PDA

View Full Version : Fedex delivered my rapid tour to somebody else!

Hilltopperny
12-22-2015, 03:33 PM
I swapped my atlanta for a rapid tour. I got home today and checked the tracking number and it had it listed as delivered. It clearly had not been. I called fedex and filed a complaint.Have any of you had this happen to you. How did the company deal with refunding you for an item? How do they determine a monetary value on the item that is no longer in production and would cost a small fortune to replace? Any information on the subject would be much appreciated.

bikerboy337
12-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Replacement would typically only be at whatever the insurance value was... so if it was insured for $200, thats what they'll pay out... no matter how much the item is worth...

why i always pay for the actual value for insurance on any big items...

donevwil
12-22-2015, 03:38 PM
I swapped my atlanta for a rapid tour. I got home today and checked the tracking number and it had it listed as delivered. It clearly had not been. I called fedex and filed a complaint.Have any of you had this happen to you. How did the company deal with refunding you for an item? How do they determine a monetary value on the item that is no longer in production and would cost a small fortune to replace? Any information on the subject would be much appreciated.

Are you sure it wasn't delivered to the correct address and then stolen ? It happened to me with UPS, delivered to my address (left at front door with no one home) and subsequently stolen before I got home from work. Item was not insured. I filed a claim using sold comps on ebay and had money in about three weeks.

If indeed it was delivered to an incorrect address I think you chances are pretty good at recovery.

Good luck.

crashnburn
12-22-2015, 03:39 PM

When you say delivered to someone else, shouldn't the address they delivered it to be at least close to you? (I may be wrong) I've had some items delivered to our neighbor but they were honest enough to drop it at our house.

ultraman6970
12-22-2015, 03:39 PM
The f... driver at least remember where the box was delivered??

Happened to me something similar, they called the driver he said put the boxes (3) in the front door... went down the neighborhood and I found the boxes like 10 houses down, lucky the guy did not put them inside of the house. Called the supervisor that how is posible that the driver put the boxes in wrong house number, and the numbers were like appart for a lot. I think the dude thought I was the african guy that lived there... and just gave things for granted... they havent done it again.

Hope you find it.

Mzilliox
12-22-2015, 03:40 PM
No! I am very unhappy to hear this... are you sure, they said delivery to be expected on wednesday or thursday...

denapista
12-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Has the business day already ended? I know some of my fedex drivers will put delivered as the status when they're making the rounds. I've had it happen so many times in the past. They'll mark it delivered, maybe for some logistical reason from their management and still make the rounds, especially during holiday season. Imagine if you were supposed to deliver something by 3pm, and you know you're backed up with lots of deliveries, so they'll just mark items as delivered to maybe show progress in the system... Just my guess of what they do.. It makes sense. I've had that happen and the Fedex guy show up at like 6pm with my package. Just wait around, it will show up. They don't deliver to the wrong addresses, and if they do they'll recover it.

Mzilliox
12-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Has the business day already ended? I know some of my fedex drivers will put delivered as the status when they're making the rounds. I've had it happen so many times in the past. They'll mark it delivered, maybe for some logistical reason from their management and still make the rounds, especially during holiday season. Imagine if you were supposed to deliver something by 3pm, and you know you're backed up with lots of deliveries, so they'll just mark items as delivered to maybe show progress in the system... Just my guess of what they do.. It makes sense. I've had that happen and the Fedex guy show up at like 6pm with my package. Just wait around, it will show up. They don't deliver to the wrong addresses, and if they do they'll recover it.

I hope you are right, I'm the one who sent the bike and this is making me sick!

Lanternrouge
12-22-2015, 03:54 PM
I recently had a delivery of wine (must be signed for by someone over 21) marked as delivered (when it was not delivered to my house) when I was home and signed for by someone I'd never heard of. The next business day FedEx delivered and apologized for the mistake. Mistakes with delivery happen and they suck when you are at either end. I'm hoping yours is just one that will get corrected.

