PDA

View Full Version : Doha Worlds Route?

MattTuck
01-05-2016, 07:19 PM
haha, yeah, the 2016 season hasn't even started yet, and I'm already thinking about worlds. This is from an article from March 2015 on cycling news. Does anyone have anything that is more detailed/recent?

the race organising committee confirmed that the road races for the elite athletes would comprise of an 80-kilometre loop in the desert before an unspecified number of circuits in the centre of Doha. The finish circuit will include 1.2 kilometres of cobbles, while the finishing straight will be two kilometres in length.

It sounds terrible. Are those cobbles historic or did they put them in just for the worlds?

merckx
01-05-2016, 07:45 PM
When the Vuelta was moved to the fall, and Worlds was shunted forward, I stepped in a different direction.

oldpotatoe
01-06-2016, 07:00 AM
haha, yeah, the 2016 season hasn't even started yet, and I'm already thinking about worlds. This is from an article from March 2015 on cycling news. Does anyone have anything that is more detailed/recent?

It sounds terrible. Are those cobbles historic or did they put them in just for the worlds?

80 to 100degrees+ in September. A little cooler in October. Wonder if the lack of crowds will hurt future UCI races there, like it did for Colorado Springs.

yummy..$ talks.

ultraman6970
01-06-2016, 09:38 AM
At this point probably the whole are will be fighting to each other by september, wonder if the UCI has a plan B for the worlds. Bad idea IMO.

ANybody going to the worlds? not that they need our money anyways.