PDA

View Full Version : pulling trigger on Ripley,

jimcav
01-02-2016, 03:00 PM
thanks Forumites for the input in my recent FS advice thread (my wife may not thank you at this time, but more fun and safer go hand-in-hand this time).
I pushed my HT to my limits (I blame its limits) this weekend, and decided for my own sake, I am going FS. I still really enjoy the workout of grinding up stuff, so decided on Ripley. Wanted 1x11, but am getting a good deal on a well spec'd 2x10 so can upgrade to 1x down the road. Was temped by a beautiful tallboy (xx1, just a good looking build the guy did) but more travel and a dropper are on the ripley. Also almost went for a killer deal on an intense spider 29 1x11 but reviews of the cane creek cobalts gave me pause. Anyway, there are so many great FS bikes now, it was fun to see them.
hoping for more long rides in 2016!
jim

ofcounsel
01-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Congratulations!!!! You couldn't go wrong with any of your options!!!

:beer:

ofcounsel
01-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Share pics when you get a chance!

jimcav
01-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Share pics when you get a chance!

thanks for all the detail you put in your responses on the FS questions!

jim

ofcounsel
01-02-2016, 03:47 PM
thanks for all the detail you put in your responses on the FS questions!

jim

:beer:

molly47
01-02-2016, 04:20 PM
i own a Ripley love it...you won't be sorry.

jimcav
01-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Climbs better than my HT--less spin out. I need to dial fit. These are definitely short it has a 100 stem and I felt short but I think I need saddle up and back from where he had it, anyway I hit the same trials I did the last 3 days and was clearing more up and of course down. Very nice ride and once I dial in shocks for my weight and play with stem bar position I think it will be really great

Fatty
01-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Climbs better than my HT--less spin out. I need to dial fit. These are definitely short it has a 100 stem and I felt short but I think I need saddle up and back from where he had it, anyway I hit the same trials I did the last 3 days and was clearing more up and of course down. Very nice ride and once I dial in shocks for my weight and play with stem bar position I think it will be really great

In Indiana? Looks sunny and bright.
What trails did you test it on?

kingpin75s
01-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Nice Ripley! Look forward to your long term thoughts on the ride as the new model with the threaded BB is currently the one FS one my radar. Admittedly the short TT of the original geo will help me run dirt drops more easily Enjoy!

jimcav
01-03-2016, 02:34 PM
In Indiana? Looks sunny and bright.
What trails did you test it on?

I'm from there but stationed in sunny 65 degree southern Ca!