PDA

View Full Version : Microshift 10 speed Centos/Arsis

ghammer
12-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Anyone out there know anything about these groups? Specifically, the newer versions w cables running under the bar tape. I know/saw them on Jelly Belly's riders' bikes, and the stuff looks darned refined and good looking. I mean, they wouldn't be running the group if it were expendable garbage. And it's not like they're cheapo; the pricepoint sits on the rival/force realm (or 105/ultegra in shimano parlance). I ask cause I have a problematic right sram red lever/shifter and am most disinclined to shell out 2-3$ for new levers. Microshift makes sense, looks really good, and the $ is right. Still, they're not cheap. So if anyone out knows more about, pls share. You'd be doing a world of good.

Merry Xmas,

G

dave thompson
12-25-2015, 09:46 PM
IIRC, MicroShift is Shimano compatible, not SRAM.

The MSRP may be at a 105/ Ultegra pricepoint but they certainly can be had for far less on the interwebs.

oldpotatoe
12-26-2015, 05:31 AM
Anyone out there know anything about these groups? Specifically, the newer versions w cables running under the bar tape. I know/saw them on Jelly Belly's riders' bikes, and the stuff looks darned refined and good looking. I mean, they wouldn't be running the group if it were expendable garbage. And it's not like they're cheapo; the pricepoint sits on the rival/force realm (or 105/ultegra in shimano parlance). I ask cause I have a problematic right sram red lever/shifter and am most disinclined to shell out 2-3$ for new levers. Microshift makes sense, looks really good, and the $ is right. Still, they're not cheap. So if anyone out knows more about, pls share. You'd be doing a world of good.

Merry Xmas,

G

Warranty, then replace. Get Ultegra and be done with it..IMHO.

Gummee
12-26-2015, 07:29 AM
Performance and Nashbar's (same company BTW) house branded stuff is Microshift. At least on their versions, the buttons are more like Di2 than Shimano mech. shifters. Takes a bit of getting used to, but the stuff I had on my bike was pretty good.

If I'd had Di2 on my other bikes, it'd probably still be on that bike.

I have Microshift thumb shifters on my Ritchey. Nicely built as well. (and soon to be for sale too!)

HTH

M

CNY rider
12-26-2015, 08:17 AM
I think Nick (Angry Scientist) had these on one of his bikes. I bet he will chime in.

R3awak3n
12-26-2015, 09:01 AM
not sure about these but I do have microshift on my retroshift shifters and they have worked wonderfully for a few years.

At the end of the day, I would probably go 105 over them if at similar price.