puddle of your urine. Sheesh.

Idris Icabod
01-28-2016, 10:18 PM
A couple of months ago I flew from London to Phoenix, my next seat neighbor sits down whilst speaking on his cell phone and immediately starts picking his nose, really digging deep. He then has a look at his finger to see what he has managed to extract and proceeds to wipe it on the seat in front of him. I decided that I wasn't going to suffer through this for 10 hours so told him that wasn't acceptable, he simply said 'I forgot'.
Months later I'm still at a loss to how anyone could forget not to wipe nasal excretions onto communal upholstery and that disgusting booger still haunts me clinging onto the seat inches from me.

stackie
01-28-2016, 10:43 PM
I work with a guy who is a bit off like this.

Clipped his toenails with swiss army knife scissors on the table at a anesthesiology dept meeting. We were appalled.

In love with his naked body. He comes over to my place to go for a ride. Shows up in jeans and t shirt. No prob. Hey, powder room just down the hall, you can change there. Goes in. Comes out with bike shorts on, but still has t shirt on. ??? In middle of living room, strips off t shirt and looks around and poses for a good minute. Like my wife gives a ····.

Offers to make sandwichs for a couple of friends after scratching his junk with his hand. Only one taker. Hadn't noticed the junk scratching. Later, he stated that he thought there were sprouts on the sandwich.

Jon

RyanH
01-28-2016, 11:28 PM
I honestly think you guys are to sensitve or just havn't been exposed too much. I personally try to manage my behavior. Try. But I have yet to see anything in public and I've seen alot, that grosses me out. :beer:
You obviously don't live in a big city. So far,I've seen in LA: a homeless lady peeing off the curb, a homeless man vigorously masturbating at a bus stop and multiple diabetes ridden half naked people. The one that takes the cake though was when j was in Paris and I saw a homeless man not only take a ···· in the middle of a very busy square,but then proceed to shove his fingers into his ass as some odd form of wiping. If that description alone doesn't bother you, you may want to check yourself.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

oldpotatoe
01-29-2016, 07:10 AM
We had an Asian lady that would stand on the stool seat and squat to do her business. Twice week there be complaints and a service request to get the seat clean. The discussion went up through her boss's boss, HR got involved, and eventually she disappeared from the company.

Cuz a lot are like this..she probably may have never seen one 'above ground', so to speak. I've seen some with footprints, so ya know ehere to, ya know, put yer feet.

RFC
01-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Ho Ho Ho! Happy Friday! This thread is a great way to start it.

For a number of years, I had to work for a twice divorced, recovering alcoholic, jagged edge, narcissistic, it's always somebody else's fault, total asshat of a senior litigation partner who, when he was lecturing the litigation associates in his office, would frequently stand up, undo his belt, unzip his pants, tuck his shirt in and rezip.

We all commented that his behavior was so strange that you couldn't help but watch. We all, also, had regular daydreams about all of the painful ways we wanted him to die.

I will comment about hand washing in public restrooms. After experiencing the horrors of public restrooms and small children (have you ever held a four-year-old off the floor by his armpits so he can pee without touching the floor?) I have come to the conclusion that my junk is much cleaner than the restroom fixtures.

BobO
01-29-2016, 09:54 AM
For a number of years, I had to work for a twice divorced, recovering alcoholic, jagged edge, narcissistic, it's always somebody else fault, total asshat of a senior litigation partner who, when he was lecturing the litigation associates in his office, would frequently stand up, undo his belt, unzip his pants, tuck his shirt in and rezip.

Ha, I worked for the same guy in architect form. Though he was a current alcoholic and was on his fifth wife. The pants deal was bizarre, but it was the twenty minutes every day he spent hacking and gagging trying to get up a phlegmball that really got me.

Fishbike
01-29-2016, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=RFC;1906343]Ho Ho Ho! Happy Friday! This thread is a great way to start it.

For a number of years, I had to work for a twice divorced, recovering alcoholic, jagged edge, narcissistic, it's always somebody else fault, total asshat of a senior litigation partner who, when he was lecturing the litigation associates in his office, would frequently stand up, undo his belt, unzip his pants, tuck his shirt in and rezip.

