PDA

View Full Version : Wide causal/commuter shoes?

jischr
12-29-2015, 06:58 PM
I thinking of getting some casual/commuter cycling shoes. I love the fit of my SIDI Mega's. I've been wearing my everyday Keen's but they flex a bit more than I care for. Who makes a stiff soled casual/commuter shoe with a large toe box?

Thanks

brenick
12-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Giro makes some High Volume shoes you might look at.

Also see this thread
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=164032

bgoldenberg
12-30-2015, 02:37 AM
I'm not sure if you're looking for something that will pass as a street shoes or not, but one data point:

I have wide toes, and need a wide toe box to fit properly. I've had a couple pairs of Keens of various styles that I've liked. I'm currently riding Giro Privateer HVs, and they're still a bit too narrow.

The shoe bulges a little bit, and the shoe feels pretty good for a while, but I'll get a bit of a hot spot underneath my little toes after a couple hours. It's manageable (which is why I haven't replaced them yet), but not great.

Size 11.5/12 FWIW.

MoonJW
12-30-2015, 08:57 AM
You didn't mention if you need to clip in or not, but I commute on a flat platform pedal in my regular office-casual Eccos, which, like Clarks, run naturally wide. They're made of some sort of leather composite and have a firm sole. Not waterproof but fairly water resistant. They are stiffer than my sneakers or Merrells.

I thinking of getting some casual/commuter cycling shoes. I love the fit of my SIDI Mega's. I've been wearing my everyday Keen's but they flex a bit more than I care for. Who makes a stiff soled casual/commuter shoe with a large toe box?

Thanks

TimD
12-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Shimano and Merrell, respectively.

zzy
12-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Chrome! I wear Sidi megas are Chromes are quite wide and run large. Definitely wide enough for my 14EE feet (in a size 13 no less).

Veloo
12-30-2015, 01:24 PM
If you are talking street style, I wear wide and the Giro Grynd worked for me.