PDA

View Full Version : how much riding did the bros do this weekend?

Fixed
05-29-2006, 07:16 PM
bro i got a merckx friday been riding ever since 3hrs friday 5 sat 6 sun and 5 today what a blast.
cheers

imho
05-29-2006, 07:23 PM
sickness is the new training.

got dropped and hurt this afternoon after 2 weeks of not riding; four days of sickness and 5 days of no real solid food...this wasn't even a real ride with good riders....this was a forty mile afternoon put around ride....pulled for 30 miles at 19-20mph; feeling great to be on a bike; telling stupid stories to the folks on the ride and then all of a sudden popped like a cat 7....had to hang on to slow people who don't even know how to hold a line or maintain a constant pace; but fortunatly form comes back quick and real training starts tomorrow at 7am. its mp to be mp.

imho

Grant McLean
05-29-2006, 07:26 PM
bro. 2 friday night, 4.5 saturday 5 sunday. worked today.
thank goodness for coppertone spf.

g

manet
05-29-2006, 07:31 PM
tues. 40
wed. 40
thurs. 40
fri. http://www.pitt.edu/~blair1/highway13/images/cds-friday-big.jpg
sat. 65
sun. 65
mon. http://www.popapez.com/resourcecenter/pezlist/listimages/Bicentennial/betsyross.jpg

sjbraun
05-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Not as much as I'd have liked, but we did celebrtae my son's HS graduation, cooked up a storm, feted the friends and relatives and heard him play a great solo cello recital.
Less than 100 miles, but loads of satisfaction this weekend.

Steve

Fixed
05-29-2006, 07:33 PM
i only did one group ride( sat). I like riding by myself... the new bike says let's sprint .. med/ long rides are fun. hope everyone had a riding weekend ..
cheers

Grant McLean
05-29-2006, 07:34 PM
tues. 40
wed. 40
thurs. 40
fri. http://www.pitt.edu/~blair1/highway13/images/cds-friday-big.jpg
sat. 65
sun. 65
mon. http://download-free-pictures.com/patriotic/pictures/betsy-ross-1.jpg

me no computer :-(

but i got miles

http://images.google.ca/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=miles+davis&btnG=Search

g

swoop
05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
did my first pro race (not 30+ 1-3)... but i did after a hard race yesterday (11th) and a frustrating race earlier in the day... i just overheated about an hour into it.. my legs were fine but my fair irish skin couldn't take another second of the sun.. i don't think we did a lap under 30 mph.. very tired right now.
bahati won. tony cruz was there too. tiiiired. 41 is too old for this much racing... blech.

the fred formally known as lnomalley.

BumbleBeeDave
05-29-2006, 08:14 PM
25 miles Saturday with friend Steve on his "student/faculty ride" at Union college . . . we went up Putnam, then down Crawford. I hit 53.8 on the way down, then my rear hub started making truly AWFUL noises when it heated up, but only when I coasted. I took it up to Saratoga to Blue Sky Bikes Saturday afternoon and Clifton--the "Super Wrench"--first said it must be the cassette body, then took it apart and said 'By God, you're RIGHT! It IS your bearings!" (Imagine--me being RIGHT about something!) He not only had the parts in stock, but serviced the freewheel and put in the bearing while I waited. Clifton is THE man! :banana: :banana:

Sunday did Joe P's "Tour Pace" ride Saratoga Lake Loop . . . 42 miles, 50 by the time I rode to the start point and back home. I learned my lesson bonking at Nottrott Weekend on Saturday, so I took some Clif Bars with me since TooTall wasn't around to rescue my sorry @ss with a Hammer Bar. I finished with the LAST group and averaged 19. Tour pace?--%$&#* . . . Rode home. Collapsed.

Recovery ride Monday AM in the light rain on the bike trail on my MTB. 16 miles REAL slow. Man, EVERYTHING was sore. Old ladies dropped me. Little kids on training wheels dropped me. I saw two snapping turtles. They come out on the path this time of year to dig nests and lay eggs. One was butt down in the dirt laying eggs. The other (female?) was waddling down the path like she owned it--SHE dropped me! :eek:

Want to write more but . . . ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ . . .

BBD . . . ZZZZZZZZZZ

PS . . . Does Manet have a job? Or does he just ride all the time?

Avispa
05-29-2006, 08:14 PM
bro i got a merckx friday been riding ever since 3hrs friday 5 sat 6 sun and 5 today what a blast.
cheers

Bro Fixed....

The Giro is over and Basso won; stop training so hard my man!

;)

Grant McLean
05-29-2006, 08:15 PM
the fred formally known as lnomalley.

spring cleaning?
what's with all the name chages on the list!
I need a score card.

g

glc
05-29-2006, 08:33 PM
im not much of one to keep time and i do not run a computer but i am good at watching the sun and at plotting mileage on the www google map thingy. im irresponsible is what it comes down to.