Hey I worked for that senior lawyer guy too! He once got into a fight with another lawyer in the office and unbuckled his belt and started dropping his pants to moon the other guy. The other lawyer said "What the hell are you doing!?" The jerk responded, "Showing you my best side." Huh?

xjoex
01-29-2016, 10:13 AM
While in grad school a certain subset of students would go in to the mens bathroom, fill their nose with water and blast it out. Do that two or three times and well the sink is now officially disgusting.

Another person would drop a deuce and then blast out the stall door like the toilet was on fire and run out of the bathroom. No washing... nerd schools have weird events...

-Joe

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Cuz a lot are like this..she probably may have never seen one 'above ground', so to speak. I've seen some with footprints, so ya know ehere to, ya know, put yer feet.

They supply toilet paper, but it's only to wipe your fingers.

Steve in SLO
01-29-2016, 10:21 AM
After experiencing the horrors of public restrooms and small children (have you ever held a four-year-old off the floor by his armpits so he can pee without touching the floor?)
Boy, I have been there!
When my son was young, my mantra in a public restroom was "DONT TOUCH ANYTHING WHITE!"

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 10:27 AM
Boy, I have been there!
When my son was young, my mantra in a public restroom was "DONT TOUCH ANYTHING WHITE!"

Funny you should mention that. Every Saturday morning, I would meet a group of riders for our weekly ride. I always stopped at the McDonalds down the road. I remember early one morning getting ready to go into the restroom, only to see a couple of guys stroll out, looking to be a little light in the loafers. It was then I spied what was on the toilet seat. I decided to go to the Hardy's across the street.

ptourkin
01-29-2016, 11:58 AM
Funny you should mention that. Every Saturday morning, I would meet a group of riders for our weekly ride. I always stopped at the McDonalds down the road. I remember early one morning getting ready to go into the restroom, only to see a couple of guys stroll out, looking to be a little light in the loafers. It was then I spied what was on the toilet seat. I decided to go to the Hardy's across the street.

"Light in the loafers?" Are you for real?

Cicli
01-29-2016, 12:07 PM
"Light in the loafers?" Are you for real?

More often than not.

verticaldoug
01-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Our office building has a person we have nicknamed the phantom. By 2pm in the afternoon he has usually destroyed one toilet with toilet paper and clogging. On bad days, he may strike multiple times.

The phantom may be a germ phobe. We figure he must layer toilet paper all around the seat before sitting, then clogs it when he leaves. . . for a very bad result

flydhest
01-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Not gross, but on topic and likely rational. A friend from grad school would wash his hands before taking a leak. His rationale was that in the morning, he showered and put on clean underwear, so his junk was undoubtedly cleaner than everything he had been touching in the world during the day. He would wash after, as well, but just out of habit. He claimed it was unnecessary as he did not pee on his hands. I cannot refute his logic.

Dead Man
01-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Not gross, but on topic and likely rational. A friend from grad school would wash his hands before taking a leak. His rationale was that in the morning, he showered and put on clean underwear, so his junk was undoubtedly cleaner than everything he had been touching in the world during the day. He would wash after, as well, but just out of habit. He claimed it was unnecessary as he did not pee on his hands. I cannot refute his logic.

It must have been a stolen Playboy mag, or something similar, that I read a quote from some old female apparently famous porn star on the topic of hand-washing: "there are dirty men, who wash after they go to the bathroom; there are clean men, who wash before they go to the bathroom." I was probably 11 or 12 when I read that, and to this day I still often wash before I go pee.

earlfoss
01-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Stop tripping my trigger for erotic non-fiction.

You obviously don't live in a big city. So far,I've seen in LA: a homeless lady peeing off the curb, a homeless man vigorously masturbating at a bus stop and multiple diabetes ridden half naked people. The one that takes the cake though was when j was in Paris and I saw a homeless man not only take a ï½·ï½·ï½·ï½· in the middle of a very busy square,but then proceed to shove his fingers into his ass as some odd form of wiping. If that description alone doesn't bother you, you may want to check yourself.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Our office building has a person we have nicknamed the phantom. By 2pm in the afternoon he has usually destroyed one toilet with toilet paper and clogging. On bad days, he may strike multiple times.

The phantom may be a germ phobe. We figure he must layer toilet paper all around the seat before sitting, then clogs it when he leaves. . . for a very bad result

Well, we had one at the naval base that I worked at, who would do the same thing, but leave it there on the toilet after he was finished. We called him the cocoon man. If you were in the stall nearby, you always knew it was him because of all the wrapping and tearing he was doing before he sat down. So, everyone would hurry up and finish, just so we could wait around outside to see who the guy was when he came out. We finally found out who it was. One day, he was off work so somebody rolled his cube. Man, was he hot the next day. It was the old situation where, it was okay for him to do it but not for anybody else to do it to him.

