PDA

View Full Version : schwalbe one tubulars

AngryScientist
01-08-2016, 10:19 AM
anyone using them? feedback?

need a new set of tires and looking to try something different in the roughly $100/pair category.

EDS
01-08-2016, 10:53 AM
anyone using them? feedback?

need a new set of tires and looking to try something different in the roughly $100/pair category.

I have a set on my race wheels. Sadly, not many miles on them but very happy so far. I am newb with tubulars so not much to compare them to.

TheEnglish
01-08-2016, 11:32 AM
I only had experience with them running tubeless. I have had some bad luck with Schwalbe road tires having chunks torn out of them. I ran the 2 pairs of Ultremo TL and the One TL, all of which didn't get 1000 miles before I had to retire them. That said, Schwalbe has taken care of me so well, I am rocking a pair of Hans Dempfs on my mountain bike right now and I will probably try a set of clinchers on the road bike after my Conti's give up...

AngryScientist
01-08-2016, 12:01 PM
interesting. maybe i should just stick to the vittorias

FlashUNC
01-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Couple buddies have tried them and like them alot. Though the Ones seem a bit more race oriented, so you won't necessarily get the same mileage out of them as compared to some of their other higher mileage tires.

I used a set of their Lugano tubulars and really liked them.

redir
01-08-2016, 12:46 PM
I've gone through two sets of Ultremo's and still have a set mounted to some wheels I use on occasion. I got a good deal on them that's why I bought them. IMHO they are nothing special and I won't buy them again. They don't suck mind you, they are decent enough tires but they just don't have that nice subtle feel of say a Veloflex or something like that.

They basically are the type of tubulars that convince people who don't like tubulars that a really good clincher rides just as good as a tubular. In that case I'd almost say they are right. These feel like really good clinchers with the added benefit of being a tubular.

EDIT: I just realized you were talking about the 'One' tires so, never mind :D