PDA

View Full Version : Peter Sagan -- Now staring as Danny in "Grease"

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 03:31 PM
You never know what you're gonna get with Peter, but it's always entertaining!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYUZIW0kEPM#t=121

beeatnik
12-31-2015, 04:00 PM
Sagan makes Travolta look like Nureyev.

Fun stuffs :banana:

dave thompson
12-31-2015, 04:08 PM
White guys can't dance.

BumbleBeeDave
12-31-2015, 04:38 PM
. . . but thank God nothing that bad.

But then again, I wasn't world cycling champion, either! :rolleyes::p

BBD

gemship
12-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Too cute, but...who does this speak too? What is the purpose? I mean really to have Peter Sagan promote anything other than a bike part it's a stretch isn't it? I don't want to hate on Sagan he's a fine dude and a great cyclist but I really don't think he's quite a household name unless your somewhat seriously follow road cycling.

Tony T
12-31-2015, 05:12 PM
Too cute, but...who does this speak too? What is the purpose?

"Alongside his wife Katara Smolková Sagan delivers a full rendition of ‘You’re The One That I Want’, apparently as part of his sponsorship deal with Slovak health food company Sun-Root."
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/videos/news/peter-sagans-grease-tribute-is-the-weirdest-thing-youll-see-in-2016

gemship
12-31-2015, 05:18 PM
"Alongside his wife Katara Smolková Sagan delivers a full rendition of ‘You’re The One That I Want’, apparently as part of his sponsorship deal with Slovak health food company Sun-Root."
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/videos/news/peter-sagans-grease-tribute-is-the-weirdest-thing-youll-see-in-2016

Ohhh, thank you I was wondering what it was about. Well I am American and I imagine he is more widely recognized in Europe, particularly Slovakia.

oldpotatoe
01-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Too cute, but...who does this speak too? What is the purpose? I mean really to have Peter Sagan promote anything other than a bike part it's a stretch isn't it? I don't want to hate on Sagan he's a fine dude and a great cyclist but I really don't think he's quite a household name unless your somewhat seriously follow road cycling.

Rich boy that races bicycles. No different than some of the US ball sports guys doing equally painful to watch video parodies. He has personality, like Cipo, unlike Cav or Kittel or Greipel.

laupsi
01-01-2016, 07:26 AM
Not ready for Prime Time, but...

PS demonstrates an element of playfulness, good taste, innocence, and youthful free spirit that is sorely missing w/in the world of our professional athletes. My hat is off to him and his wife, and to those providing the backup ensemble.

This bit is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise disdainfully complicated, overly competitive and often times degrading world of our sporting elite! It seems PS is "maturing" nicely from his earlier, immature and "womanizing" days. :beer:

FlashUNC
01-01-2016, 07:58 AM
Combine two terrible things to get an even more terrible thing.

laupsi
01-01-2016, 08:09 AM

From the words of the late Rodney Dangerfield, "tough crowd"!

soulspinner
01-01-2016, 08:23 AM

:p

Bstone
01-01-2016, 08:40 AM
You have to appreciate the ironic / terrible badness, therefore unbelievably great quality of this.

He just isn't afraid to screw up.

As The Donald would say, "I'm not sure why, but it's fantastic!".

Avincent52
01-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Horrible? Maybe.
But kind of brilliant, too.
Note that it appears on the "Peter Sagan Official" YouTube channel.
For better or for worse, Sagan's got no more than ten or maybe a dozen years riding a bike at a championship level.
If he can establish himself as a wheelie-popping, Grease-dancing "personality" he'll have a lot more choices when he hangs up his cycling shoes for good. Look at what Bob(ke) Roll has done with far less. (And remember that in Europe Sagan is already about as famous as, say, Mike Trout is in the U.S.)
Peter Sagan: The Donald of Cycling

earlofwarwick
01-01-2016, 10:03 AM
That can't be unseen.

Tony T
01-01-2016, 11:32 AM
That can't be unseen.

Exactly what Sun-Root was hoping for :)

MattTuck
01-01-2016, 11:42 AM

Atleast he didn't grope anyone in the video, I hope. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it seemed tasteful (if artistically dubious) from what I watched, which is a move in the right direction.

FlashUNC
01-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Atleast he didn't grope anyone in the video, I hope. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it seemed tasteful (if artistically dubious) from what I watched, which is a move in the right direction.

Grease should be classified as a war crime.

CampyorBust
01-01-2016, 11:45 AM
That can't be unseen.

Yeah pretty much. :eek:

I loathe Grease and I am keen on Sagan, so I am utterly bewildered.

Oh wait, no, all is forgiven

https://youtu.be/y3nu5PkoyLc
https://youtu.be/DwTy3N5T9uw

CPP
01-01-2016, 11:50 AM
What harm is there in a little fun? The guy is the real thing. If he has the balls to do something like that, more power to him! He reminds me of Tomba. They both do things for their own amusement. Tomba was a natural goof offer, just like Sagan. Sports need guys like that. Just My Opinion

azrider
01-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Here is my take.....

http://www.shaneview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Disgust-face-282x300.jpg

ldamelio
01-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Geez ! Give the guy a break. He's just having a little harmless fun. Nice to see some personality in the peloton. Hasn't been much since Cipo.

PQJ
01-01-2016, 01:12 PM
I think it's hilarious. He is definitely a character who has grown on me and I look forward to his year in rainbow stripes.

Bstone
01-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Grease should be classified as a war crime.

The Hague has designated it a crime against humanity.

weisan
01-01-2016, 04:03 PM
sky's the limit for this kid.

r_mutt
01-01-2016, 07:19 PM
You guys really define crumudgeon!

He's doing sponsorship duty- and it wasn't too bad really. Much better than other $hite I've seen.

oldpotatoe
01-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Sky's the limit for this kid.

Sky is too sophisticated for Sagan..;):D

MaraudingWalrus
01-02-2016, 07:46 PM
while I didn't enjoy watching it, I certainly enjoy very much that it exists.

kobetsang
01-06-2016, 11:00 PM
This guy never disappoints