PDA

View Full Version : To anyone using a 11x1...

purpurite
12-23-2015, 08:57 AM
What exactly are you doing with your extra downtube cable guide mount?

On my frame, they are exposed posts and unfinished raw metal. One will be used for the RD, but with no FD, the extra post isn't needed. Are you just mounting the spare cable stop and leaving it open? Nothing at all? Does anyone make a simple cap/cover for the exposed single chainring guys?

I realized looking at the bike last night that it will look unfinished or like it's missing parts. Not sure what my solution will be for it yet...

doug

bicycletricycle
12-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Problem solvers makes a cover I think

purpurite
12-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Problem solvers makes a cover I think

YES! You win today.

These (http://problemsolversbike.com/products/shifter_boss_covers) are cool.

:hello:

eBAUMANN
12-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Being that most 1x bikes are of the mtb/cx persuasion, most have the cables run along the top tube, which means this isnt usually an issue.

Those PS covers are definitely your solution though, good call b-trike :beer:

p nut
12-23-2015, 10:27 AM
I use those PS caps, too. They even had the forethought of inscribing my initials "PS" on there as well!

vqdriver
12-23-2015, 11:55 AM
i have a bike like this. i use shimano cable stops there anyway so i just put them both on but only use one. keeps me from losing the other one anyway.

these
https://images.jet.com/md5/21608818d7de3ac21aa346a17fa2b3db.1500

jimcav
12-23-2015, 12:18 PM
I recently rented a bike in moab and it was killer on trials, but raising up true "roadie" position to hammer the 8 miles back on the road back into town was a big benefit

if you are talking a road bike, no idea

purpurite
12-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Found them online for $20 a pair. Fiddly bits always nickel and dime my projects, and that's expected. I don't need a pair, though. If anyone wants one of the two that I buy and split the cost, I can send one out in a little bubble mailer first class.

Ping me here or on PM if you are interested in one of the two post covers for ~$10.

doug

Cameron
12-23-2015, 02:19 PM
I was searching for a solution for this a while ago too and came across the Problem Solvers ones. I passed on those though... couldn't get over the logo. It's a cover, it doesn't need a gaudy logo.

I would love this exact thing, but with no logo and preferably in black. No such thing exists in the market though from what I could find. I opted for just running the other cable stop so both sides would match.

How I would love to have a right side black cable stop and matching left side black "blank" one.

brockd15
12-23-2015, 02:19 PM
What, don't wanna go for the kool kustom look?

http://mdm.boschwebservices.com/files/Dremel%2012V%20Lithium-ion%20Rotary%20Tool%208220%20(EN)%20r36938v15.jpg

purpurite
12-23-2015, 02:37 PM
I would love this exact thing, but with no logo and preferably in black. No such thing exists in the market though from what I could find.

My first thought was the same thing, wondering if I could flip the logo out of visibility.

I just realized, this might be the perfect piece to make on a 3D printer. Doesn't need to be something sturdy or even metal, though a clean anodized bit would be nice. I might have a chat with my machinist father and see what he can model up for something simple and clean.

Cameron
12-23-2015, 05:19 PM
I just realized, this might be the perfect piece to make on a 3D printer. Doesn't need to be something sturdy or even metal, though a clean anodized bit would be nice.

Exactly -- it'd be great to have a nice machined and anodized clean simple piece for this but yeah, a 3D printed version would work fine too and would still be better than the PS one to me.

I might have a chat with my machinist father and see what he can model up for something simple and clean.

Cool!

christian
12-23-2015, 05:37 PM
You mount a bell there.