70 miles saturday with a lovely girl brooklyn-nyack crossed the gw 4 times, dont ask.
45 miles sunday jersey farm land with 2 lovely friends who couldnt stop talking about how they wanted to do it when they got back. effin great that was. and sure nuff they effed when we got back.
15 miles jersey shore cuz there was no surf and we were running late for the tour of somerville, which was effin great.

all single speed

sirroada
05-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Friday-45 miles of the best that western Wisconsin can offer. Constant up and down hills for 45 miles straight. Not only that but the scenery was beautiful. No cars, lots of dairy farms and lots of sun. Decided to wear a sleaveless jersey for the first time to help balance out my cyclist tan on my arms...bad idea. Now I can't sleep on my back.
Saturday-Spent the day with the family and painting my son's room. (My son is due in 4 weeks).
Sunday-30 miles first thing in the morning. Beautiful sunday morning with no wind but it was a brutal 85 degrees.
Today-95 degrees and about 85% humidity. I would have ridden but I had to put the finish work on my son's room. Nice to have it done. I will be out riding in the AM. Happy memorial day everyone!

Fixed
05-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Not as much as I'd have liked, but we did celebrtae my son's HS graduation, cooked up a storm, feted the friends and relatives and heard him play a great solo cello recital.
Less than 100 miles, but loads of satisfaction this weekend.

Steve
ok bro that's better i.m.h.o. well done bro
cheers

swoop
05-29-2006, 09:33 PM
spring cleaning?
what's with all the name chages on the list!
I need a score card.

g

i was tired of being me. now i'm me and it feels much better.

mp!
05-29-2006, 09:49 PM
its mp to be mp.

imho

you don't know what's it like to be me

manet
05-29-2006, 09:58 PM
PS . . . Does Manet have a job? Or does he just ride all the time?

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/oddjob001.jpg

mp!
05-29-2006, 10:01 PM
sickness is the new training

reading is the new sickness

the human condition
a room with a view
collapse
some dirty text messages from strangers

pretty good last few days, even if it was, performatively (if not essentially), mp

Ken Robb
05-29-2006, 10:50 PM
11 miles on Rambo Sun.
12 miles on Legend Monday.

Both days w/ my wife on her Romulus and the weather was perfect----70F and sunny.

We cruise--I sprint-I wait -- we get home and eat and drink good stuff with old friends--life is good.

Ginger
05-29-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm back in knee rehab, so riding is light. Friday night I rode over to a bar-b-que then to crashing another party, then to gusoline alley (bar) with my buddies Lisa and Nine. Probably got 8 miles in total. Did *not* get up to do the big mtb ride the next day. Been warned off standing and pedalling on the bike for a couple weeks anyhow. So no mtb for Ginger. Gardened instead.
Sunday...dragged my bike all the way to the farm to do 40 and remembered my shoes, socks, top, forgot my shorts. Drove home and took a nap.
Today did about 20 in the heat. That's about it...

bigbill
05-30-2006, 01:30 AM
Left the house at 6 am this morning and rode to downtown Honolulu to meet up with some friends. Honolulu is 27 miles from my house. I rode with my friends out to Waimanolo on the Windward coast for a 46 mile loop, stopped for a Jamba Juice and then made the 27 mile trip home. With a killer tailwind. The tan looks good. The bad part is the commute in the morning. I predict pain.

bironi
05-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Saturday - hilly 35 on fixie
Sunday - 45 on fixie
Monday - 80, 2 climbs, 6000 ft elevation

swalburn
05-30-2006, 05:27 AM
I rode about 130 miles from Saturday through Monday. I get married next weekend so there was a lot chaos going on. I managed to get 18 holes of golf in with some of the family in town. I will say this though, it was extremely hot here. All my miles were solo miles, and I think today I'm taking a rest day.

Ray
05-30-2006, 05:31 AM
From last Saturday through this Friday (including Nottrott), I did 230 miles (55 Sat, 45 Sun, 35 Wed, 65 Thurs, 30 Fri) and decided to spend the weekend with my family. Did 40 faster solo on Sunday and 40 slower with my more social club on Monday with a lot of time hanging at home. This is gonna be a lighter week than last week.

Hey, this chocolate milk as a recovery drink seems to be da bomb. I've been relying on a large glass of the stuff post ride for the past week and haven't had a bad ride yet (riding 5 days out of 6, I'll generally have at least one pretty sorry day, but I felt good on ALL of 'em). Endurox never worked so well or tasted so good.

-Ray

atmo
05-30-2006, 06:51 AM
did 2 crits on sunday and mailed
it in with my lovely wife, aka deb,
on monday - we did an easy 40mi
so i could wring out the elastic acid.
awesome weekend for tan lines.

mp!
05-30-2006, 06:58 AM
awesome weekend for tan lines.

girls coming in to the coffee shop for to go stuff wearing bikinis and those "skirts" over their hips that are basically semi-organized loincloths...tan lines...reading was hard yesterday...

