PDA

View Full Version : Moots Job Opening

Butch
01-18-2016, 10:16 AM
We have a job opening here at Moots. I wanted to share here.

Butch

Position Summary: The Parts Program manager position will be responsible for the development and management of our complete bike program. Primary responsibilities include creating a timeline around development and launch of complete bikes in collaboration with our sales, marketing and production teams as well as overseeing vendor relationships with OE manufacturers aligned with our product. Additionally the Parts Program Manager owns all aspects of forecasting, inventory management, and fulfillment. A strong desire for achieving results, organization, and a team mentality is needed to succeed in this position.

Specific Responsibilities Include:
1. Manage development of complete bike specifications alongside our sales and production teams with focus on new tools that ensure quality and accuracy in all aspects of the program.
2. Create internal processes and own parts forecasting, purchasing, inventory, fulfillment and shipping/QC.
3. Create and implement a 12 month complete bike development and launch schedule.
4. Active communication between production and sales to maintain current sense of market trends and new developments related to current and future parts specifications.
5. Active communication with existing and new OE vendors around pricing, product changes, and exclusive offerings.
6. Collaboration with our marketing and sales team to develop Go-to-market strategies for complete bike launches, prototype parts selection, limited edition builds and show bike builds.
7. Manage demo bike program to ensure all demo bikes have current Moots parts specifications and are maintained for event use.
Qualifications:
1. Minimum 2 years experience in the bike industry with knowledge of parts, purchasing, and all disciplines of cycling.
2. Product management, product development, IBD and buying experience preferred.
3. Proven attention to detail along with organization and collaboration skills.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Team oriented energy giver, and initiative taker.

Send Resume and cover letter to info@moots.com before February 1st.

Ken Robb
01-18-2016, 10:23 AM
This sounds like someone's dream job. :hello::beer:

eBAUMANN
01-18-2016, 10:51 AM
This sounds like someone's dream job. :hello::beer:

Ha, yea, mine!

Unless managing a race team/sponsors for 4 years and building a few frames/countless bikes counts as "industry experience," that's one fish ill never land.
Also the whole living in Boston thing...

Sigh.
Sure sounds like fun.

AngryScientist
01-18-2016, 10:55 AM
if you're serious eric, you should put an application in, and talk to butch if you can.

passion for your work trumps relevant experience in almost all fields of work, unless you're very near the top of the food chain. in my position, i would rather hire a young enthusiastic employee who is willing to grow and learn over someone who has been beaten down by the business, but knows some obscure intricacies any day of the week.

RockinTukker
01-18-2016, 10:57 AM
Wonder if relocation to Steamboat is part of the package:beer:

fuzzalow
01-18-2016, 11:05 AM
passion for your work trumps relevant experience in almost all fields of work, unless you're very near the top of the food chain. in my position, i would rather hire a young enthusiastic employee who is willing to grow and learn over someone who has been beaten down by the business, but knows some obscure intricacies any day of the week.

Agree. There is a chasm in what people think they know versus know and just how set they can be in the regimentation in their thinking.

I guess the phrase "obscure intricacies" is what made me laugh. Some folks parade their version of "obscure intricacies" as their one trick pony that they intend to ride throughout the whole of their careers.

Anyway, sounds like a interesting job. I'd like once to do something for love rather than for money and I envy those that go for this spot.

eBAUMANN
01-18-2016, 11:17 AM
Nobody should be working in the bike industry for money...every "industry" person I know makes personal sacrifices to do it, because they love it.

on one hand, i envy their ability to work every day at something they love.

on the other hand, having worked as a freelance photographer for 4 years in/after college, i know what working at something you love (at your own financial peril) can do to that thing you love.

loving something and making it into a career (while still loving it) is something far rarer and special than I think we may all realize.

Lovic
01-18-2016, 01:49 PM
if you're serious eric, you should put an application in, and talk to butch if you can.

Very well said my friend!!! The water won't ripple until you throw the stone Eric!!!

bcroslin
01-18-2016, 02:46 PM
This thread has got me thinking what one would have to do to land a job in marketing for a bike company? As a commercial photographer my dream job would be as a "chief storytelling officer" at a bike company. Anyone in the bike biz have any insight?

nicrump
01-18-2016, 03:42 PM
This thread has got me thinking what one would have to do to land a job in marketing for a bike company? As a commercial photographer my dream job would be as a "chief storytelling officer" at a bike company. Anyone in the bike biz have any insight?

start your own firm and sign up a dozen or so small builders who cannot afford a full time in house PR person.

bcroslin
01-18-2016, 05:17 PM
start your own firm and sign up a dozen or so small builders who cannot afford a full time in house PR person.

Would you like to be client number 1? ;)

giverdada
01-19-2016, 07:41 PM
oo ooo count me in to be the canada-based counterpart for canadian builders! i even know guys with moustaches and tattoos and have a way with the grain filter for those epic shots...

SkyRider
01-19-2016, 10:14 PM
We have a job opening here at Moots. I wanted to share here.

Butch

Position Summary: The Parts Program manager position will be responsible for the development and management of our complete bike program. Primary responsibilities include creating a timeline around development and launch of complete bikes in collaboration with our sales, marketing and production teams as well as overseeing vendor relationships with OE manufacturers aligned with our product. Additionally the Parts Program Manager owns all aspects of forecasting, inventory management, and fulfillment. A strong desire for achieving results, organization, and a team mentality is needed to succeed in this position.

Specific Responsibilities Include:

1.Manage development of complete bike specifications alongside our sales and production teams with focus on new tools that ensure quality and accuracy in all aspects of the program.

2.Create internal processes and own parts forecasting, purchasing, inventory, fulfillment and shipping/QC.

3.Create and implement a 12 month complete bike development and launch schedule.

4.Active communication between production and sales to maintain current sense of market trends and new developments related to current and future parts specifications.

5.Active communication with existing and new OE vendors around pricing, product changes, and exclusive offerings.

6.Collaboration with our marketing and sales team to develop Go-to-market strategies for complete bike launches, prototype parts selection, limited edition builds and show bike builds.

7.Manage demo bike program to ensure all demo bikes have current Moots parts specifications and are maintained for event use.

Qualifications:

1.Minimum 2 years experience in the bike industry with knowledge of parts, purchasing, and all disciplines of cycling.

2.Product management, product development, IBD and buying experience preferred.

3.Proven attention to detail along with organization and collaboration skills.

4.Excellent written and oral communication skills

5.Team oriented energy giver, and initiative taker.

Send Resume and cover letter to info@moots.com before February 1st.

Incoming pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis
01-19-2016, 10:57 PM
BTW, all Seinfeld fans know that this company's real name is Moops, not Moots.

c-record
01-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Nobody should be working in the bike industry for money...every "industry" person I know makes personal sacrifices to do it, because they love it.

on one hand, i envy their ability to work every day at something they love.

on the other hand, having worked as a freelance photographer for 4 years in/after college, i know what working at something you love (at your own financial peril) can do to that thing you love.

loving something and making it into a career (while still loving it) is something far rarer and special than I think we may all realize.

+1 Very accurate I'd say.

Lovetoclimb
01-20-2016, 10:44 AM

rapha has a content and social media marketing gig open. Basically photography and story-telling/creative writing from what I have gathered via inside sources. More writing than photography but primarily about how you tell a story.

merlinmurph
01-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Wonder if relocation to Steamboat is part of the package:beer:

Even more importantly: Do you get powder days/mornings off?