PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Cambium screws. Check them

Cicli
01-09-2016, 08:57 AM
So, I found that my Brooks Cambium was missing a couple of the screws that hold the cover off. They just rattled out on the road somewhere. Check them. Maybe a bit of low strength thread locker? I dont know but I do know I need a couple of these screws. Hopefully Brooks will come through. :(

AngryScientist
01-09-2016, 08:59 AM
you mean the big silver things? those are threaded fasteners? or are we talking about some other screws?

http://www.headsetpress.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/brooks-cambium-c15-carved.jpg

merckx
01-09-2016, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I have three C17's and use them regularly. I'm heading to my shop now.....

Cicli
01-09-2016, 09:08 AM
you mean the big silver things? those are threaded fasteners? or are we talking about some other screws?

Yeah, They are threaded fasteners. They have a little Torx screw on the bottom. My C13 I was trying to trade turned up missing two of them. Fell out on the road I guess. The last ride on it I had noticed it was uncomfortable and just written it off. Maybe this was the issue. Anyway, check them

AngryScientist
01-09-2016, 09:20 AM
good tip. off to the garage to check!

benford
01-09-2016, 11:57 AM
I had the same problem! Lost one rivet completely and the rest were loose. Just take them all out and through some lock tight on them. Also, to make it easier on yourself, start and finish with the rivet/screw at the nose of the saddle. I found that out the hard way...

vqdriver
01-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Interesting. So the covers are interchangeable? Replaceable?

benford
01-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Interesting. So the covers are interchangeable? Replaceable?

It's so that you can replace the rails if they get bent.

smontanaro
01-10-2016, 06:28 AM
Considering the cost of the saddle, you'd think Brooks would have built them with thread locker or lock washers. They've had a few public beta test periods for various models. It's hard to believe this issue didn't come up then. Even if it didn't, the Cambium has been out on the market long enough for this to have been discovered and recognized as a potentially serious problem.