PSC
12-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Had UPS deliver my package to the wrong house. These companies use GPS tracking when your package is delivered, so if it was the wrong house they know where it is. I knew the house that mine was delivered to, but was too late the dirt bag took it in side and kept it, denying he got anything. I got a full refund on my order. UPS called 3 weeks later and asked me to file a police report, I told them it was a little to late for that, they should have done something the day I called and reported there mistake.

nesteel
12-22-2015, 03:57 PM
This is why the high dollar items are delivered to my work, and not left on my porch.

Hilltopperny
12-22-2015, 04:18 PM
I live in a small village in upstate ny. Very unlikely that it was stolen off of the porch as their are plenty of other things on there for a thief to take. It's a small enough place that if someone did try to ride it or even sell it I would know. I hope whoever received it does the right thing or the delivery truck did just mark it delivered and haven't made it here yet. Unfortunately it was marked delivered around 5 hours ago. Definitely bummed as I was looking forward to having an all steel sport touring bike again. I have plenty of other bikes but not one I can run fatter tires and small racks on...

bcroslin
12-22-2015, 04:23 PM

This. Same thing has happened to me. But unfortunately I've also had the a-hole fill-in UPS driver deliver multiple packages to a wrong address MILES away. Give it a day or two and the frame may show up.

Mikej
12-22-2015, 04:41 PM
I tracked my brand new Eriksen road down to the bacon factory across town. Me sitting on the couch gets a delivery conformation....

Saint Vitus
12-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Well hopefully living in a small village in upstate NY will prove its value by the person whom the bike was delivered to dropping it by or giving you a call.

benb
12-22-2015, 05:00 PM
I've had some bad luck with Fed Ex... in 2012 they delivered a Certified Check that required my signature to an office building down the street and let someone else sign for it. Major ···. I think I eventually got them to go back and pick it up? I was at home waiting for it and the status went and got changed to "delivered".

We had some major difficulty again this week my wife had a large certified check delivered and it went back and forth.. they'd refuse to deliver it at our house, then they said it was at the customer service center, my wife went to the center, they said, "Ooops we put it back on a truck", etc, etc.. they finally did deliver it when I put a signed note on the door. I think Fed Ex charged $25 to deliver this check too and then they had horrible service.

Some similar issues around Xmas gifts delivered to our house.

They seem far less reliable than UPS and USPS for us. Absolutely 0 issues with UPS/USPS in the past 5 years at our current address. I had one UPS screwup with a package that was supposed to be delivered to my office but I was able to pick it up easily.

Hilltopperny
12-22-2015, 05:01 PM
Well just got off of the phone and it was definitely delivered and signed for. I hope that they can figure it out and get it to me without it getting damaged or stolen...

zmudshark
12-22-2015, 05:22 PM
If there is a street near you that has the same address as your house, check there. Talk to the driver (likely a sub). Check at a house on your street that has a similar address EG: you are 1725 Elm, check at 1752, or 1525. Look at 1725 Oak, instead of Elm.

FDX does not have the same GPS capabilities that UPS uses, at leats on FDX Ground/Home.

Former (long retired) UPS driver. Mistakes happen, but are usually resolved.

Good Luck.

zmudshark
12-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Well just got off of the phone and it was definitely delivered and signed for. I hope that they can figure it out and get it to me without it getting damaged or stolen...You should be okay.

Megalodon
12-22-2015, 05:28 PM
I have my stuff shipped to a UPS Store where I have a box and someone is always there to receive and sign for packages. They then make me sign again at the store when I pick it up.

One problem is that UPS has had trouble finding the store on 3 occasions resulting in incorrect street address exceptions. The 2nd time, the driver called me and said the address was a strip mall and wanted to know what kind of store it was.

In all 3 instances, the address was correct.

DHL, FedEx, USPS, and others haven't had this problem.