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 01:15 PM

I used to work in the jet engine shop with my hands in Heptane, which was a JP-5 jet fuel substitute, so you really did have to wash your hands before you peed.

brockd15
01-29-2016, 01:16 PM
At one point when I was in college I lived in a house with five other guys. Our toilet paper was disappearing unbelievably fast....like multiple rolls a day fast. Turns out one of the guys didn't have a towel (not sure how that's possible?) so when he showered he used tp instead! Hi didn't want to inconvenience anyone by using somebody else's towels so never asked and just made due.

rugbysecondrow
01-29-2016, 01:54 PM
People (above the age of 6) who do this:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160129/b6ac56b653954308741e171d9171d1a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead Man
01-29-2016, 01:55 PM
LOL

Haven't seen that move since 1st grade

I have 5 little boys - NONE have ever been taught to drop their pants to their ankles to pee, and none ever have. I mean, when they're FIRST learning to piss in a toilet, the undies might get pushed down mid-thigh.. but that's it. I've never understood those kids that go to the ankles, and never will.

I wonder if it's MOMS teaching their boys to do that?

rugbysecondrow
01-29-2016, 02:24 PM
LOL

I have 5 little boys - NONE have ever been taught to drop their pants to their ankles to pee, and none ever have. I mean, when they're FIRST learning to piss in a toilet, the undies might get pushed down mid-thigh.. but that's it. I've never understood those kids that go to the ankles, and never will.

Yep. It will make you do a double take. I am not a bashful sort, but I don't expect to see bare ass when I walk into the restroom either.

AngryScientist
01-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Yep. It will make you do a double take. I am not a bashful sort, but I don't expect to see bare ass when I walk into the restroom either.

and speaking of which!

why is it that all old men LOVE walking around gym locker rooms naked.

rugbysecondrow
01-29-2016, 02:32 PM
and speaking of which!

Where I previously worked, we had a fitness center and locker room. I understand that we need to shower, change etc, but the last thing I want to see is Earl's old balls right before our 1PM meeting. I mean, handle your business, stop lingering and jingling around.

As a best practice, you should try and avoid seeing your coworkers naked.

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 02:48 PM
LOL

That's efficiency, you know, just in case you have to do both at the same time.

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 02:50 PM
This is by far one of the best threads I've ever seen here. Keep them coming, guys. This one could go on forever.:banana:

corky
01-29-2016, 03:06 PM
I used to work with a guy who would regularly walk to,the urinal, unzip, put one hand in to extract the tackle and with his other flick the porcelain to give the effect that said tackle was so,big it 'dunked' the bottom of the urinal.....guys would walk out with the front of their pants soaked as they lost control through laughing so much.......

RFC
01-29-2016, 03:07 PM
and speaking of which!

I don't get it either, and I'm an old man. When I see them at the gym, I have this vision of fat, old Russian men sitting around naked in the steam room sweating out their hangovers.

How about those guys who shave at the gym, usually naked. Don't they have bathrooms at home?

Or those guys who come to the gym after work dressed in a suit, change into gym gear, workout, then shower and put their suits and ties back on.

When I hit the gym in a suit, I work out and leave in my gym gear to shower at home.

Bottom line, I think it has something to do with a "club" mentality.

Dead Man
01-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Oh man.. interesting we're on the topic of nudity and weirdness. I couldn't get away with posting this any other time, but here goes - TMI WARNING

Who's being weird here?? The wife or me?

My parents and I were always buck ass naked when I was a kid, up until they divorced when I was about 7. NOTHING sexual - not even close. I lived with my grandmother from then on, and while she wasn't much for nudity, I was still naked a lot of the time. Then I was in the military from 16-22, where nudity wasn't anything of note - we all walked around the barracks or dorms with slinkys slinging around all over the place. After I got out and went out on my own, my default, probably even preferred, state at home was nude. I had a physical job, so first thing I'd do when I got home was take a shower, and then unless I was going out, why bother getting dressed? So I'd usually just be naked at home, until it was time to go to work the next day. When I met my future wife, she thought it was weird that I was usually naked at home, and she was a total prude and wouldn't ever just hang out naked, but didn't have a problem with my style. Made her giggle.. I think she found it endearing, sometimes probably even a thrill or turnon. We got married, had a bunch of kids - 5 boys in a row - nudity still was never a problem, and my pattern remained about the same for a decade of happy marriage....... until we finally had our first girl, who is now a year and a half old.

