PDA

View Full Version : Ah, it's raining again.

Tom
06-03-2006, 06:19 AM
I'm going to experiment. I'm swapping the cluster over to the OPs with the winter tires and seeing if it's the wheels or the chain and cluster that are crackling like that. I need a long ride and I'm not much in the mood to fix flats out there today. I bet I get one. I always get them in the rain if I get them at all.

Where to go, where to go. Maybe I sit with another cup of java and ponder. I actually like riding in the rain, but then I like riding when it's not raining so I guess it doesn't matter.

Tom
06-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I punked out and did a thirty mile loop. Quite a few pull outs and near left turns into me, I think no one expected a bike when it was raining moderately hard.

I did give a turtle a lift across the road. Silly little guy needed the help, some car would have hit him if I didn't stop. I didn't stick around to watch him turn around and head back, which I'm sure he did as soon as I was gone. I was amazed how light he was for an animal about seven inches across.

Grant McLean
06-03-2006, 01:56 PM
I did give a turtle a lift across the road... I was amazed how light he was for an animal about seven inches across.

Was he sporting one of those newfangled hi-tech carbon/kevlar shells?

g

Fixed
06-03-2006, 01:57 PM
bro a kind heart does a good deed
cheers

Ray
06-03-2006, 02:35 PM
I did give a turtle a lift across the road.
That might have been me - THANKS!

I did 35 on the fixie today, after the bulk of the morning's rain but totally prepared for more. Got caught out and got soaked a couple of times in the last couple of weeks when I wasn't prepared for it. So today I was totally prepared and, of course, not a drop. But it was nice, even at my turtle like fixie pace. It was gray enough and breezy enough and COOL enough (finally) that I felt vaguely Belgian.

Watch out for slow moving vehicles with shells...

-Ray