PDA

View Full Version : eBay selling question

NHAero
01-13-2016, 10:04 AM
I have a pair of NIB Continental 700x25 GP4000 tires on eBay. They aren't the current model with the S suffix. There is a good photo of the tires in their boxes. I am surprised to see the bidding currently at $76 for the pair (plus $6 shipping) - should I be concerned that the bidders think this is the most current model?

Thanks

oldpotatoe
01-13-2016, 10:07 AM
I have a pair of NIB Continental 700x25 GP4000 tires on eBay. They aren't the current model with the S suffix. There is a good photo of the tires in their boxes. I am surprised to see the bidding currently at $76 for the pair (plus $6 shipping) - should I be concerned that the bidders think this is the most current model?

Thanks

Put an addendum at the bottom or the description that specifies this if you are concerned.

bart998
01-13-2016, 10:08 AM
Not everyone pays attention to the details like you do or might not be aware of the changes.... spell it out clearly in the description.

Tony T
01-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Are they the blue ones?
If so, it's clear to me that they are the older model.
And the new models are selling for $20 more on eBay
I would not be concerned

NHAero
01-13-2016, 11:07 AM
Are they the blue ones?
If so, it's clear to me that they are the older model.
And the new models are selling for $20 more on eBay
I would not be concerned

yes, the blue tread, thanks all!
I tried to edit the description anyway but apparently eBay now thinks I grew up on another street than the one I grew up on so couldn't pass the security question hurdle :-(

likebikes
01-13-2016, 11:46 AM
you'll be fine, ebay oftens transcends reason.

Skenry
01-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Take the dollars

thattallasiangu
01-23-2016, 12:31 AM
If they have a question about the item, or its originality, they can message you before they bid.

ultraman6970
01-23-2016, 01:07 AM
Put as much as details you can in the description, even if its obvious from looking at the pictures.

oldpotatoe
01-23-2016, 05:49 AM
Put as much as details you can in the description, even if its obvious from looking at the pictures.

I agree but even then. Sold a used BB to a gent in Taiwan..said in the text it was used, 3 times, he got it and gave me negative feedback, because it was 'not new'...

ultraman6970
01-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Another advice... unless is japan or you know the dude from somewhere else, or an asian friend, dont sell to asian countries, period!! same with south america.

The problem is that you have no idea if the items arrived to destination and can get burned big time. Second... what potato is saying, that happens OFTEN than you think, this geniuses can't read unless is in characters, so between joke and seriously, add dumb clauses in bold and uppercase in simple english, that way you minimize the chances of not reading the important part.

My experience with japanese buyers always been good, it is a cultural thing, is not in them to screw you up or take stuff before arriving to the rightfull owner.

Another thing I do is to put a clause, simple stuff like... "is not my fault if you are buying the wrong thing, description is there so be sure of what are you buying!!!! BE SURE! NO RETURNS!!!"""

Never think the buyers are the smarter people over the face of the earth, my flipper friend had found some specimens that deserve do not spread their genes ever... so what potato is saying doesnt surprise me at all.

I agree but even then. Sold a used BB to a gent in Taiwan..said in the text it was used, 3 times, he got it and gave me negative feedback, because it was 'not new'...

R3awak3n
01-23-2016, 10:29 AM
I don't sell international because of exactly that.

I have got a neutral out of it because of communication issues.

I saw if you are concerned do what Old Potato said. Or wait till the auction finishes and contact the winner and tell him. or just let it go, maybe he wants the old version. ebayers are quite dumb sometimes, I have seen people pay the same for used stuff when they can get it new amongst other stupid things.

AJM100
01-23-2016, 10:36 AM
gave me negative feedback, because it was 'not new'...

Was it listed as "new" or "preowned"?

01-24-2016, 11:17 AM
I'll be careful and complete about descriptions, but not necessarily to the point of saying "This is NOT ... ." If the illustration is clear and the description is not misleading, they need to figure stuff out. If they give you negative feedback and your listing is clear and not misleading, contest it and have eBay fix it.

Never sell overseas. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Lots of photos, even if it's something simple like tires. I always photograph the box, the tire sidewall label, the tread, if there's any opportunity for ambiguity. Good photos both sell better and also eliminate disagreements.

Statements in the listing like "no returns" don't get you far because it's an option on the listing anyway, and saying it doesn't cover the more common situation where someone says it isn't what's listed or not in the condition listed. I just make sure I supply the correct name of the product (like the tire name quoted directly from the sidewall) and at that point, with a photo, my job is done.

oldpotatoe
01-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Was it listed as "new" or "preowned"?

It was listed as USED, said so in upper part of description and stated it twice in text.

djg21
01-24-2016, 01:55 PM

I sold a brand new Dura Ace 7700 BB in the box, and the buyer (sounded like a kid) told me he was informed by his LBS that the BB bearings had been damaged somehow, presumably by being installed incorrectly. He demanded a refund and claimed that I had damaged the BB. I figured his LBS was pissed when he tried to have it install a part he bought on Ebay. Either that or he tried to install it himself and screwed something up. It happens occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk