PDA

View Full Version : new FS mtb want, advice on my top 3 and M vs L

jimcav
12-30-2015, 09:11 PM
Background is that 8 Jan i get my achilles surgery (not a tendon tear but weird haglunds thing). sold a car and still plan to sell my merckx and black sheep so feel okay splurging. anyway, I think winter is cheaper time to buy a bike, and hope to gaze at it and keep my spirits and motivation up for the weeks/months in the boot etc. I am 5'11 76.5 cm road bike saddle ht. currently on a IF 29er HT (love it) but fatigue after 2-2.5 hours and want to go longer
have narrowed it down to 3 based upon reviews and quick bike shop eval max is 3200-3300 and goal is as nice as possible (1x11 xt etc)
1) ibis ripley--top choice due to reported climbing chops which is my fav
likely moving to #4 based upon price and i think i am a Large
2) tallboy carbon definitely a large in this, found one near yuma with very nice specs xx1 build, trying to talk him down to my price point
3) intense spider carbon 29 this i feel can go M or L, but think the L with short stem makes more sense? probably nicest build i've found with carbon wheels think i can get it for 3k
4) pivot mach 429 this is on here because it sounds awesome, but i haven't found one to try, and the nearest one for sale is going to be 2.5-3 hrs from me next week when i am in yuma. price is right (cheapest) it is a 2014 green carbon with good xt build
all of these will be huge downhill improvement over my 90mm front travel, and i do ride some sections where i basically sit on the top tube and VERY slowly navigate, versus when i was on vacation and rented a devinci troy and just bombed through anything

appreciate any advice from those who've done similar, especially anyone riding a 56cm road with similar saddle ht, 7 cm setback and a 110-120 stem...
very tempted by the ripley here on the classifieds but a bit out of budget and I really think the L is probably the right size for me
thanks
Jim

Tony
12-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Not knowing what trials you ride and how you ride makes it difficult to give advise. Definitely would recommend a size large in the Ripley, both geometry versions, and most likely the Intense. If I was choosing for myself the Intense spider would be my first choice with the Ibis Ripley close behind. If you can get the new school long and slack version called the Ripley LS that would be my first choice.
I like Ibis as a company, one of the best ever I've dealt with regarding customer service.

I don't have any experience with the Tailboy or Pivot, only reviews.

weaponsgrade
12-30-2015, 11:51 PM
I test rode a v1 Ripley. Despite the big wheels I thought the handling was fantastic around switchbacks. And of course those big wheels coupled with the suspension just barrel through anything. My last experience with FS is a 2000 Superlight. Mtn bike tech has come a long way since then. I'm looking at getting a nice deal on a v2 LS model right now. I don't have any first hand experience with the other bikes you listed but I highly recommend the Ripley. Ibis customer service is great as well. My brother stripped out the rear hub on his Ripley. Ibis offered him either a free complete replacement wheel or a nice discount on a DT swiss hub.

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 01:08 AM
I've demo'ed all three in early 2015. For me, they came down as follows: (1) Pivot Mach 429, (2) Intense Spider, (3) Ibis Ripley. I went into my thought process with the Ibis as my first choice, based on reviews. Upon riding it, however, I just felt the top tube was a little short for my liking. I didn't feel right (note, the Ripley LS may have cured that, but at the time, only the standard Ripley geo was available). The Intense Spider rocked! It handles itself well in any situation, and felt the most "plush" of the three. But the Pivot blew me away. It climbs better than any of them, and really didn't give up anything to the others on the downhill. It's a bit less plush than the Spider, but it bombs just as fast. It feels like it has more suspension than it does. for me it was a really tough call between the Spider and the Pivot, but I chose the Pivot, primarily because it felt like the most efficient climber of all the bikes I rode. And that was most important to me.

I bought the Pivot (XX1 build with carbon wheels). Here's mine: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s81/ofcounsel/FullSizeRender8_zps48suecro.jpg

My riding·buddy who I test rode the same bikes with was also pre-disposed to like the Ripley. After test riding them, he chose and bought the Intense Spider (XO1 build). He thought the Spider was the most capable of the 3 in descending. And he was willing to give up a little climbing efficiency for the sweet descending capabilities of the Spider.

He also thought the standard Ripley's top tube felt a little short. Again, the Ripley LS may have cured that. And you can't go wrong with the DW link for efficient climbing.

BTW, I'm primarily an MTB guy. My other current rides are: (1) Stumpjumper FSR EVO Carbon Expert 29 and (2) Niner Air 9 RDO.

Also, I'm 5'10". In road bikes, I ride a 54cm with a 110 stem. On each of your choices, my size recommendation is: If you decide on the Ibis, definitely go large. Don't bother with a medium. If you go Intense, you can get away with a medium, but consider the Large. It will likely be a better fit, but go with a 60mm stem. If you go the Pivot route, go with the Medium with an 80mm stem.

Here's a pic of my buddy with his Intense Spider 29, me with my Stumpjumper Evo 29 and my other buddy, he rides a Niner Jet 9.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s81/ofcounsel/top%20of%20luge_zpsrcl65l7r.jpg

Pelican
12-31-2015, 01:32 AM
Can't give much advice, but now you guys got me itching to ride dirt again. My last new MTB is a Maverick from 2001? I guess bikes have gotten better since then.

I'm looking at an Ibis HD3, having test ridden the HDR last year and being a huge Ibis fanboy. I don't even know what other brands to compare it to, but the new Stumpjumper is nice, and the Camber looks pretty much the same to me. I heard Yeti is making super nice bikes (still!) and Santa Cruz are pretty popular around here. Might find more of those on the used market in CA.

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 01:37 AM
Can't give much advice, but now you guys got me itching to ride dirt again. My last new MTB is a Maverick from 2001? I guess bikes have gotten better since then.

I'm looking at an Ibis HD3, having test ridden the HDR last year and being a huge Ibis fanboy. I don't even know what other brands to compare it to, but the new Stumpjumper is nice, and the Camber looks pretty much the same to me. I heard Yeti is making super nice bikes (still!) and Santa Cruz are pretty popular around here. Might find more of those on the used market in CA.

Owning a Stumpjumper (and before that, a Camber), you'll like the Ibis more :) DW Link is better than FSR, IMHO.

I think you compare the Ibis Mojo HD3 to the Pivot Mach 6c, the Intense Tracer 275c, Yeti SB6c, and the Santa Cruz Bronson C.

jmal
12-31-2015, 05:47 AM
Regarding size, I can't imagine a medium fitting well at all assuming your torso/arms are proportionate to your legs. Some people expect a MTB to fit like a BMX bike and size smaller than they should. This causes problems both climbing and descending tech sections. FWIW, I ride a large in most of my MTBs and my saddle height is about an inch lower than yours. I ride a 56cm road bike, which is a little bit of a compromise as I usually have a little shorter stem than is internet approved. My current MTB is a medium, but the TT is 24.4" which corresponds to a large in the bikes you are considering. The Pivot runs a little longer than the others, but with a 80mm stem, the large would still likely fit very well. The medium Pivot would be too short for me with a 80mm stem. If you go with the Ibis, you would probably want the LS as the standard large is very short in the TT, as mentioned in a previous post.

Other than size, I would suggest riding some bikes. I think MTB more than road requires test rides. There are more variables that affect the feel of the bike than on a road bike, so it's harder to look at them on paper and know how they will ride.

oldpotatoe
12-31-2015, 06:37 AM
1) ibis ripley--top choice due to reported climbing chops which is my fav
likely moving to #4 based upon price and i think i am a Large
2) tallboy carbon definitely a large in this, found one near yuma with very nice specs xx1 build, trying to talk him down to my price point
3) intense spider carbon 29 this i feel can go M or L, but think the L with short stem makes more sense? probably nicest build i've found with carbon wheels think i can get it for 3k
4) pivot mach 429 this is on here because it sounds awesome, but i haven't found one to try, and the nearest one for sale is going to be 2.5-3 hrs from me next week when i am in yuma.
Jim

Can't even spell MTB but these names(along with MTB tires) crack me up.