Literally TODAY we had this argument, as I sat down at the breakfast table.... you guessed it... buckass nekkid. Now all of the sudden, it's a problem.. Now all the sudden the wife is asking me to not "be nude," whatever the hell that means. For the daughter's sake.

What difference does it make? I saw my mom naked when I was a kid - I didn't develop any weird sexual crap. I didn't fail to learn an appreciation for modesty, nor fail to understand when is and isn't appropriate to be nude.. so what she's a girl? I'm GLAD she won't be impressed by the nude male body - won't be overly curious about it. A dick. Big woop. Seen a half dozen of those.

And I don't understand how this division of genders is supposed to work anyway... Penelope lives in a house with at least 6 dudes (we'll probably have more kids still)... are we all somehow going to conceal our penises from her for the next 18, 20, 25 years? She cites bible versus (none of which I agree with - Adam and Eve after the fall, Noah's sons covering his nakedness), and says she wants Penelope to have a sense of modesty, and not think it's OK or normal to be naked. It isn't?? Coulda fooled me!

What say you paceliners? Who's being "weird" here??

beeatnik
01-29-2016, 04:36 PM
I like nice soaps. Started with Mistral shea butter soaps. Yesterday I bought two goat milk bars from Whole Foods. Their scents are intoxicating.

Yo, B, I like your let it all hang out style.

flydhest
01-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Oh man.. interesting we're on the topic of nudity and weirdness. I couldn't get away with posting this any other time, but here goes - TMI WARNING

My parents and I were always buck ass naked when I was a kid, up until they divorced when I was about 7. NOTHING sexual - not even close. I lived with my grandmother from then on, and while she wasn't much for nudity, I was still naked a lot of the time. Then I was in the military from 16-22, where nudity wasn't anything of note - we all walked around the barracks or dorms with slinkys slinging around all over the place. After I got out and went out on my own, my default, probably even preferred, state at home was nude. I had a physical job, so first thing I'd do when I got home was take a shower, and then unless I was going out, why bother getting dressed? So I'd usually just be naked at home, until it was time to go to work the next day. When I met my future wife, she thought it was weird that I was usually naked at home, and she was a total prude and wouldn't ever just hang out naked, but didn't have a problem with my style. Made her giggle.. I think she found it endearing, sometimes probably even a thrill or turnon. We got married, had a bunch of kids - 5 boys in a row - nudity still was never a problem, and my pattern remained about the same for a decade of happy marriage....... until we finally had our first girl, who is now a year and a half old.

Literally TODAY we had this argument, as I sat down at the breakfast table.... you guessed it... buckass nekkid. Now all of the sudden, it's a problem.. Now all the sudden the wife is asking me to not "be nude," whatever the hell that means. For the daughter's sake.

What difference does it make? I saw my mom naked when I was a kid - I didn't develop any weird sexual crap. I didn't fail to learn an appreciation for modesty, nor fail to understand when is and isn't appropriate to be nude.. so what she's a girl? I'm GLAD she won't be impressed by the nude male body - won't be overly curious about it. A dick. Big woop. Seen a half dozen of those.

And I don't understand how this division of genders is supposed to work anyway... Penelope lives in a house with at least 6 dudes (we'll probably have more kids still)... are we all somehow going to conceal our penises from her for the next 18, 20, 25 years? She cites bible versus (none of which I agree with - Adam and Eve after the fall, Noah's sons covering his nakedness), and says she wants Penelope to have a sense of modesty, and not think it's OK or normal to be naked. It isn't?? Coulda fooled me!

I am going to say "both". I applaud not hiding nudity from kids of both sexes. Sitting at the table having a discussion about child rearing ... Or just hanging out (pun intended) after work ...both light up my weird-o-meter. That said, your wife's double standard lights it up, as well. As always, my opinions are my own and worth roughly half of what you paid for them.

batman1425
01-29-2016, 04:46 PM

That's a common thing for Microbiologists. I wash my hands about 20x a day because of what I work with. My graduate work was on bacteria that caused urinary tract infections, and I collaborated with a group that worked on Gonorrhea. You better believe I washed my hands before I peed.

