PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any PTs who can helps with a EMS device for atrophy?

sworcester
12-27-2015, 08:09 PM
Late September I got Nuero invasive West Nile virus, with every complication imaginable. 49 days in the hospital and lower body paralysis. Going through therapy using a gate trainer to try to stimulate muscle movement and nerves. One leg is back, severely weekend. Other leg still mostly dead. Thigh and glut atrophied.

Looking for an EMS device I can use at home to augment 3x weekly outpatient therapy.
Understand that Russian sim is needed, but don't kno a whole lot more about power levels, channels, etc and am looking for advice.

Hopefully I will eventually be strong enough to stand, walk, then cycle again (on my own).

rwsaunders
12-27-2015, 08:15 PM
I can't help in terms of your request but I'll certainly throw some good karma your way...best of luck to you in your recovery.

sworcester
12-27-2015, 08:26 PM
I can't help in terms of your request but I'll certainly throw some good karma your way...best of luck to you in your recovery.

Thanks, could use all that I can get

Tickdoc
12-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Late September I got Nuero invasive West Nile virus, with every complication imaginable. 49 days in the hospital and lower body paralysis. Going through therapy using a gate trainer to try to stimulate muscle movement and nerves. One leg is back, severely weekend. Other leg still mostly dead. Thigh and glut atrophied.

Looking for an EMS device I can use at home to augment 3x weekly outpatient therapy.
Understand that Russian sim is needed, but don't kno a whole lot more about power levels, channels, etc and am looking for advice.

Hopefully I will eventually be strong enough to stand, walk, then cycle again (on my own).

Wow I didn't even know it could do that. No help here I'm afraid, but surely someone here will point you in a direction. Hang in there and best of luck.

jmeloy
12-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Sworcester, thinking of you man. I've got a different atrophy issue and the gang on PL has been a huge help.

sworcester
12-27-2015, 09:07 PM
Wow I didn't even know it could do that. No help here I'm afraid, but surely someone here will point you in a direction. Hang in there and best of luck.

The severity is rare, less that 1 of 150 cases.mine included encephalitis, meningitis and paralysis. I have already beaten some odds as I didn't have respitory failure or didn't die from it.

firerescuefin
12-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Been very happy with my Compex sport trainer. I'd be happy to let you borrow it if you wanted to give it a try. PM me if you're interested.

gasman
12-28-2015, 07:18 AM
Best of luck, pretty unbelievable and good to hear you are slowly recovering .

I'm sorry I don't have direct knowledge but I'll see if I can find out some information.