Black Panther, Honey Badger, Cougar

Bullet Storm, Knobby Nic...:D

Lionel
12-31-2015, 07:22 AM
Not to complicate things but you should give this one a try if you can:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5829/23954270782_3b83eac792_h.jpg

Never thought I'd buy a Trek one day but I did.

livingminimal
12-31-2015, 07:32 AM
Here's a pic of my buddy with his Intense Spider 29, me with my Stumpjumper Evo 29 and my other buddy, he rides a Niner Jet 9.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s81/ofcounsel/top%20of%20luge_zpsrcl65l7r.jpg

OT: Oaks! I live down the street. Well, Old Towne Orange. I really should ride Oaks more. In fact, I should MTB more in general.

p nut
12-31-2015, 07:54 AM
Definitely. Heck out some of the 27.5 bikes as well. Santa Cruz 5010 is a pretty sweet bike. Or test out some 27.5+ bikes that can take mid-fat tires as well as 29" tires. (I.e. Stumpjumper 6fattie) Lots of fun.

old fat man
12-31-2015, 08:29 AM
Definitely. Heck out some of the 27.5 bikes as well. Santa Cruz 5010 is a pretty sweet bike. Or test out some 27.5+ bikes that can take mid-fat tires as well as 29" tires. (I.e. Stumpjumper 6fattie) Lots of fun.

I strongly disliked the climbing characteristics of the 5010. Would be fun if I was going down 80% of the time, but it felt like a pig going uphill. My reference/comparison is an Ibis Mojo SL converted to 27.5 and a 29er single speed.

On my short list are the Pivot and the Ibis Ripley. Also, strongly considering a 29+ like the new Trek Stache due to lower cost and simplicity of a hardtail.

Kirk Pacenti
12-31-2015, 08:38 AM
All good bikes, you can't really go wrong with any of those choices.

If you are between sizes, get the longer bike.

Cheers,
KP

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 08:48 AM
Not to complicate things but you should give this one a try if you can:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5829/23954270782_3b83eac792_h.jpg

Never thought I'd buy a Trek one day but I did.

Very, very true! The Trek Fuel EX is an amazing bike!! The Remedy is really nice too!

Nice wheels BTW :beer:

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 08:51 AM
OT: Oaks! I live down the street. Well, Old Towne Orange. I really should ride Oaks more. In fact, I should MTB more in general.

This one is actually the flag at the top of the Luge! And yes, you have an embarrassment of mtb riches right outside your door with Oaks, Backstar, Harding, Luge, Whiting Ranch and a bunch of other stuff!!!! If you ever want to get out, hit me up!! Note: as shown the photo...I'm a chunky guy, so I always climb slow... but I always make it to the top.

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 08:53 AM
All good bikes, you can't really go wrong with any of those choices.

If you are between sizes, get the longer bike.

Cheers,
KP

Agreed! BTW, ingenious design w/ the PDent!

NHAero
12-31-2015, 08:56 AM
I upgraded from a '99 Litespeed with the YBB and got great guidance from Ofcounsel. I was looking for a Ripley but ended up with a '13 Mach429C and it's terrific. Pivot's sizing is way different from most, so I'd be on a medium with the Ripley but have a small Mach429, very similar sizing to the medium Ripley. I'm 5'9".

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 09:00 AM
Can't even spell MTB but these names(along with MTB tires) crack me up.
Knobby Nic...:D

Nobby Nic :beer:

jimcav
12-31-2015, 09:16 AM
should maybe go back and try a XL ripley with 50 or 50 stem????

I am definitely going used to max my bike for the dollar value, and haven't seen a used ripley sl (in fact VERY few at all). i wear a 16x34 shirt so i think my arms and legs are long for height.
but there is a large over on mtbr but the guy has no feedback so am a bit leery
thanks
jim

Regarding size, I can't imagine a medium fitting well at all assuming your torso/arms are proportionate to your legs. Some people expect a MTB to fit like a BMX bike and size smaller than they should. This causes problems both climbing and descending tech sections. FWIW, I ride a large in most of my MTBs and my saddle height is about an inch lower than yours. I ride a 56cm road bike, which is a little bit of a compromise as I usually have a little shorter stem than is internet approved. My current MTB is a medium, but the TT is 24.4" which corresponds to a large in the bikes you are considering. The Pivot runs a little longer than the others, but with a 80mm stem, the large would still likely fit very well. The medium Pivot would be too short for me with a 80mm stem. If you go with the Ibis, you would probably want the LS as the standard large is very short in the TT, as mentioned in a previous post.

