PDA

View Full Version : Saddle testing - where to from Romin Evo for better circulation?

stuckinthecity
01-16-2016, 11:43 PM
Not sure there's a correct answer here but throwing it out there:

I'm starting from a Romon Evo but I want to get more blood circulation overall down there on the saddle and to my legs.

Naturally I'll try a range of saddles, but anyone care to take an educated guess if I should go firmer (such as an Arione) or plusher (such as a Turbomatic)?

Elefantino
01-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Saddles are like backsides, all different, but I would hit up SoCalSteve with a DM for a good answer. No one I know of has tried more saddles.

bianchi10
01-17-2016, 12:35 AM
There is a correct answer.

Answer: specialized power

ajhapps
01-17-2016, 01:01 AM
Have you tried a Romin Pro? I have both an Evo and a regular Romin and actually like the Pro better for comfort over the long haul. The Evo is nice for shorter endeavors, but the firmness of the less-padded version actually keeps circulation nice and healthy. Had a few other saddles and these seem to work best for my situation.

BdaGhisallo
01-17-2016, 05:23 AM

Indeed, this is the correct answer!

Give one a try if you can. They are great.

oldpotatoe
01-17-2016, 06:02 AM
Not sure there's a correct answer here but throwing it out there:

I'm starting from a Romon Evo but I want to get more blood circulation overall down there on the saddle and to my legs.

Naturally I'll try a range of saddles, but anyone care to take an educated guess if I should go firmer (such as an Arione) or plusher (such as a Turbomatic)?

Really depends but find a shop that has a test ride program. SMP(my recommendation), Fizik, SSM, others, have test ride programs. A good anatomic bike fit might be a good idea also if you are have circulation issues.

uber
01-17-2016, 07:01 AM
If you are generally happy with the Romin but just want more blood flow, the Power is the answer in theory. SMP is a great choice in terms of saddle design. A different saddle shape altogether might be the answer or your position on the bike might need to be adjusted. I recently found an answer to my saddle discomfort after going through many saddles (including 3 SMP, Romin, Power, several SI's and two bike fits). This was also in addition to trying several new kinds of bin shorts and chamois creams. A Selle Italia Flite flow works for me now, but patient trial and error was needed.

ultraman6970
01-17-2016, 07:56 AM
Did you try lowering the saddle like 5 mm 1st??

etu
01-17-2016, 08:15 AM
What do you mean by blood to circulation to the legs? Perineum, I get, but legs not sure how a saddle affects this. Are you talking about range of motion and positioning? Maybe others can enlighten me also.

Ralph
01-17-2016, 08:17 AM

Best I've ever used also....for me. But even it has to be set up correctly. Nose too high and it will feel like you are cutting off circulation. Also....because of it's design, was able to go one size wider. Better platform for more time on saddle.

firerescuefin
01-17-2016, 08:58 AM
All asses are different. Ridden the Romin Evo (Current saddle) and the Power. Evo has been my choice for awhile and overall very happy. Power is nice, but if you move around on the saddle, not a good fit.

SMP would be next on my list if I were you and dealing with those type of issues. I'm strongly considering one.

Very interesting read:

https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/bikefit/2011/09/all-about-smps/

kgreene10
01-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Five years on a Romin Evo and couldn't stand five minutes on the Power. Selle Italia SLR Superflow is working for me now.

Are you relatively new to cycling? It took me about a year of real riding before my legs started to support me more so I wasn't putting so much weight on the saddle.

R3awak3n
01-17-2016, 09:20 AM
You are are making me put a wtb for a power, been wanting to try one for a while.

firerescuefin
01-17-2016, 09:22 AM
You are are making me put a wtb for a power, been wanting to try one for a while.

Specialized will refund you if you don't like it (purchasing from an LBS)

bcroslin
01-17-2016, 09:43 AM
Check out the Shimano Pro Falcon saddle. It's specifically designed to alleviate the exact issue you're having. Best of all, Pro has a 30-day money-back guarantee. I was having the same issue you're having with my Aliante and Turnix saddles and switched to the Falcon 142mm at the advice of my fitter and the soft tissue issues I was having are largely gone.