PDA

View Full Version : Ritte Bosberg max tire clearance?

pgrizzwald
12-23-2015, 04:00 PM
To any other Ritte Bosberg owners out there, what is the max sized tire you've been able to fit without any rubbing issues? I've got the 2nd version of the Bosberg (see below - though not my actual ride). I've always run 23s and am using 23mm wide rims as well. I've heard 25s are a no no with this frame? Is that your experience? Any feedback is appreciated!

http://www.pedalroom.com/p/ritte-bosberg-1299_2.jpg

chiasticon
12-23-2015, 05:00 PM
don't have the bosberg but I have a vlaanderen. when I was discussing the sale with ritte, dude there told me he had one of the original bosbergs, exactly like yours, available; last NOS one, in fact. said "it's a great way to save some money, but be warned it can only run 23's." so I passed (plus I really wanted a vlaanderen). in all reality, I only use the vlaanderen as my summer bike so it only sees 23's anyway. but having options is nice...

I'll also say that at one point I remember ritte's copy on their website for the bosberg saying some 25's would fit. it may be tire and rim combo dependent. so it's worth a shot at least. borrow a friends 25's and see...?

oldpotatoe
12-23-2015, 05:48 PM
don't have the bosberg but I have a vlaanderen. when I was discussing the sale with ritte, dude there told me he had one of the original bosbergs, exactly like yours, available; last NOS one, in fact. said "it's a great way to save some money, but be warned it can only run 23's." so I passed (plus I really wanted a vlaanderen). in all reality, I only use the vlaanderen as my summer bike so it only sees 23's anyway. but having options is nice...

I'll also say that at one point I remember ritte's copy on their website for the bosberg saying some 25's would fit. it may be tire and rim combo dependent. so it's worth a shot at least. borrow a friends 25's and see...?

In my shop I did this all the time. Take a tire outta box, mount it and see if it fits. If it does->buy. But if the shop is gonna do this for you, don't be 'that guy' and go be a MO cowboy. Otherwise borrow some 25s to see.

gospastic
12-23-2015, 09:29 PM
That is my bike in the picture. The biggest tire I can run is 23mm Conti 4000s which measure like 24.75mm or something on wide rims. Never tried 25s but I don't think they would fit. 25mm Veloflex Corsas fit fine but they are not as tall as the 23mm Contis.

JMacII
12-24-2015, 06:47 AM
Never even heard of Ritte. Looks nice. How's it ride? Too bad about the tire clearance, must be pretty tight.