Other than size, I would suggest riding some bikes. I think MTB more than road requires test rides. There are more variables that affect the feel of the bike than on a road bike, so it's harder to look at them on paper and know how they will ride.

jimcav
12-31-2015, 09:19 AM
Very, very true! The Trek Fuel EX is an amazing bike!! The Remedy is really nice too!

Nice wheels BTW :beer:

no huge brands like spec, trek, giant.
the various stories I've heard over the years of their retail tactics just turned me off

jmal
12-31-2015, 09:39 AM
You might want to try to find dealers with demo fleets that they are liquidating. They may be gone at this point but it is worth a shot. I wear a 17x34 dress shirt, so given your dimensions you are likely too big for a medium. Like Kirk Pacenti said above, if you are between sizes, go longer. I'm not sure I would do an XL with a 50mm stem though. That's pushing it for me. I think for a general purpose xc/trail bike 80mm is the sweet spot. Perhaps 70mm. The kids are getting wild though...

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 09:42 AM
the various stories I've heard over the years of their retail tactics just turned me off

I get that. BTW, I read you were heading to Yuma.... if you are from AZ, Pivot is based out of Tempe, I believe. I'm sure you can call them to arrange a demo ride. Or you can go to one of the demo days they have in conjunction with local bike shops. Looks like Pivot is doing a lot in AZ over the next month.

http://www.pivotcycles.com/demo-schedule/

Also, if you can hold off till the first weekend of March, the Sedona MTB Festival will be happening. Santa Cruz, Intense, Niner and several other manufacturers will be demo'ing bikes. I'll be going just to see what's new and to ride the trails. I love Sedona.

http://sedonamtbfestival.com

Unsolicited advice: You can't go wrong with any of the bikes you're looking at. But they all feel different. The variation in feel amongst the various brands/models of full suspension bikes in particular is much greater than in road discipline. You'll be best served by trying them all out. All on the same day or within a close time span if you can.

And play around with stem sizes!!! Some manufacturers are still spec'ing their bikes with the stems a little too long. For example, my Pivot was spec'ed with a 100mm stem!!! 70mm was much better for me. You're slightly taller than me, which is why my thought is a Medium Pivot w/80mm for you.

Same deal with my buddy's Intense. I'm sure that's gonna be changing in the coming year or two.

livingminimal
12-31-2015, 09:43 AM
This one is actually the flag at the top of the Luge! And yes, you have an embarrassment of mtb riches right outside your door with Oaks, Backstar, Harding, Luge, Whiting Ranch and a bunch of other stuff!!!! If you ever want to get out, hit me up!! Note: as shown the photo...I'm a chunky guy, so I always climb slow... but I always make it to the top.

For sure man, Im actually bigger than you and climb slower than you, but I always make it to the top.

livingminimal
12-31-2015, 09:45 AM

Oddly, my favorite thing to ride is in your city (and my hometown), Brea. I love riding Chino, Northridge out and back down the fireroad or whatever it is.

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Oddly, my favorite thing to ride is in your city (and my hometown), Brea. I love riding Chino, Northridge out and back down the fireroad or whatever it is.

Telegraph!!! Yeah, that's one of my go-to rides too!!! I love our area!

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 09:52 AM
You might want to try to find dealers with demo fleets that they are liquidating. They may be gone at this point but it is worth a shot. I wear a 17x34 dress shirt, so given your dimensions you are likely too big for a medium. Like Kirk Pacenti said above, if you are between sizes, go longer. I'm not sure I would do an XL with a 50mm stem though. That's pushing it for me. I think for a general purpose xc/trail bike 80mm is the sweet spot. Perhaps 70mm. The kids are getting wild though...

Yeah, I agree with that too. I run 70mm on the Pivot (with 740mm bars). I run a 50mm stem on my Stumpy and 760mm bars. But it's a bit longer legged at 140mm, and a bit slacker geometry too. I'm thinking of trying a 40mm on the Stumpy to see what that does to it.

Lionel
12-31-2015, 09:53 AM

Not sure what retail tactics you are talking about but I get the turn off of the big brands. I used to think that way. When it comes to FS MTB though I think they actually have an edge. The rear suspension on this thing is quite impressive.

