PDA

View Full Version : OT: voiceover on ppt

etu
01-16-2016, 07:39 AM
anyone know of an easy way to do this on a mac? i have never had good luck using the voiceover feature on ppt program itself. tried using Articulate program which is great, but is windows based. looking for a relatively simple program to create multimedia learning materials with ppt.

purpurite
01-16-2016, 08:02 AM
Quicktime will record audio files as well as video/audio movies, using your desktop as a demo. I use a $20 lav mic and a USB adapter to record very high quality sound files. The resulting audio files can be dropped in directly over a page in Keynote or Powerpoint and controlled just like a video file.

FWIW, Keynote is a far better and more intuitive program for presentations if you aren't sharing it with PC/Windoze formats, though it can export as .ppt if needed.

EDIT: I should say that you can use the built-in mic on the Mac to record, but results aren't tremendously clean or audible, and it picks up ALL ambient sounds.

EDIT #2: I should also say that I use a lavalier mic (http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR3350IS-Lavalier-Microphone-Smartphones/dp/B00HZA6EJO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1452953376&sr=8-6&keywords=lavalier+mic) that works with my iPhone for low-rent interviews and voice overs, which is why I need a USB adapter. You can buy $20-40 USB microphones that will get you the same results without an adapter.

NHAero
01-16-2016, 01:17 PM
I teach online courses and I narrate and record Powerpoint slide shows using Camtasia for Mac.

rwsaunders
01-16-2016, 02:32 PM
If you're ever looking for an alternative to ppt (you can export these presentations to ppt), Haiku Deck is a nice alternative. If forces you to rely upon images rather than words and the new graph feature is nice for relatively simple presentations.

https://www.haikudeck.com

BumbleBeeDave
01-16-2016, 03:03 PM
anyone know of an easy way to do this on a mac? i have never had good luck using the voiceover feature on ppt program itself. tried using Articulate program which is great, but is windows based. looking for a relatively simple program to create multimedia learning materials with ppt.

I'm pretty sure there's a Mac version available. Record tracks and edit in there, the import sound from file to each slide for PPT?

BBD

nighthawk
01-16-2016, 03:39 PM
iMovie on your Mac is pretty easy to use. You can import a ppt and record audio for each slide individually with plenty of editing tools for the audio and visual.

etu
01-16-2016, 11:53 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. Will look into them and see what the best fit for my situation. :beer: