PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on delivery

Tickdoc
01-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Missed it yesterday because my teenage son wasn't here to sign:crap:
He wasn't here during the exact 30 min delivery was attempted.
I asked him to stay because I knew it would b coming.
I forgot, was his excuse:butt:

Oh well. Says its out for delivery today, so I am holding down the fort.

SO is pitching a fit cuz I won't leave the house.

On the good news side, I sent a buddy to recon the San Fran Raphael sale:beer:

I miss my old fedex guy. He would come by my work to deliver if I had something to sign for at the house and no one was home.

Cicli
01-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I ditched work yesterday to not miss fedex. My new wheels had to be signed for. It was worth it.

Tickdoc
01-09-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm like a FedEx stalker....already seen two trucks go by.

brockd15
01-09-2016, 12:57 PM
O, the anticipation!

What' being delivered?

Tickdoc
01-09-2016, 01:01 PM
O, the anticipation!

What' being delivered?

Just another repurposed pace line bike:banana:

regularguy412
01-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Our warehouse guy at work says it's OK to have stuff sent there. So that's what I do. Last 'big' delivery was an $809.00 Mercury clincher wheel set. Plus for some carriers, the shipping charges 'may' be a bit less to a business compared to residential.

Mike in AR:beer:

Tickdoc
01-09-2016, 01:22 PM
So I tell one of my San Fran friends about the racha sale ( with an ulterior motive, err umm shopping list)....he just texted me a pic of people lined up in new iPhone launch day mode. Crazy.

Mikej
01-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Is there a RAPHA sale in San Francisco or something?

Tickdoc
01-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Is there a RAPHA sale in San Francisco or something?

yep, supposedly 50 off and crazy busy.

fa63
01-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Been waiting for a delivery myself (Time frameset), but no signs yet and it is already 5:33 pm... The tracking hasn't really been updated since the package was dropped off either. Last but not least, the package was shipped USPS but it sounds like a typical frame box is too big to be shipped USPS. Needless to say, I am getting anxious.

tigoat
01-09-2016, 04:48 PM
They usually deliver to their retail store for free, just make the re-direction on their website. Why mess with the waiting game?

buddybikes
01-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Why didn't you just login to fedex site and ask to hold at their depot and go pick it up?

Tickdoc
01-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Why didn't you just login to fedex site and ask to hold at their depot and go pick it up?

Thought I would be home, but had a last minute out of town trip that took too long to get back.

Also thought I was covered by having my son at home (but forgot he is 16 :~)

Says it is on truck and ready for delivery today....but the day is almost over, which means monday for second attempt.

Frustrating to say the least.

R3awak3n
01-09-2016, 07:22 PM
I have 3 deliveries that need to be signed for and worst of all they are coming on monday, tuesday and wednesday. What is up with bike sites sending stuff through the slowest and most annoying way possible?

All this stuff could have been sent through USPS, would be here in 2 days, cost the same and I would not have to sign for it

Tickdoc
01-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Well, I waited all day thinking it would be redelivered. Watched umpteen trucks go through my neighborhood just knowing one of them was carrying my bike. When I track it, it says package is on truck for delivery since 4:30am today....but that delivery will happen Monday:crap::crap::crap:

Oh well, I was looking forward to tuning, adjusting, and even possibly riding, but that will have to wait for next weekend ( the riding part, at least).

Thankfully my wife is home Monday so someone should be here to sign.

Want to know what it is?

Hell no, if I have to wait, you have to wait:banana:

R3awak3n
01-09-2016, 07:38 PM
I was surprised it was going to arrive today, they don't usually delivery on the weekend unless shipper paid extra

jischr
01-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Why don't you have it held at the local FedEx retail shop, e.g., Kinkos. Same with UPS. They tend to stay open fairly late so after work pick-up.

velotrack
01-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Why don't you have it held at the local FedEx retail shop, e.g., Kinkos. Same with UPS. They tend to stay open fairly late so after work pick-up.

This, except it usually takes them a day or two to move it to the Fedex location. So you generally have to be OK with that, but it's nice being able to grab it when you're ready.

Tickdoc
01-09-2016, 08:14 PM
In the future, I'll just have it shipped to work. I think that's what I did last time now that I think of it.

Oh well, I have some hubs that need to be rebuilt...I can do that tomorrow.

Tickdoc
01-11-2016, 09:00 PM
New to me, but not to the forum, the ct-1 has finally landed!

I fell in love with this one, flaking paint and all when I saw it first posted.

When it showed up in the classifieds I didn't hesitate.

Now all I need is some decent weather so I can take it out for a shake-down.

First ti, first colnago....it needs a new saddle, but it should make a nice commuter once the weather turns.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Handgod/BBFE6E7C-9E4B-4FBE-8707-A950CCCA328A_zpsnsod48nw.jpg

brockd15
01-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Nice choice, and worth the wait. That's a beaut.

bobswire
01-12-2016, 08:15 AM
New to me, but not to the forum, the ct-1 has finally landed!

I fell in love with this one, flaking paint and all when I saw it first posted.

When it showed up in the classifieds I didn't hesitate.

Now all I need is some decent weather so I can take it out for a shake-down.

First ti, first colnago....it needs a new saddle, but it should make a nice commuter once the weather turns.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Handgod/BBFE6E7C-9E4B-4FBE-8707-A950CCCA328A_zpsnsod48nw.jpg

Now I understand your angst waiting on delivery. Send it to me, I can give it a shake down since you are unable too (commuter my a**). :)

cinema
01-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Best campy group of all time. What size frame is that?

I always send those kinds of packages to a fed ex or ups store. Sometimes you have to make an account with fedex but it's free. I used to live in a building where stuff went missing or was stolen constantly so this was a great service

Tickdoc
01-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Best campy group of all time. What size frame is that?

I always send those kinds of packages to a fed ex or ups store. Sometimes you have to make an account with fedex but it's free. I used to live in a building where stuff went missing or was stolen constantly so this was a great service

thanks,