Tom
05-30-2006, 07:21 AM
That's one problem with the MHCC. They advertise an easy day and if you believe them you're screwed.

Sat: 2 hours, pushed the pace a little but not too much.
Sun: 2:45, felt horrible. Stomach problems. When you go from 42 degree morning rides to 80 degree sunny rides in the space of three days odd things happen, I guess.
Mon: 3:30, felt pretty good. Half a box of Cheerios and a couple overripe bananas are a good breakfast.

I think I'm going to replace the 12-25 that sounds like popcorn with an 11-23. Sat-Sun-Mon was Rector, Rynex and Lake Desolation without using the 25. Maybe the final test will be Crawford, but my thinking is I'll get stronger if I don't have that bailout gear. I think an 11-23 will work better as a little ring set for normal just riding around days, and I've been spinning out immediately in the 53-12 coming down the hills. Worst case is somebody around here gets a new cassette cheap when I find I don't like it.

At least I hope the crackling is the cassette, when I really put the torque to it it also goes zzhhiingg! zzzhhhinng! in a nice metallic bell-like tone. A new chain is in the cards, too. It's not chain rub up front, I have that as well if I don't trim the front right and it sounds quite different.

Can you say incompetent bike maint, kiddies? Sure, I can...

Kevan
05-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Tues. 45
Wed. 45
Thurs. 45
Fri. off
Sat. off
Sun. 20
Mon. 100, very hot and DAMN hilly. Got my May century done.
Tues. off

davids
05-30-2006, 08:28 AM
awesome weekend for tan lines.I put on the lotion, but the elastic slipped - I've got this 3mm band of red on my left arm. And my wife tells me that I'm getting tan lines on my scalp through my ever-thinning hair...

Friday - 25 miles before work, in the humid, misty air. Felt great, rode hard.
Saturday - My daughter's officially a teenager. Meet friends in Plymouth. Do the tourist thing and eat. Meet other friends for a cookout in Newton. Do the guest thing and eat.
Sunday - My wife and daughter shop and go to the theatre. I ride 41 on my own, working off Saturday's calories and blowing the pollen out of my lungs. Aside from some agressive youths in a Corolla, it's a good day.
Monday - Up early to meet a friend for a morning in the saddle. Riding home, we stopped to help a fellow cyclist change a flat: "That's OK - I called someone." "A friend?" "No, my wife. She'll be here as soon as she gets the kids in the car." "Call her back - We'll get you fixed... <now we're working> ...So, how old are the kids?" "16 months, and 10 days." "10 days!!! Dude, you've got to start carrying a pump!" We do 40 fast miles - I spend the last 8 doing my upmost to stay on his wheel. I'm tired when I stop, but feel great the rest of the day.

I feel like I'm finally getting into good form. Once the pollen dissipates, I should be golden!

rsl
05-30-2006, 08:46 AM
I spent the weekend camping in Acadia National Park with a good friend and my wife. We did do about 18 miles on the carriage roads there on rented mountain bikes while wearing sandals!

Skrawny
05-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Hard 85 miles on Sat (Nicaso, Bolinas-Fairfax, 7 sisters)
Easy 40 miles on Sunday (Paradise loop)
Medium-hard 65 miles on Monday (Panoramic to Stinson then Bo-Fax)
Monday was the "Booze Cruze" - Various distance and intensity rides all timed to meet at Marin Brewing Co for lunch and beer. Then option to take ferry back to SF or ride back (if one is not too wobbly). Was a lot of fun.
-s

Erik.Lazdins
05-30-2006, 10:29 AM
As I wanted but got between 2 and 3 hrs per day but tiled the kitchen as well.

There is a delicate balance between riding enough and getting stuff done around the house that needs to be done.

Not watching the Giro live on OLN did help me get stuff done though.

BoulderGeek
05-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Dudes. Some of you bros are huge.

45 on fixie? Woof. :beer:

I did 35 riding up into the foothills yesterday, only climbing 3000 vertical or so. I came home, ate and passed out. Being 214lbs will do that, I guess.

After reading thsi thread, I'm gonna ride more.

Yes, I did watch a lot of the end of the Giro on my new HD, as well. 214lbs, you know. :no:

Chad Engle
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
12 hour mountain bike race Saturday night to Sunday morning, team of two. Legs ran out way before 12 hours did. Team finished 12 laps. Solo class winner did 21, Kerkove is the man at endurance racing.

Erik.Lazdins
05-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Dudes. Some of you bros are huge.

45 on fixie? Woof. :beer:

I did 35 riding up into the foothills yesterday, only climbing 3000 vertical or so. I came home, ate and passed out. Being 214lbs will do that, I guess.

After reading thsi thread, I'm gonna ride more.

Yes, I did watch a lot of the end of the Giro on my new HD, as well. 214lbs, you know. :no:

Magnus won Paris Roubaix at 198 and rode the tour at 220.

BUTCH RIDES
05-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Hello,
I rode to the market and to the library .
adios