PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Nove

8bits
01-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Just won a auction of a Nove frameset that I've being lusting for the past month! I've got some questions about the frame and if anyone could help me figure it out it would be great.

Since the frame didn't arrive yet and I'm trying to buy some parts I needed to know what is the diameter of the seatpost and of the FD clamp, I know that the Ottrot (richer cousing of the Nove) is 27.2mm and 34.9mm but not sure about the Nove.

Also, it seems that my version doesn't come with the F3 fork, it seems slimmer and more elegant but I don't know if it is any good...

jlwdm
01-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Same as the numbers you have listed for the Ottrott.

Enjoy your Nove. I have had mine for about 8 1/2 years and have loved it the whole time. I have other bikes but the Nove is number one.

Jeff

v531xc
01-11-2016, 01:38 PM
The fork is a Serotta-branded Reynolds Ouzo pro. Pretty great fork imo. and I believe the seatpost and FD clamp are the same as the Ottrot.

Matthew
01-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Welcome!! And congrats on the Serotta win. I have had various Serotta's in the past and I think you will be quite happy with it. Great bikes!!

8bits
01-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :beer:

Last question (for now), what is the largest tyre that I can fit on this frame/fork? Would a 25mm GP4000IIS fit? They tend to baloon to 27mm on wider rims...

dave thompson
01-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :beer:

Last question (for now), what is the largest tyre that I can fit on this frame/fork? Would a 25mm GP4000IIS fit? They tend to baloon to 27mm on wider rims...

The larger tire most likely will fit on the rear. The front *maybe*, it will depend on the fork. Perhaps you might have a friend that has a front wheel with the the size of tire you want, then try it on for size. IIRC a Serotta I had with an F2 fork (which I believe your bike will come with) would fit a 25MM tire max.

The Nove is a great bike!