PDA

View Full Version : so i wanted to learn how to fix bikes

shoe
05-30-2006, 10:00 AM
what i realized late last night is ---when you are teaching yourself how to work on bikes - after a long day of- a quickie morning ride -all day in the sun at the bike race - and a couple of beers - and some sunburn (maybe i should have reapplied after the ride)...to just put down the tools.
i decided to find cool old bikes and bring them back to life to learn mechanics and along the way build up some cool old rides for my friends and myself. so i had this motobecane headset that needed regreasing ,, well once apart i forgot which way the held in place bearings went in..so in they go -feels weird so i am thinking i switched it the wrong way...just happen to have this old peugeot broken down(hey they are both french) so i decide to crack open that headset just to check. alright it looks right how i did it on the top one...start to pull the fork to check the bottom and it is all dry loose bearings ---after the flurry of bearings all over my cluttered garage i soon realize that maybe i should have just watched a litlle tv and went to bed.. so i went to bed . at this point you may be wondering why am i even writing this....well it is now morning and i think i might be procrastinating a bit as to where i left off last night....dave

glc
05-30-2006, 10:19 AM
no mechanics after a day at the races in the sun. thats what i say.