PDA

View Full Version : downtube shifters for Campy 10spd???

learlove
05-30-2006, 05:23 PM
I see that you can get downtube shifters for Shimano 10sp but don't see any for Campy.

Anyone know if there is a solution to this? Or does campy make 10sp downtube shifters and i'm not looking in the right place.

I may just go campy (chorus) on my MX leader but want downtube shifters and 10 sp with a compact. i'm thinking if they don't make them just getting a set of campy downtube shifters off ebay and running it in friction. Anyone have exp. setting something like this up?

Thanks

Gothard
05-30-2006, 06:05 PM
There is a solution: get a set of 8sp DT shifters, late type (with 3 springs) and then get the index "thingie" (it has a name, I just can't remember it) from the 10sp bar-end shifters. I did that upon advice from a forum member here, works perfectly. about 12$.

Dave
05-30-2006, 06:08 PM
I've read that you might be able to take the rachet from a bar end and put it in a downtube shifter. They don't make downtube shifters for a good reason - nobody wants them.

Another option is to use a Shimano 10 DT shifter and J-tek shiftmate to increase the cable pull.

Personally, you couldn't pay me enough to use DT shifters. Ergo has to be the best thing ever invented.

dbrk
05-30-2006, 08:35 PM
The manuals don't tell you this but 9 speed Campagnolo dt shifters will shift 10. 'Tis true. No loss of performance. Honest. Now good luck finding some nines...

dbrk

Fixed
05-30-2006, 08:44 PM
bro I like d.t. shifting .. it's like chewing gum and walking at the same time .
cheers

Grant McLean
05-30-2006, 08:53 PM
How about some simplex retrofriction shifters,
do they pull enough cable for 10?

g

sn69
05-30-2006, 10:50 PM
if I'm not mistaken. I'm too lazy to go out to the garage to check a set that I'm hording for god-only-knows-what.

They can be found NOS; it just takes patience. FWIW, I got mine from GVH's old parts section.

zank
05-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Here is a kit that will convert 10-speed bar ends to 10 speed DT shifters.

Branford Bike - Campagnolo shift levers (http://www.branfordbike.com/cgi-bin/perlshop/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=push&thispage=brake/brk03.html&ORDER_ID=182861614)

Scroll down to the Le Tour conversion kit.