Louis
01-29-2016, 04:46 PM

Sorry dude, but you're the one being weird.

I agree "normal" isn't easy to formally define, but in most families (with or without kids of any age) guys don't wander around the house buck naked.

I grew up in a very poor third-world country where teeny boys (but not girls) would run around dirt-floor shacks naked, but other than that folks did their best to have decent threads, especially on Sunday when they went to church.

I don't think things are any different in well-off countries.

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 05:58 PM

That must be why your family and friends, who knew about your hobby, wouldn't sit down anywhere in your house.

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Years ago, I worked in Woolworth's Dime Store. I remember one day where a lady came up to me and asked me if I knew where the store kept the perfume that you put in your drawers. I was mystified by what she had asked me so had one of the other sales ladies come up and help me out. The sales lady was lost as well so after several other ladies came up to talk to this customer, we discovered that she was looking for mothballs for her chest of drawers.

Likes2ridefar
01-29-2016, 06:18 PM
A former coworker liked to leave floaters in the toilet which was only for our dept. Emotional attachment or trying to save water, we will never know. The manager had to address this in a private meeting after complaints...

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 06:19 PM
A former coworker liked to leave floaters in the toilet which was only for our dept. Emotional attachment or trying to save water, we will never know. The manager had to address this in a private meeting after complaints...

There's an old saying: "When the water gets yellow, let it mellow, but when the water gets brown, flush it down."

PFSLABD
01-29-2016, 06:21 PM
I remember working in that same store. I was fresh out of high school and not attuned to the new street slang. A guy came in and asked me where we kept the shades? I sent him to the window shade and drapery department. He was actually looking for sun glasses. Oh well.

JasonF
01-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Saw a guy drop his breakfast sandwich on the floor of the PATH train between Newark and WTC and without even contemplating the circumstances, pick it right up and finish it.

It was an early Friday morning train, not long after bars had closed the night before and the car smelled of stale beer, piss and BO.

batman1425
01-29-2016, 08:15 PM
Saw a guy drop his breakfast sandwich on the floor of the PATH train between Newark and WTC and without even contemplating the circumstances, pick it right up and finish it.

It was an early Friday morning train, not long after bars had closed the night before and the car smelled of stale beer, piss and BO.

100% certain I would have barfed on his feet if I saw that happen.

earlfoss
01-29-2016, 08:39 PM
I understand that we need to shower, change etc, but the last thing I want to see is Earl's old balls right before our 1PM meeting.

HEY! I gotta air those things out!

ckamp
01-29-2016, 11:34 PM
I know someone that comes up to another person, gets a widened stance and does this small rocking and squatting motion to 'adjust' himself. It carries on forever.. There's nothing discrete about it..

PFSLABD
01-30-2016, 05:11 AM
Where I previously worked, we had a fitness center and locker room. I understand that we need to shower, change etc, but the last thing I want to see is Earl's old balls right before our 1PM meeting. I mean, handle your business, stop lingering and jingling around.

As a best practice, you should try and avoid seeing your coworkers naked.

There's a member on this forum that likes to walk around naked in his house. Maybe, he's related to Old Earl.

rugbysecondrow
01-30-2016, 06:12 AM
Hey B,

Due to a snow day my kids have a half day of school today (Saturday). My son proclaimed that "after school tomorrow, I am going to get naked, watch movies and eat dinner ham all day."

My wife blames me.

malcolm
01-30-2016, 08:48 AM

We have little modesty in my house. After having said that most nudity is in the bathroom and attached bedroom. Both of our kids come and go at will and have seen the wife and I naked since birth. We make no attempt to hide it.
I'm not sure how old your daughter is but mine is 15 and at some point they develop their own sense of modesty. Our daughter would be mortified if I saw her naked and I respect that, she will however venture into our bathroom occasionally while I'm fresh out of the shower as she has become older and more modest I've mad an attempt to not be naked in front of her but if it happens it's no big deal. My son is another ball of wax I think he would go to the mall naked and it's a constant battle with him walking through the house naked and I appear to be losing.

Sitting at the table eating a meal naked strikes me as odd unless you are alone and still odd but less so. I guess being nude for the sake of being nude seems out of the ordinary to me if it's in the line of ordinary daily activities I don't see the problem. I do think too much in either direction, hiding or exposing could send difficult to interpret messages to kids.