Tony
12-31-2015, 09:55 AM
Nobby Nic :beer:

I like the weight and performance of the Nobby Nic's, however they tear and puncture easy in rocky terrain. Went through three tires last summer.

livingminimal
12-31-2015, 09:58 AM
Not sure what retail tactics you are talking about but I get the turn off of the big brands. I used to think that way. When it comes to FS MTB though I think they actually have an edge. The rear suspension on this thing is quite impressive.

Probably the massive commitments they force stores into and personal credit lines necessary to make those purchases. I get that its business but its essentially bully tactics often times to bring those brands to market.

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 10:05 AM

Agreed. The new DRCV RE:Aktiv shock is great stuff. I'd put this bike up there with others. I owned one for a short time, and it was amazing.

If you end up looking used Treks, one thing to keep in mind is that they sometimes use "actual" and "virtual" frame sizes in their marketing. For example their "virtual" 17.5 is an "actual" 16.5. I bought one used Fuel Ex frame off of Pinkbike thinking I was getting a 17.5, when it turned out to be a 16.5. That's the reason why I only owned it a short time --- It was just a little too small. She was a sweet ride while I had her though.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s81/ofcounsel/trek_zpsa2iqfrey.jpg

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 10:07 AM
I like the weight and performance of the Nobby Nic's, however they tear and puncture easy in rocky terrain. Went through three tires last summer.

I'm a big fan of the Nobby Nic's. I've had very good luck myself but have heard others with problems like you describe. I'll keep hoping for the best.

jimcav
12-31-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm a big fan of the Nobby Nic's. I've had very good luck myself but have heard others with problems like you describe. I'll keep hoping for the best.

They are on my HT and I've put about 20 hrs on the Yuma trails which have tons of rocks. So far so, been please. Front sucks on loose sandy stuff though. Anyway looks like Yuma gets rain next week so really hoping I can still ride each day

jimcav
12-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Just done bike shop lot tests. Threw my leg over a pivot at Newbury park cycles on my way to naval base ventura. That is why I think L is the right size. I am not a former BMXer so my skills will never test the bike. I always adapt and enjoy the mtb I've had ( rigid khs 1993), too small bianchi martini HT, medium giant nrs, large spec epic 2006, large scalpel, and my current IF HT ( which I got here and not sure on size but ETT is 23.5 I think). The one thing I love is climbing and I like my fitness to be the problem not the bike
Anyway appreciate your input on the bikes
I had a great deal on a used Mach 429 in Scottsdale but it sold before this week when I'd be out there ( still that was like 6 hr end trip from Yuma)

I get that. BTW, I read you were heading to Yuma.... if you are from AZ, Pivot is based out of Tempe, I believe. I'm sure you can call them to arrange a demo ride. Or you can go to one of the demo days they have in conjunction with local bike shops. Looks like Pivot is doing a lot in AZ over the next month.

http://www.pivotcycles.com/demo-schedule/

Also, if you can hold off till the first weekend of March, the Sedona MTB Festival will be happening. Santa Cruz, Intense, Niner and several other manufacturers will be demo'ing bikes. I'll be going just to see what's new and to ride the trails. I love Sedona.

http://sedonamtbfestival.com

Unsolicited advice: You can't go wrong with any of the bikes you're looking at. But they all feel different. The variation in feel amongst the various brands/models of full suspension bikes in particular is much greater than in road discipline. You'll be best served by trying them all out. All on the same day or within a close time span if you can.

And play around with stem sizes!!! Some manufacturers are still spec'ing their bikes with the stems a little too long. For example, my Pivot was spec'ed with a 100mm stem!!! 70mm was much better for me. You're slightly taller than me, which is why my thought is a Medium Pivot w/80mm for you.

Same deal with my buddy's Intense. I'm sure that's gonna be changing in the coming year or two.

kingpin75s
12-31-2015, 11:39 AM
If I were to buy a FS 29er today, it would be the new year model Ibis Ripley (original geo - not LS) with the English threaded BB. I like the short TT as I ride dirt drops and have not taken to the super wide bars and short stems that are now the norm.

That said, I have friends who ride Pivots and love them. A brand worth testing for sure.

Good luck with search! Make sure you are ok with the cable routing and BB on the Ripley if you go used.