Years ago, I had FedEx do ghost deliveries late Friday afternoons. I was home but they didn't ring the bell and just left a door tag. I guess the driver wanted to save time by not waiting for me to answer the door. I had to drive all the way to the FedEx depot and wait in line. When I complained to the guy at the desk he told me he didn't my attitude.

kramnnim
12-22-2015, 08:25 PM
Someone sent my mother a laptop, Fedex delivered it to the neighbor's house. She asked the neighbor about it, and s/he feigned ignorance. The driver ended up going back to the neighbors house and got the package back from them.

carpediemracing
12-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Two weird delivery experiences for me.

First, FedEx delivered to the "GPS location" for some reason. GPS says I live a half mile down the road. Luckily they left the package at the door of a cyclist, who knew I was a cyclist, and so she delivered the package to me.

Second, FedEx delivered to an old address. Not FedEx's fault. When I saw "delivered" but I had no package, I called the sender. I drove to our old place, rang the doorbell, and asked if they got a package. Very nice young mom (holding an infant, seemed like I interrupted something) gave me the package.

I thought the second thing would be a good way to ship nefarious things. Ship to an address where you think the person would be nice/honest/etc and go retrieve the package.

martinez
12-23-2015, 03:40 AM
Bummer to hear, and I hope you get your package.
A couple of weeks ago I had ordered some stuff online (gifts) and I would check twice a day for updates. On the scheduled day it was supposed to be delivered I checked the tracking info and it had said that the package was delivered. Strange because I was off that day (work/school). Went to sleep being super confused and a little upset...but the next day after going to both school and then work...came home to my package. Extremely relieved !
So maybe this is something some drivers do? Or not even sure why this happens. But hopefully your package gets to you just like mine did!

oldpotatoe
12-23-2015, 05:41 AM

Correct address? Or go visit the address they scanned....and delivered to.

Ahh, reading a follow-on post, it was delivered to your place..and then a 'porch pirate' got it-call the cops.

Home owner's insurance..

oldpotatoe
12-23-2015, 05:45 AM
I've had some bad luck with Fed Ex... in 2012 they delivered a Certified Check that required my signature to an office building down the street and let someone else sign for it. Major ď˝·ď˝·ď˝·. I think I eventually got them to go back and pick it up? I was at home waiting for it and the status went and got changed to "delivered".

We had some major difficulty again this week my wife had a large certified check delivered and it went back and forth.. they'd refuse to deliver it at our house, then they said it was at the customer service center, my wife went to the center, they said, "Ooops we put it back on a truck", etc, etc.. they finally did deliver it when I put a signed note on the door. I think Fed Ex charged $25 to deliver this check too and then they had horrible service.

Some similar issues around Xmas gifts delivered to our house.

They seem far less reliable than UPS and USPS for us. Absolutely 0 issues with UPS/USPS in the past 5 years at our current address. I had one UPS screwup with a package that was supposed to be delivered to my office but I was able to pick it up easily.

All seem to have issues. I mailed a package to a gent in the Netherlands..finally found in Saudi Arabia..really. Tracking number and location saved it.

allezdude
12-23-2015, 06:18 AM
Did they claim you signed for it? Or another name?

AngryScientist
12-23-2015, 07:16 AM
i bet it will be delivered today or tomorrow. i've had both fedex and USPS claim an item was delivered only to have it sitting on the truck. i think the driver marks it delivered if he thinks he'll get it out that day, but with the holiday madness, it might not have gotten done.

anyway, hoping for the best for you, it's a crappy feeling, i know, anticipating getting something and then not happening. the stress of the unknown.

good luck and keep us posted.

Hilltopperny
12-23-2015, 08:23 AM
It has been delivered to somewhere, but not my house. There is a signature from a b schulyer as stated on the tracking info from fedex. They have not given me an address in which they delivered it yet. I'm just shocked that a package as big as a complete bicycle that weighs in at just under 40lbs and is clearly a bicycle can be delivered and signed for by someone who is clearly not the name on the package nor are they at the right address. I am truly hoping that they figure it out today and get me the bike. I have already ordered some nice racks and tires that will only fit this particular bike and was really looking forward to riding it. I realize it's not the end of the world but the incompetence of this particular driver really is quite stunning.

oldpotatoe
12-23-2015, 08:25 AM
It has been delivered to somewhere, but not my house. There is a signature from a b schulyer as stated on the tracking info from fedex. They have not given me an address in which they delivered it yet. I'm just shocked that a package as big as a complete bicycle that weighs in at just under 40lbs and is clearly a bicycle can be delivered and signed for by someone who is clearly not the name on the package nor are they at the right address. I am truly hoping that they figure it out today and get me the bike. I have already ordered some nice racks and tires that will only fit this particular bike and was really looking forward to riding it. I realize it's not the end of the world but the incompetence of this particular driver really is quite stunning.

