PDA

View Full Version : Made in China vs Made in Germany

J. Anquetil
12-21-2015, 04:24 PM
Oh, no...!!! :no:

weisan
12-21-2015, 05:20 PM
I bet the HED C2 rear wheel that I just built up can do the same damage...

R3awak3n
12-21-2015, 07:35 PM
I just bought some bottle cages from china, bianchi10 has them on his bike, I thought they looked good so I bought. 2 for $20, shipped. Got here in 5 days. So far so good.

put them on my bike and one doesn't even hold the bike, the bottle is loose in there, swings from side to side. The other one kind of holds the bike, but not well, the other carbon bottles I had there are awesome and I dunno why I wanted to try these (they are matte and I wanted matte cages).

I am sure there is a batch of these that are good (bianchi10 loves his) but this batch I got sure isnt it. You get what you pay for thats for sure. i complained so lets see what they do about it.

I was just talking about this with a co worker today, he is chinese and I was telling him that china makes amazing headphones, they have some great deals on stuff that sounds great. On the other side you have beyerdynamics, german. They both sound good but my chinese headphone will brake if I drop them, my beyers, I have dropped countless times, made in germany, still look brand new.

goonster
12-21-2015, 10:53 PM
I'll bet that not a single part on that bike is made in Germany.

milkbaby
12-22-2015, 12:31 AM
Maybe the tires are German made Continentals but the rest of that bike is made in China!

beeatnik
12-22-2015, 12:59 AM
German Bika
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/702/22534395754_8c46eff2a9_o.jpg

CampyorBust
12-22-2015, 05:05 AM
Somewhat off topic but hey it involves Chinese riding in German cars.

I was booted from an archeological dig the other day because the official Chinese delegation came to visit. By the time I constructed my protest sign out of twigs and rocks they had already jumped in their fleet of black German cars and were off to peruse another part of the world. My point is there is no escaping those industrious fellows. Anywhere I go in the world the Chinese have a presence and its always growing according to the locals.

However what really bugs me most is the lack of decent knobby tread on that Nicolai. I am also trying to figure out what is going on with those cables. 4 cables from the bars, internal rear hub ok, two cables for the brakes, so where is the 4th going? Hmmmm?

Tandem Rider
12-22-2015, 05:16 AM
Somewhat off topic but hey it involves Chinese riding in German cars.

I was booted from an archeological dig the other day because the official Chinese delegation came to visit. By the time I constructed my protest sign out of twigs and rocks they had already jumped in their fleet of black German cars and were off to peruse another part of the world. My point is there is no escaping those industrious fellows. Anywhere I go in the world the Chinese have a presence and its always growing according to the locals.

However what really bugs me most is the lack of decent knobby tread on that Nicolai. I am also trying to figure out what is going on with those cables. 4 cables from the bars, internal rear hub ok, two cables for the brakes, so where is the 4th going? Hmmmm?

Vrooom vroom er wait, hmmmm hmmmm

Formulasaab
12-22-2015, 05:24 AM
I am also trying to figure out what is going on with those cables. 4 cables from the bars, internal rear hub ok, two cables for the brakes, so where is the 4th going? Hmmmm?

http://www.effigear.com/#!frame-integration/c1fai