PDA

View Full Version : Of Frames and forks...

Jason E
05-31-2006, 10:16 AM
I am currently in the early stages of ordering a bike from Serotta.

I am trying to decide if I want a CDA Road Frame, or a CDA 'Cross Frame.

At first I wanted a 'cross frame, but then I thought about how pretty it would be, and so I thought I should get a road frame and order a cheapo 'cross frame. I'm still on the fence about this.

Anyway, if I get the CDA as a Road bike, I think I want a steel fork.

I really like the look of the IF Steel Forks. I know a lot of you like the more traditionally crowned or raked Steel forks, but, you know, to each his own...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on the board had experience with this fork, and had thoughts about how it rides, etc..... Also, if anyone has anything constructive to say on any of these points, or would like to discuss something relating to bikes :rolleyes: well here we are....

72gmc
05-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Tough choices. I ride a 'cross frame for daily commutes etc. and it's great for multipurpose use but it has to be so far from the road manners Serotta would deliver. It's relaxed. It's casual. It's just steaming ahead and not worrying about the condition of the road in front of you. But it's not going to reward you for aggressive riding anything like Serotta road geometry would.

Have you considered the CDA in rapid tour format?

Jason E
05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Rapid Tour is not for me, but thanks.

I should be clear, I already have a road bike. If I were to get the CDA Road Bike, it is not my sole road bike. It is in addition to what I've got. It is really the question of whether or not I wasnt a super-caliber Cross-rig with gears, or a real nice road bike and a cheap-issimo (can I say that) 'cross frame. I have all the wheels and components to build these up, I just have to decide on direction.

djg
05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
How about the old "flip a coin and ask yourself whether you feel bummed about the answer technique"? If you're upset by the randomly selected result, go the other way. Otherwise, only you can answer which hankering is stronger.

obtuse
05-31-2006, 05:11 PM
cyclo-cross bikes suck.

except for racing cyclo-cross.

get a road bike it's more obtuse.

obtuse

(imho and the jerk both agree imho)

BUTCH RIDES
05-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Hello,
Sir I would think a serotta carbon fork to match the seatstays would be in order. F3 I think they are called . thank you
adios

Jason E
05-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Hello,
Sir I would think a serotta carbon fork to match the seatstays would be in order. F3 I think they are called . thank you
adios

I will not be getting a CDA with the Carbon rear stays, but thanks.

Obtuse, yeah, that's what I was starting to think myself, so I'll probably get a Felt FX-1 on the side to build up and focus on a pimpin' CDA.

Thanks everyone..