Not a FedEx fan boy but maybe the address was wrong??

AngryScientist
12-23-2015, 08:36 AM
that's interesting. sure seems odd that someone would even sign for such a big package that they were not expecting and was not addressed to them.

hopefully fedex sorts it out - doesnt seem like too much of a mystery anymore though, especially if they know where it actually wound up.

Mzilliox
12-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Not a FedEx fan boy but maybe the address was wrong??

Addy is right, checked it on my end a couple times and verified with the shipping center as well. Its right here on my receipt and I put it on the box 3 times. Mistake certainly, but i hope one that is easily corrected. how do accept and sign for a giant 32lb package knowing its not yours anyway?

ultraman6970
12-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Some idiots just never look the address or names in the box. Thing that should make sense to anybody right? :(

benb
12-23-2015, 10:22 AM
There are some intermediate steps where they can screw things up.

UPS has an intermediate step where someone reads the address from one computer and types it into another.

I had a package not get delivered because said person decided to abbreviate the street name in a way that caused the driver's GPS to not be able to find the street and decided the address was invalid.

Hilltopperny
12-23-2015, 12:14 PM
So I got the bike today! It was at the neighbors as they signed for it. Unfortunately the neighbors mother passed away shortly after they signed for it and weren't around until just now to tell me they had it. Thanks for all the concern and glad I can now ride my new bike!

Saint Vitus
12-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Addy is right, checked it on my end a couple times and verified with the shipping center as well. Its right here on my receipt and I put it on the box 3 times. Mistake certainly, but i hope one that is easily corrected. how do accept and sign for a giant 32lb package knowing its not yours anyway?

I sent a car part across country once and the recipient received flat pack furniture instead. As part of the sorting out of the issue that item was returned to me. Upon receipt to me I saw that the way bill had been swapped out from the fancy FedEx clear ziplock shipper stuck on the box. Note to self, always tape those shut.

So I got the bike today! It was at the neighbors as they signed for it. Unfortunately the neighbors mother passed away shortly after they signed for it and weren't around until just now to tell me they had it. Thanks for all the concern and glad I can now ride my new bike!

All's well that ends well! :beer::beer::beer:

bikingshearer
12-23-2015, 12:40 PM

Thank goodness for honest neighbors.

Mzilliox
12-23-2015, 12:46 PM

Brother!!! so stoked to hear this, breathing a sigh of relief! Good Christmas mojo to all and a happy new year!

kevinvc
12-23-2015, 01:05 PM

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

I didn't want to say this earlier for fear of it sounding callous, but when one thinks of just how many packages these folks are transporting literally all over the world, it's really amazing how few seem to go awry.

I'm very relieved for you that this all worked out.

AngryScientist
12-23-2015, 01:23 PM
ahh, great news.

in an ideal world - the fedex tracking information would have been update to show "neighbor signed for and accepted package" - which would have clued you in.

good news all around. glad to hear.

now on to important matters: since you riled us all up over this rapid tour, you MUST follow up and post some good photos of the bike built and some ride reports when you get it together. i happen to know that NY is experiencing some of the most mild weather ever right now, so you better get crackin' !!

AngryScientist
12-23-2015, 01:24 PM
so...

is it built yet?

vqdriver
12-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Ugh. Sad to hear about their mother's passing. So close to Christmas.
Thats rough

christian
12-23-2015, 02:20 PM
It's a Festivus miracle!!! It wasn't an aluminum bike. High strength to weight ratio.

