PDA

View Full Version : OT: Blade Runner 2

cmg
12-22-2015, 05:51 PM
On the Star wars thread some mentioned Blade runner and during the previews blade runner 2 was eluded to. so here's some links http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-2-opening/ a possible plot point https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2:_The_Edge_of_Human and http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Blade-Runner-2-Take-Care-Original-Biggest-Mystery-82407.html just google it for possibilities.

Discuss......... I tried to find cycling content and couldn't, maybe bikes are outlawed in the future...............

ergott
12-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Please, no.

Let's just have all the cool singers do covers of Lennon's Imagine while we are at it.

Leave the good stuff of the past alone. Find something new.

Louis
12-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Leave the good stuff of the past alone. Find something new.

But there's money to be made (SW certainly demonstrated that in spades) and apparently the story-tellers have run out of good ideas.

bcroslin
12-22-2015, 06:26 PM
Does Ridley Scott have to ruin everything he's done?! Talk about hubris. Yeesh.

ergott
12-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Next up, sequel to Kind of Blue featuring Wynton Marsalis.

ultraman6970
12-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Waiting this for years but now that han solo is dead, what is going to happen? :p

ALways wanted to know what was going to happen to the last replicant... like having a super baby and stuff?

What they need to do is just bring Akira and GITS and that will take care of Blade runner 2 big time.

bicycletricycle
12-22-2015, 07:26 PM
That is a nightmare

Please don't

How about a Casablanca reboot

summilux
12-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Please let me remember Sean Young for what she was then....

velomonkey
12-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Please let me remember Sean Young for what she was then....

Except Stripes!!!! Stripes was great. All else both sucked and blew.

echelon_john
12-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Pretty psyched for Bieber and Rogan as The Blues Brothers--I hear Kanye's doing the soundtrack.

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Pretty psyched for Bieber and Rogan as The Blues Brothers--I hear Kanye's doing the soundtrack.

Note to self . . . Go look up instructions for Harri-Kiri on Wikipedia . . . :eek: :crap:

BBD

ultraman6970
12-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Is this for real???

CampyorBust
12-23-2015, 03:37 AM
https://youtu.be/SV0DXLQg0f4

berserk87
12-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Ugh.

There is little that is fresh coming out of Hollywood these days. During our 40 minutes of previews prior to the latest Star Wars flick (also filled with recycled plot elements), we saw trailers for a Kung Fu Panda sequel and some other animated movie that ran out of road, but will also have a sequel.

We also saw trailers for an Angry Birds movie, and a Ratchet & Clank movie - inspired by a phone app and a video game.

The Peanuts have a movie running right now. As fond as I am of the Peanuts gang, the material is not exactly fresh or relevant.

How about the latest Peter Pan reboot?

How many Shrek movies were there? The last one was reduced strictly to fart and burp gags, I think.

I don't know if studios think that people like repetition, or if they are that afraid of risk.

benb
12-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Yah this is stupid.

There are tons of other PKD stories they could be making movies out of, there is no sequel to "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep", so this is just a waste.

The whole point of lots of those stories was mind bending mysterious endings.. Hollywood has to go and try and explain everything and tell everyone exactly what to think, so annoying.

parco
12-23-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't think sequels are so much about a lack of new story lines as about marketing. The marketers a so much about "brand identification" because it makes for an easier media blitz. I think the corporations view it as less risky. If the initial movie was a hit most of the work is done and if they leave a few open ended areas in the first one, the movie going public will flock to the sequel to see what happens.

Tony T
12-23-2015, 04:02 PM
I don't think sequels are so much about a lack of new story lines as about marketing. The marketers a so much about "brand identification" because it makes for an easier media blitz. I think the corporations view it as less risky. If the initial movie was a hit most of the work is done and if they leave a few open ended areas in the first one, the movie going public will flock to the sequel to see what happens.

and even if it's not (i.e. Paul Blart Mall Cop 2) ;)

CunegoFan
12-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Alternate title: Prometheus 2 Electric Boogaloo

Ridley Scott's recent track record does not inspire confidence.

cmg
12-23-2015, 08:06 PM
Point break is coming with a European flair. aliens, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, Star Trek Beyond, Zoolander 2, Indiana Jones 5, Bubba Nosferatu: Curse of the She-Vampires (????)
This prequel to Bubba Ho-Tep finds Elvis shooting a film in Louisiana......

man the list is long http://www.imdb.com/list/ls056448769/ the madness chases the buck.

Tony T
12-23-2015, 08:10 PM
man the list is long http://www.imdb.com/list/ls056448769/ the madness chases the buck.

Clerks III (2016)

First one is one of my favorites. ("37!")

jimcav
12-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Clerks III (2016)

First one is one of my favorites. ("37!")

"oh my god i feel so nauseous"

beeatnik
12-24-2015, 02:54 AM
Next up, sequel to Kind of Blue featuring Wynton Marsalis.

Wouldn't that just be called jazz?

mcteague
12-24-2015, 06:19 AM
Alternate title: Prometheus 2 Electric Boogaloo

Ridley Scott's recent track record does not inspire confidence.

The Duelists,Alien, Blade Runner; after that I really think it has been downhill for Mr Scott. I know many of his subsequent films have been very popular but I have found them glossy but empty.

Tim

CunegoFan
12-24-2015, 07:48 AM
The Duelists,Alien, Blade Runner; after that I really think it has been downhill for Mr Scott. I know many of his subsequent films have been very popular but I have found them glossy but empty.

I think Scott is a great visualist. Give him a decent script and he can make a good even great movie. Without that he creates pretty films with little substance; but often style is all that is required to make a flick a success, especially when the foreign market is an increasingly important factor and shallow movies are easily translatable to different languages and cultures.

Prometheus is a case in point. It is a beautiful film. The production design is fantastic. Scott's work as a technician is amazing. But the script is a trite rehash of ideas that were passe in the 70s and are now fodder for bottom feeder cable TV programs like Ancient Aliens. It was a million dollar--well, 130 million dollar--picture with a ten dollar script.

It is interesting that Scott's brother had similar flaws. He was technically proficient, not nearly the visualist as Ridley, but even with a good script he made cold, empty films, which was evident right from the beginning with The Hunger.

Back to remakes and sequels.

I would be excited about Bubba Nosferatu but Bruce Campbell is not involved and it could be years before it is made. The good news there is that it appears Coscarelli will finally get his final Phantasm installment out next year.

The Point Break remake seems pointless as well as looks like a terrible followup of xXx. It has a cast of nobodies and will be going up against people still clamoring to see Star Wars. I expect it to be a bunch of stunts, if you can call CGI that defies the laws of physics stunts.

I don't see how the next Indiana Jones movie can be worse than the last, but if Lucas is still doing the story then I am prepared to not be surprised when it is.

I am hopeful for a sequel to Crouching Tiger but, obviously, no Chow Yun Fat and, surprisingly, no Zhang Ziyi. Jason Scott Lee, a horrible actor, gives me pause. Hopefully Michelle Yeoh and Donnie Yen make up for him.

The two action movies I enjoyed most this year were Mad Max and John Wick. I really wish I would have seen Wick in a theater instead of waiting to watch it at home. Both were stripped down to the essence and made no apologies for what they were, unlike all these comic book movies that want to be character studies. Both films are getting sequels.

OtayBW
12-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Next up, sequel to Kind of Blue featuring Wynton Marsalis.HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! :no:

ergott
12-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Wouldn't that just be called jazz?

There's jazz and there's mind blowing innovation like that album.

There's sci-fi and then there's Blade Runner.

Louis
12-24-2015, 02:49 PM
^^^^^ +1