PDA

View Full Version : Rapha bib short question

CPP
01-24-2016, 12:43 PM
As far as leg length go, how do Rapha "Regular" bib shorts compare with other shorts? It seems that cycling shorts are getting longer in the leg these days.

I see that Rapha offers their shorts in a short length also.

Thanks for any comments

makoti
01-24-2016, 01:17 PM
I have two pair of what I guess are "regular". They don't seem any longer/shorter than other brands. About the same as Assos, Castelli, etc. Little longer than mid-thigh on me, more or less.

rwsaunders
01-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Their Classic bibs in an XL seem a little longer than other bibs that I own but not in a bad way if that makes sense. My other bibs include Assos, PI and Boure. In terms of overall fit and comfort, they are the best that I own. I cannot comment on their Pro Team bibs.

woodworker
01-24-2016, 01:46 PM
I own several pairs in the regular length in large and they seem to be the same as other brands that I've owned. My favorites by the way.

Dead Man
01-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Better a little too long than a little too short, for tan line preservation.

CPP
01-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the comments

I think I would go with the short version. I once had a pair of Assos bibs and had them shortened.

bianchi10
01-24-2016, 02:15 PM
I'd say they are on par to the others mentioned. Rapha bibs shorts or good for sure but there are better out there. I didn't realize this until I did. I throw MAAP bib shorts and their gear around when I talk brands, but there is a reason for it. Their gear is superb. Their bib shorts very similar in design to Rapha, but thicker, better compression and a better/much more comfortable chamois pad. Much more affordable (unless you are getting the end of year clearance deals from Rapha). Not talking down Rapha because it is great quality, but there are other options out there.

(Btw, this is coming from someone who was an extremely loyal Rapha customer)

R3awak3n
01-24-2016, 02:36 PM
I want to try the maap stuff but I just don't like the way it looks. I prefer how rapha looks, its a bit more subdued which is more my style. I still might try the map stuff if it really is that much better. I never had rapha bibs but I am pretty close right now to buy some before the sale ends, I love my Assos bibs and can't imagine anything better but there might be

bianchi10
01-24-2016, 02:42 PM
I want to try the maap stuff but I just don't like the way it looks. I prefer how rapha looks, its a bit more subdued which is more my style. I still might try the map stuff if it really is that much better. I never had rapha bibs but I am pretty close right now to buy some before the sale ends, I love my Assos bibs and can't imagine anything better but there might be

I've worn assos bibs also and they are great. I liked the chamois of the assos more than the rapha, but liked the fit and compression of the Rapha over the assos. The MAAP bibs are the best I've ever worn to date. I hear the lumiere line up is on par with MAAP but I've never worn their gear.