PDA

View Full Version : Fierte front derailleur

woolly
06-02-2006, 10:00 AM
What's the correct Shimano 9-speed front derailleur (triple) to use on a 52cm Fierte?

We purchased this bike from another forum member ("itsflantastic - thanks Dan!!!), but my wife likes the feel of the Shimano hoods on her first bike better than the Campy that came with the Fierte, so I'm in the process of swapping components. I do remember that the Fierte seat tube looked noticeably bigger than her Bianchi Virata, but I don't know what size it takes (and don't have the bike here to measure it right now).

Or, since both groups were triples (9-spd Shimano Ultegra, 10-spd Campy Veloce), should I just leave the current derailleur with it's original frame? I recall being told once that "a front deraillier is a front deraillier", but have never mixed & matched them before myself. This would actually be the more attractive option - the majority of the Campy components are headed for my Serotta Colorado II (which requires a braze-on front der anyway), and I dont' mind mixing components on the Fierte - would save me the cost of a new front changer.

Thanks,

Chris (actually my real name :D )

Serotta PETE
06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Leave the original if it is a triple and it will work fine.

PETE