Mzilliox
12-23-2015, 02:30 PM
it used to look like this:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/funstarfish/Serotta%207-4.jpg
It'll be fun to see how you make it your own!

Hilltopperny
12-23-2015, 02:46 PM
I put it together as is just to get a quick feel for everything. I am waiting on the local bike shop for new bar tape, velo orange contructeur front an rear racks and still in the process of figuring out what type of panniers to buy for it. I have some 32c gatorskins that I will be putting on it soon. As far as the ride goes, I did 10 miles today as it is very overcast and rain is in the forecast. It is as smooth as my atlanta was but a little less cramped and has the ability to carry my stuff when I decide to take off for an all day ride. I also love the all steel look and feel. The last full steelie I had was a pinarello stelvio and I always regret selling it but this will full that void nicely. I can't wait for the goodies I ordered to come in so I can hook it up the way I wish. Just one quick pic after my ride today. I will post up after I get everything in order.
Merry Christmas everybody :beer:

Hilltopperny
12-23-2015, 02:53 PM
For some reason I can't upload the image. I will get some pics of it this weekend and post them up.

kevinvc
12-24-2015, 11:56 AM
It wasn't an aluminum bike. High strength to weight ratio.

I like your style, but we have to move on.

I got a lot of problems with you people. And now you're gonna hear about it! :D

OtayBW
12-24-2015, 12:13 PM
I like your style, but we have to move on.

I got a lot of problems with you people. And now you're gonna hear about it! :DOy - let the airing of the grievances begin (or end...wait....).:fight:

hulot
03-22-2016, 06:21 PM
For some reason I can't upload the image. I will get some pics of it this weekend and post them up.

Heya Hilltopperny! Sooo glad you got the package!! I was nervous for you as I read my way through the posts. Not sure where you are in upstate NY but we are having great biking weather in the Adirondacks. Well, compared to a month ago anyhow . . . Have you been able to get out on it yet? Post those pictures, please!!!

Hilltopperny
03-22-2016, 07:15 PM
Heya Hilltopperny! Sooo glad you got the package!! I was nervous for you as I read my way through the posts. Not sure where you are in upstate NY but we are having great biking weather in the Adirondacks. Well, compared to a month ago anyhow . . . Have you been able to get out on it yet? Post those pictures, please!!!

Ended up getting rid of the frame and fork. Unfortunately it was a little long in the top tube for me. I ended up buying a kirk terraplane and an Atlanta since. I live close to the foothills of the Adirondacks. I haven't taken any rides out that way yet. Wouldn't mind finding another rapid tour in 54 or 55cm at some point as it was a smooth riding bike.

hulot
03-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Ended up getting rid of the frame and fork. Unfortunately it was a little long in the top tube for me. I ended up buying a kirk terraplane and an Atlanta since. I live close to the foothills of the Adirondacks. I haven't taken any rides out that way yet. Wouldn't mind finding another rapid tour in 54 or 55cm at some point as it was a smooth riding bike.

Hiya Hilltopperny.

At least you got a sense of the frame, huh? And liked it enough to buy an Atlanta and to continue looking, but for a smaller frame. I didn't know the Rapid Touring existed until today, but it sounds like something I might like.

How does it compare with the Atlanta? Not that I've ridden one of those, but I rode a Speciale a long time ago, and I bought what I think is a 1994 CR for my wife, and I test ride it every so often to keep things tuned up. Hers is a 52 though, and I ride a 56, and thinking about moving to a larger frame.

The RT's longer chainstay and wheelbase, more rake?/trail?, slightly slacker angles, and lower bottom bracket all seem like they would accentuate the things I like in the two Serottas I have limited experience with. What is the largest tire that runs true to size that you think could fit, or managed to actually fit?

I'm in Wadhams now, which is more foothilly than mountainous, and I'm happy because I love climbing varied grades, but I dislike descending unless it is big and sweeping. To some extent I think it is my bike, and would love something smoother and more stable. We have a lot of intense hills with plenty of corners that have broken pavement and small frost heaves that rattle my bike and can make my wheels skip. Does that sound like the kind of thing the RT would take in stride with style to spare? Feel free to answer about the Atlanta if you didn't ride the RT enough to say. Your nickname here suggests you're a good one to ask!

