PDA

View Full Version : catching up with CSi guy

CSi guy
06-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Well the last 5 months have been very interesting for me as I have lost 36 lbs., become a climbing machine, turned 52, and last Friday got broadsided by a 2002 Saturn.... went to the emergency room with a possible broken hip and kneecap none of which turned out to be true... and was able to ride my Lemond spinmaster today for about 55 minutes. The weight loss was due to exercise (riding my Kreitlers 1 hour each morning) upper body weight training, considerable change in diet, and rediscovering my love for running. The accident makes me feel lucky as I am reading of ANOTHER cyclist run over and am here to at least talk about my accident. I was hit broadside and my 1988 FULLY restored Paramount was toasted, but I learned several things. Appreciate all you have, enjoy life each day, ride as much as possible, avoid busy traffic streets during rush hour, and never get to attached to a bike as accidents do happen. Except for the sore ribs and massive road rash all is well. I hope to ride tomorrow with my friends. I would have been more bummed should my CSi had been destroyed last week. Shopping list includes new golves,shoes,jersey,shorts,frame,helmet, shifters, tape, and tubes of neosporin.

Serpico
06-02-2006, 01:58 PM
good post :beer: congrats on all the positive stuff

a100mark
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear you are ok, CSI! Again, thanks for the postive comments. Life's to short to fill it with negativity :) and great job on the weight loss!

sc53
06-02-2006, 03:45 PM
CSI, thanks for keeping your same name despite forum pressure to change to a new one. I like the name CSI! If you do change though, please become Ottrott.

TimD
06-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Shopping as therapy, entirely plausible. I just secured some Stella Azzura bar tape for my Marcelo from a source in Switzerland and I am quite happy with it.

Ride strong - again -

72gmc
06-02-2006, 04:45 PM
CSIguy, you have a great perspective in light of a lousy development. Congrats on all of the positive changes.