PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo Kickr - often on sale?

fiataccompli
12-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Just curious if anyone here happens to keep an eye on such things. I've been considering getting a Kickr trainer and alas it was just (ending yesterday) on sale at 10% off. As expensive as it is, 10% is significant. So, anyone know whether a bit of discount is a frequent situation for these trainers? (Last couple days was horrible timing, so I couldn't jump on it unless I wanted to spend months sleeping on the couch!)

thanks in advance

fa63
12-15-2015, 02:22 PM
I don't see sales for them very often, usually around the holidays. And when there is a sale, it is usually 10%.

R3awak3n
12-15-2015, 02:42 PM
there was a good sale on it, REI 20% off like a month ago. It would come out to less than $1000. I almost bought it but then I saw that I would have to buy a campy freehub and cassette and I just could not be bothered. Next year.

gospastic
12-15-2015, 02:42 PM
You can get 10% cash back through activejunky if you buy it from Competitive Cyclist, which would basically be the same price you could have gotten it from the Wahoo site when that promo code was running.

edit:looks like competitive also has it on sale right now too

eBAUMANN
12-15-2015, 03:11 PM
there was a good sale on it, REI 20% off like a month ago. It would come out to less than $1000. I almost bought it but then I saw that I would have to buy a campy freehub and cassette and I just could not be bothered. Next year.

you running campy 10?

cause they come stock with a shimano 11 freehub, which works with everything 11 speed.

R3awak3n
12-15-2015, 05:00 PM
you running campy 10?

cause they come stock with a shimano 11 freehub, which works with everything 11 speed.

yeah, campy 10 :(

mtb_frk
12-15-2015, 05:04 PM
I got mine at rei, it was a bit of a ordeal but in the end it all worked out. I used my dividend and the 20% off coupon.

fiataccompli
12-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Ooh...some options. I also run campy 10...or shrimano 10...so I would probably want to have both type freehubs available...but that is not a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makoti
12-15-2015, 07:05 PM
Just curious if anyone here happens to keep an eye on such things. I've been considering getting a Kickr trainer and alas it was just (ending yesterday) on sale at 10% off. As expensive as it is, 10% is significant. So, anyone know whether a bit of discount is a frequent situation for these trainers? (Last couple days was horrible timing, so I couldn't jump on it unless I wanted to spend months sleeping on the couch!)

thanks in advance

Check their site. I got one refurb'ed for a lot less than new. Same warranty, so nothing to lose. Works great.