PDA

View Full Version : Your pictures of abandoned bikes go here

schwa86
12-16-2015, 07:13 AM
Every day I walk by this bike on may way into work. It is locked to a bike rack outside an REI and has been for > 2 years. Somebody clearly put some time and effort into matching various yellow and red parts. Where did it come from? Where did the owner go? Do people really forget where they locked up their bikes? With all the bikes that get stolen (seriously many outside this very building), how did this one stay locked, with no parts stolen or wheels taco-ed by disaffected youth?

I bet you can find a favorite abandoned bike in your neighborhood...1697911892

stien
12-16-2015, 07:15 AM
Walmart used to sell/maybe still sells a red and yellow matched fixie.

Maybe the owner just works there a lot? :confused:

Mr. Pink
12-16-2015, 07:24 AM
My favorite are abandoned bikes that become frames locked to whatever. In the late 80s, I passed a stripped down frame locked to a no parking sign next to the Howard Johnson's in Times Square on my way back and forth to work. It was there for years, I swear. Always made me smile about two things: How quickly an unattended bike gets stripped to the bone in NYC (in a very public place), and how indifferent the city was to allow that frame to stay there, day after day after day.

Tony T
12-16-2015, 07:28 AM
Didn't see this one personally:

http://vault.sierraclub.org/sierra/201109/images/LW_01.jpg

Geeheeb
12-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Michigan State culls these once a semester, but the first week or two of a semester its easy to find a good spot to lock up, after that its all abandoned full suspension magna or lately I see cheap fixies called Fix-D that have paint on the braking surface.

tumbler
12-16-2015, 08:23 AM
This one was outside my old building in NY. I walked by it every day and felt a little sad. Hopefully she had some good years in her earlier life.

Tickdoc
12-16-2015, 08:37 AM
might as well post a pic of mine hanging in the garage with as little riding as I've done lately:eek: