PDA

View Full Version : Assos Airjack 851 Zipper Slider

ptourkin
01-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Any Airjack owners, are there any markings on the zipper slider? I broke mine and am trying to figure out the size - I know most American zippers have a marking on the nose. Thank you.

Tickdoc
01-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Any Airjack owners, are there any markings on the zipper slider? I broke mine and am trying to figure out the size - I know most American zippers have a marking on the nose. Thank you.

funny timing on your post. I have no airjack experience, but my Rapha winter shell zipper busted seam right up the middle yesterday just as I was heading out.

It is was always a size too small for me, but now i have physical proof!

Zipper is a ykk, but I have no idea how to unstick it, and don't want to ruin it.

I also have a perfectly good pair of castelli winter booties that have a blown out zipper. They are too far gone to repair I fear.

Damn zippers.

FlashUNC
01-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Fwiw, send Assos an email and they'll repair it for you.

buddybikes
01-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Just give to good local clothing alteration repair and let them fix - done it for many good jackets

Bob Ross
01-03-2016, 02:50 PM
to answer OP's question: No, there are no markings on the zipper slider.

gdw
01-03-2016, 03:01 PM
If no one knows the size you can measure the width of the closed chain to determine the correct replacement slider.

"It is an industry standard to size zipper sliders using the #2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 & 12 system. Each number reflects the zipper size in millimeters (i.e., #5 = 5mm). This also reflects the width of the chain (the distance in width from one side of the closed zipper to the other)."

#5 YKK's seem to be the most common size used on light outerwear but Assos might opt for a smaller size or use another manufacturer's product.

ptourkin
01-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Thanks everyone. It doesn't appear to be a YKK but I grabbed something at the fabric store and got it on with slip ring pliers until I hear from Assos.