PeregrineA1
12-31-2015, 11:40 AM
Another vote for Trek EX (9 in this case) and another photo taken at the top of the luge....
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gp3fCB1LGtzpX9a8-BQnayGuNTHLGdOPQzc6FVkBgQrSKRzo-ZormzO2msLPhvdyXzLv0igC3U-1U-MkzXf9NLukCp62iMLGYo6RVb7wkjaq--LljEcS4pihfT4EADlgBQM_w4kxN0aMtSjMIx7iX3FLkL4eoOiW 6Qx2bQz0bfwQ15PAAjpKldw69gqD0KohblmU_gxlVOgPAblqu9 i7bDRAn8BvTx-KgZR6oaW_Nzcuz4R12s4E_wg1MNPpKz1b5_yIP5WUdIZchxcMg hqmsTuUXwcdTghhVQM7sNINPyQ5Ie52CQ2bUzVkbSlWJrfc2F2 Kl2ewVy2sUGK7YA4ujTC2x616NT7EYrLg5CKc3bp_d_yGm1qzt TR25salxO_RlUO1KvFP2SVfC-1MUACA9d7MPIcJJj7pUf1zBew9s0RlaQlDoBXSeYaObQSCLGrX HpQDv4CiL2JuPdgiQM49qJX4im8-7cnGNQkWxUhVfw0tlTy8tdCUWliuQqleY51hKCRQRGpY3927j5 KsCSjHSGwFBecd-0vpqOKfUWISUnlE--cggUaGL6uwgbUj5VHfI1En=w1233-h924-no

I rode the Remedy 9.8, Top Fuel, Specialized Epic, Pivot, Ibis, and Tall Boy, in addition to this bike. I am super happy with it for the riding that I do.

I can climb OK for a fat guy, go downhill with some vigor, do most of the technical stuff, etc. Longer rides are better. I do back off more than I used to as healing take longer at 55.

BTW, my 2011 EX8 is for sale. Size large....

lzuk
12-31-2015, 03:11 PM
The Pivot is hard to beat. You may have to search for a used bike but it should fall into your price line. Check the mtb bike forums and Pink Bike. Check the Pivot site-they may have demo bikes for sale. My mach 429 will likely hurt or kill me!

jimcav
12-31-2015, 07:09 PM
Tried some stuff on my hardtail. Had a good run for about an hour and then bit it

jimcav
12-31-2015, 07:12 PM
Tried some stuff on my hardtail. Had a good run for about an hour and then bit it

ofcounsel
12-31-2015, 07:21 PM
Yikes!!! That looks painful. Hope you're otherwise ok.

jimcav
01-01-2016, 12:10 AM
Yikes!!! That looks painful. Hope you're otherwise ok.

Yeah as it dries and tightens it really does hurt a bit and I have a nice goose egg on my left shin that hurts more. Caught left pedal on a boulder as I over-slowed at a unexpected cliff-like hill. Bike got sideways and I went down the side in spectacular and awkward fashion

Plan to go back tomorrow as that was my 1st ride on that trail so now I have a better idea of the flow

2016!

oldpotatoe
01-01-2016, 06:39 AM
Yeah as it dries and tightens it really does hurt a bit and I have a nice goose egg on my left shin that hurts more. Caught left pedal on a boulder as I over-slowed at a unexpected cliff-like hill. Bike got sideways and I went down the side in spectacular and awkward fashion

Plan to go back tomorrow as that was my 1st ride on that trail so now I have a better idea of the flow

2016!

Mention that stuff as you do your exit exams with the VA hospital.

I did, some 'on duty' but not working injuries and got 'disability'..rated at 0% 'disabled'...(?), whatever that means.

jimcav
01-01-2016, 06:54 AM
Mention that stuff as you do your exit exams with the VA hospital.

I did, some 'on duty' but not working injuries and got 'disability'..rated at 0% 'disabled'...(?), whatever that means.

yeah i plan to copy my record next week and make my appt! the one to have is sleep apnea--50%!
thanks

oldpotatoe
01-01-2016, 07:02 AM
yeah i plan to copy my record next week and make my appt! the one to have is sleep apnea--50%!
thanks

Sleeping for me was never an issue. Could even sleep during flight ops in spite of being right below the flight deck. Now, if it's too quiet, I can't sleep.