So many questions about a bike you didn't have for long, and mostly during winter . . . Sorry, just excited that Serotta made a sport touring bike! Maybe Mzilliox is lurking . . .

Thanks!
Eric

Hilltopperny
03-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Hiya Hilltopperny.

At least you got a sense of the frame, huh? And liked it enough to buy an Atlanta and to continue looking, but for a smaller frame. I didn't know the Rapid Touring existed until today, but it sounds like something I might like.

How does it compare with the Atlanta? Not that I've ridden one of those, but I rode a Speciale a long time ago, and I bought what I think is a 1994 CR for my wife, and I test ride it every so often to keep things tuned up. Hers is a 52 though, and I ride a 56, and thinking about moving to a larger frame.

The RT's longer chainstay and wheelbase, more rake?/trail?, slightly slacker angles, and lower bottom bracket all seem like they would accentuate the things I like in the two Serottas I have limited experience with. What is the largest tire that runs true to size that you think could fit, or managed to actually fit?

I'm in Wadhams now, which is more foothilly than mountainous, and I'm happy because I love climbing varied grades, but I dislike descending unless it is big and sweeping. To some extent I think it is my bike, and would love something smoother and more stable. We have a lot of intense hills with plenty of corners that have broken pavement and small frost heaves that rattle my bike and can make my wheels skip. Does that sound like the kind of thing the RT would take in stride with style to spare? Feel free to answer about the Atlanta if you didn't ride the RT enough to say. Your nickname here suggests you're a good one to ask!

So many questions about a bike you didn't have for long, and mostly during winter . . . Sorry, just excited that Serotta made a sport touring bike! Maybe Mzilliox is lurking . . .

Thanks!
Eric

The rapid tour was a fantastic and smooth ride. It reminded me a lot of the atlanta. The rt had a steel fork whereas the atlanta has a carbon f1 fork but both are smooth bicycles. I'd say the atlanta climbs a bit better and they both descend well. I fit 32c paselas and gatorskins on it without any issue. It's a great sport touring bike. I currently have a few too many nice bikes so the rt had to go once I found the filet brazed terraplane to replace it. The atlanta is one of my favorite bikes ever as it does everything very well. I wish the f1 fork had clearance for wider tires though. My current atlanta is now set up as a light tourer/rando bike. I love it. I am getting ready to sell my csi which is also a fantastic bike but not as good a fit as my others. You can't go wrong with a serotta as far as I'm concerned. :beer:

hulot
03-22-2016, 11:21 PM
The rapid tour was a fantastic and smooth ride. It reminded me a lot of the atlanta. The rt had a steel fork whereas the atlanta has a carbon f1 fork but both are smooth bicycles. I'd say the atlanta climbs a bit better and they both descend well. I fit 32c paselas and gatorskins on it without any issue. It's a great sport touring bike. I currently have a few too many nice bikes so the rt had to go once I found the filet brazed terraplane to replace it. The atlanta is one of my favorite bikes ever as it does everything very well. I wish the f1 fork had clearance for wider tires though. My current atlanta is now set up as a light tourer/rando bike. I love it. I am getting ready to sell my csi which is also a fantastic bike but not as good a fit as my others. You can't go wrong with a serotta as far as I'm concerned. :beer:

Thank you, Hilltoperny! That's great news about being able to get 32s in the Rapid Tour. I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me. I like riding road bikes off road as well. I much prefer my road bike for slow rides on trails to fast rides on the road, and prefer my "hybrid"/cross bike on the road. If fit were equal would you still take an Atlanta over a CSi? On paper, not having ridden either it is hard to resist the allure and cache of the CSi, even though I hear what you are saying and it is not the first time I've heard it. But dang, it sounds like the Rapid Tour is a promising bike for me and I'm already off chasing other daydreams.

zetroc
03-22-2016, 11:23 PM
I sent a car part across country once and the recipient received flat pack furniture instead. As part of the sorting out of the issue that item was returned to me. Upon receipt to me I saw that the way bill had been swapped out from the fancy FedEx clear ziplock shipper stuck on the box. Note to self, always tape those shut.

