PDA

View Full Version : Northwest blahs

bironi
06-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Thought I would post a couple pics of my trip to Mt Rainier a couple weeks back. I just needed a reminder of what things look like in sunshine. The forum has been less than inspiring lately, but riding in the mountains always does it for me.

Byron

dave thompson
06-02-2006, 09:44 AM
The Cascades are magnificent, aren't they?

Roy E. Munson
06-02-2006, 09:57 AM
*** are those shorts the dude in the first pic is wearing?

tbushnel
06-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the post. That will get me through a working weekend.
TEd.

bironi
06-02-2006, 10:12 AM
*** are those shorts the dude in the first pic is wearing?

They are my most comfortable bibs, Assos. They are also my most embarrassing. I have no idea why they are about three inches shorter than any other men's bibs.

Byron

72gmc
06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
They remind me of Sean Connery's swim trunks in the Dr. No/Thunderball era. Sean Connery is cool... does that make you feel better?

I was skiing at Crystal on a day much like the one you had in the mountains. Super Bowl Sunday, actually. Everyone left to watch the game and it was bliss.

bironi
06-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Some sunny pics?

Orin
06-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks Byron, nice reminder of what it could have been like on Monday :)

(Byron led an encore ride on Monday, but unfortunately it was a cloudy day.)

Orin.

Erik.Lazdins
06-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Some sunny pics?

The sun is behind some clouds, but it is there.

bironi
06-02-2006, 01:53 PM
I was just at my local lbs, and saw that lighter, slightly older version of Dottie's Calfee tandem. It had a crack inthe carbon fiber seat tube just above the front derailier hanger protective sleeve. I suspect Dottie's may have a larger seat post, but I would inquire of Calfee if this design flaw has been addressed. This is bad news for the couple owning this Calfee, they are in Italy currently, but this will not be welcome news when they return.

Byron

bironi
06-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Very cheery indeed! :beer:

bironi
06-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Erik. :beer: :beer:

Kevan
06-02-2006, 01:57 PM
don't be asking Sandy to post pictures of himself in his tight hot pants. It's bad enough I took the dang pictures, but forced to relive'm is asking too much.

Steve Hampsten
06-02-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm guessing that you guys are on the road going to Sunrise? Great ride and one that isn't on the Ramrod route.

Some friends and I have a Rainier weekend planned coming up: we'll be staying at Whistlin' Jacks on Highway 410 July 22-24 and riding all three days. Any are welcome to join for some or all and the riding is first-class.

bironi
06-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm guessing that you guys are on the road going to Sunrise? Great ride and one that isn't on the Ramrod route.

Some friends and I have a Rainier weekend planned coming up: we'll be staying at Whistlin' Jacks on Highway 410 July 22-24 and riding all three days. Any are welcome to join for some or all and the riding is first-class.

I have been trying to get a mutual friend, Kris Green up to the mountains. This will be a perfect opportunity. The pics are from Paradise Valley Road, and Stevens Canyon, both on the Ramrod route. Sunrise is nice, but I have never been able to let it fly on the descent due to auto traffic slowing the pace.

Thanks

BUTCH RIDES
06-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Hello,
My oh my you guys must be very strong to ride up a mountain. I mostly walk my bicycle up hills but then I like to coast down the otherside that is fun.
It must have been very cold way up on a mountain with only your bicycle.
I must be a big chicken but I do ride up to 5 miles everyday. Thank you for your beautiful pictures.
adios

Kristopher Gree
06-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Cited by name in the Serotta Forum. I can die a happy man. Yes, Byron, I shoulda been with you guys, not least because the weather looked nothing like that at sea level on Monday. Weekend days are just a little too hotly contested in my household this time of year to have a full one surrended to me for a ride. It'll happen again, or we can try to arrange a day midweek.

Steve, I'd love to join you and your friends in July.

Let me know next time you're planning to wear those shorts again, Byron, and I'll wear my Assos from last year, which are apparently approaching translucence in the rear. We'll make some sort of a Euro Village People tribute.

Kris Green
Whose riding has looked more like Erik's, lately. I have five or six bikes that are completely covered in crud.