PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo Gran Fondo San Diego

Russian bear
01-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Has anyone participated in this event? Was it worth while? Well supported and organized? Thinking this might be a fun reason for a weekend trip to SD.

ptourkin
01-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Has anyone participated in this event? Was it worth while? Well supported and organized? Thinking this might be a fun reason for a weekend trip to SD.

The long is a good route. I ride much of it every week. Otay Lakes out to Honey Springs to Japatul Valley is scenic stuff. If you like doing supported events, this is a good one.

Pending the actual announcement, it is widely believed that Stage One of the ToC is following the same basic route up Honey Springs and around the reverse Great Western before returning to the start in a different direction. A few weeks ago they ran a test ride for the Honey Springs KOM which is the same KOM that the fondo uses. Horner holds it on Strava.

wasfast
01-10-2016, 07:52 PM
I haven't done it but pondering it for this year. I need something to motivate me. I live in North County so don't do rides very often in the Great Western Loop area.

FlashUNC
01-10-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm debating it. The full Gran might be a bit much for me, so maybe the medio. We'll see...