All's well that ends well! :beer::beer::beer:

Those ziplock windows for the shipping labels are the WORST. I use clear tape to laminate the FedEx label to the box. Easily swappable labels are a recipe for disaster.

Mzilliox
03-23-2016, 06:34 AM
Thank you, Hilltoperny! That's great news about being able to get 32s in the Rapid Tour. I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me. I like riding road bikes off road as well. I much prefer my road bike for slow rides on trails to fast rides on the road, and prefer my "hybrid"/cross bike on the road. If fit were equal would you still take an Atlanta over a CSi? On paper, not having ridden either it is hard to resist the allure and cache of the CSi, even though I hear what you are saying and it is not the first time I've heard it. But dang, it sounds like the Rapid Tour is a promising bike for me and I'm already off chasing other daydreams.

I owned the same rapid tour for a while and its a different bike than the atlanta. Its got a longer wheelbase which made it more stable ride than the atlanta is. it has brazeons for fenders and a rack too. its designed with a more upright profile in mind, but thats not to say you can't ride it fast. it just didn't have the tight geometry i like for a go fast bike. it did handle gravel better than the atlanta, mainly due to larger tires. i rode it mainly with 28s, and the ride was plush.

hulot
03-23-2016, 08:10 AM
I owned the same rapid tour for a while and its a different bike than the atlanta. Its got a longer wheelbase which made it more stable ride than the atlanta is. it has brazeons for fenders and a rack too. its designed with a more upright profile in mind, but thats not to say you can't ride it fast. it just didn't have the tight geometry i like for a go fast bike. it did handle gravel better than the atlanta, mainly due to larger tires. i rode it mainly with 28s, and the ride was plush.

Thank you, Mzilliox! That is very helpful. Yesterday I was enjoying studying your various builds and thinking of the sorts of riding you must had been doing on it, thinking it must be a capable steed. I got almost nothing done yesterday evening, but thanks to the generous postings of you and Hilltopperny, I gleaned a fair amount about a very exciting sounding bike.

skiezo
03-23-2016, 08:10 AM
Alot of times when I am getting a high dollar item delivered I will have it delivered to a local usp/fed-ex store. That way they will hold it till I have a chance to go to the store and sign for the item.
I had a high dollar stereo amp shipped once and I knew I would not be around to sign for it so it was delivered to the local fed ex store and was held till I signed. I can also assure that the packaging is not damaged as well.
It works out great as most of these stores are open later.

AngryScientist
03-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Alot of times when I am getting a high dollar item delivered I will have it delivered to a local usp/fed-ex store. That way they will hold it till I have a chance to go to the store and sign for the item.
I had a high dollar stereo amp shipped once and I knew I would not be around to sign for it so it was delivered to the local fed ex store and was held till I signed. I can also assure that the packaging is not damaged as well.
It works out great as most of these stores are open later.

yea, i have stuff held at my local fedex store all the time. they are open until 10pm i think, and if i notice a packaging problem, i can get it addressed on the spot.

Schmed
03-23-2016, 08:48 AM
I tracked my brand new Eriksen road down to the bacon factory across town. ...

For some twisted reason, this is funny as heck.

jchasse
03-23-2016, 09:26 AM
A few years back I ordered a set of custom Enve / CK wheels. They were mistakenly sent to my old address in CT (we now live in Colorado). Someone received the box and signed for it. UPS first response didn’t leave me at all hopeful, as the package was successfully delivered to the “correct” delivery address.

I hit The Google, trying to figure out who lived in my old house – no luck, but I happened to see on Zillow that the place was for sale. I tracked down the listing realtor, explained the situation. She contacted the homeowner, and they called me the next day asking where I wanted the wheels sent! Got em a few days later. (And I was able to answer a bunch of questions about the master bath renovation we did just before we sold the house :crap: )