PDA

View Full Version : Cha cha changes...

William
05-30-2006, 07:07 AM
Just curious if anyone else experiences this type of thing? Every time the weather changes from season to season, my first ride out in it sucks. I feel lethargic and slow, climbs I usually power up are hard and sluggish. The next day I'm fine and flying for the rest of the season. This weekend was our first bout of hot weather and the first day I'm huffing. The rest of the weekend I'm fine.

Open House last year. Friday was the first very hot and humid day I had experienced that summer and I was hurting. Saturday, no problem and the temps were the same.

Wood Rat road race: first warm day, finished in the pack.
Pear Blossom road race the next day, It's hotter, I'm flying and take third. Go figure?

Happens every time the seasons change, which they do more drastically here then they did in Oregon.

Other then that I had a great riding weekend and got out there with my son. :banana:

William

znfdl
05-30-2006, 07:36 AM
William:

I always feel slow and lethargic.....

cs124
05-30-2006, 07:40 AM
for me change of season => asthma => wheezing & spluttering => slow

takes a couple of days to acclimatize

William
05-30-2006, 07:46 AM
William:

I always feel slow and lethargic.....

http://www.monteverdeinfo.com/images/sloth-02-big.jpg

:D

for me change of season => asthma => wheezing & spluttering => slow

takes a couple of days to acclimatize

No wheezing or sputtering here, just a heaviness in the legs and a lack of snap.

William

Kevan
05-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Yesterday's romp took the starch out of me. I dropped down into survival mode. Drank a tankful of liquids and didn't use the head until I got home.

Interesting thing... we ordered mango smoothies at our lunch break and my core temp was so high I was more prone to brain freezes. Yeeee...ouch!

shaq-d
05-30-2006, 08:06 AM
it takes me more than a day to acclimatize...yesterday was our hottest, when i got home and rested i was still at 70% BPM; usually i go straight down to 40-50%.

sd

Kevan
05-30-2006, 08:21 AM
I was seriously considering to mow the lawn when I got home from the century ride.

Ha! What a fool!

(Don't answer that.)