PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Serotta Question...

Duane
03-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have a question about early '80s Serotta...

http://www.duane.kennard.com/serotta1.jpg

The chainstays are straight (no "S" bend), and it uses a clamp-on front derailleur. Dropouts are Campagnolo. Seat stay caps say Serotta. Cable guides on top of the bottom bracket.
Does anyone know what (if anything) these were called? Did they have a model name? Just wondering, as I have two old frames of this vintage... I'm not selling them, just wanting to learn more about 'em. Thanks!

Kevin
03-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Why don't you e-mail Serotta the serial number from the bottom bracket and ask them to identify the bike.

Kevin

Serotta PETE
03-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Sounds mike they could be Club or Nova frames from late 70s or early 80s....Call Derotta with Serial # and he can probably narrow it down...Whichever they were they rode well (either SL or SLX Columbus, depending on the size and year)

Serotta PETE
03-30-2004, 09:29 PM
I had quite a few finger checks-----sorry

mike= like
derotta = serotta

PETE

csb
03-30-2004, 09:58 PM

Duane
03-31-2004, 01:41 PM
I sent the serial # from one of my old Serotta frames (not the greenie pictured, but a red one from a little later) to the friendly Serotta people, and Kelly kindly replied with the info. The first # in the serial is the year date. In the case of that particular frame, it was an '85. I then found an '85 Serotta brochure, and see that my '85 frame was called a "Nova Special". Turns out that the "Club" was a fancier model. Thanks to all for your help!