PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter turns ten this week!

scooter01
06-02-2006, 11:32 AM
I have a list from her for gifts, but I really want to find something special.
Any suggestions? She is already on her third bike, this current one still fits.
Smiley not ready for you yet :)

We are going to Alaska the end of August for two weeks, so I am thinking of her own digital camera for this trip.

She is my only kid, (She also was at the Notrott BBQ) I need something special from dad. I need some good ideas

Also_ Congrats to Pete- his daughter is getting married this weekend.

davids
06-02-2006, 12:02 PM
The big One-O, huh? Congrats!

A sturdy, simple camera sounds like a great idea.

My daughter just had her 13th, following hard on her Bat Mitzvah. She got tickets to "Champions on Ice", a week-long trip to Chicago to visit one of her best friends (her first solo flight), and a box of exotic-flavored Jelly Bellies. I think she's had as much fun with the $14 of jelly beans (trying different combinations, studying the differences between tangerine and orange sherbet...) as from the skating show.

Fixed
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
enjoy bro they grow up fast
cheers

Serotta PETE
06-02-2006, 12:17 PM
enjoy bro they grow up fast
cheers

yes they do,,,my oldest gets married tomorrow..... :)

botchcasually
06-02-2006, 12:41 PM
may assist during those less than exciting travel moments, But the digital camera is a good idea, particularly if you are going on such a cool vacation. We are heading west for 10 days, and my 10 year old daughter, (my only one), is in charge of chronicling the trip. We are going to set her up with a "travel" blog so she can write about it each day and post the day's pictures.

spiderman
06-02-2006, 01:18 PM
and she loves american girl dolls
and riding our ibis tandem!

davids
06-02-2006, 01:35 PM
That trumps a Bat Mitzvah. As my people say, Mazel Tov!!!

scooter01
06-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey a tandem, now that sounds like a great idea....

Hey Spoke, can I add to that order??

Fixed
06-02-2006, 02:28 PM
bro it all sounds good
cheers

slowgoing
06-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Get her what she wants. That will make her happy. She might not appreciate anything else right now.

What you really need to do is take a lot of pictures and video. That's the best present for her later - a chance to watch and remember.

JasonF
06-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Great post, my daughter is about to turn 9...

Here are some ideas:

1. Ditto American Girl (but my daughter is starting to outgrow it a little)
2. A cheapo laptop? Our daughter has one of my old laptops. I loaded very restrictive filtering software on it but she loves doing school projects and logging onto her "Neopets" account with it.
3. Ditto Ipod
4. Is she into American Idol? They're going on tour (no doubt to a city near everyone).

djg
06-02-2006, 03:02 PM
and she loves american girl dolls
and riding our ibis tandem!

So there's some sort of American Girl theme park/entertainment/marketing thing in NYC. I haven't been forced to go myself, but I've had fun taking my daughter to NY and I've heard rave vicarious reviews of the American Girl Experience thing from some other parents (who, as it turned out, dropped quite a bit of coin at the thing). Nearly anything for an adventure together would probably be memorable for her.

Bradford
06-02-2006, 03:10 PM

Godfather,

Isn't true that you can't turn down a request on your daughter's wedding day? I think Smiley is on his way down now to ask you for a bike. :banana:

67-59
06-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Scooter,

My youngest just turned 10. What an awesome age it is! I just spent the morning at her end of the school year field trip, and she's old enough to do things independently, but still young enough to want to hold my hand!

I'd echo the American Girl doll if she doesn't have one -- it is by far my daughter's favorite toy. We actually gave it to her a couple of years ago during a surprise spring break trip to Chicago. She had been asking to go so she could just see the dolls at their Flagship Chicago store. We gave her the doll on the way, then took it to their tea room for afternoon tea.

A camera sounds like a good choice too. We're going to Hawaii about the same time you're going to Alaska, and my daughter has already asked if she can have her own camera for the trip....

72gmc
06-02-2006, 04:59 PM
1. Dad
2. A trip with Dad
3. A camera to remember the trip with Dad

I think you are doing pretty well on the giving already. My girls are 1 and 6... already growing up too fast.