PDA

View Full Version : hincapie fit

Tickdoc
12-14-2015, 03:13 PM
can anyone advise how theirs kits fit? thanks in advance

54ny77
12-14-2015, 03:47 PM
If you're Kate Moss or built like a 13 year old super skinney pre-teen, you'll fit fine. :p

Tickdoc
12-14-2015, 03:50 PM
our club is having a "fit party" tomorrow, and I am just trying to get out of it, if you know wht I mean.

FWIW, I look like Kate Moss' uncle harvey after a bender, most days.

TimD
12-14-2015, 04:18 PM
I agree with the above opinion but things change. Please report back. Thanks!

joe.e
12-14-2015, 04:20 PM
i wear a small club fit, medium race fit in just about all brands. 140ish, 5'7"

Hincapie race fit is smaller than voler race fit, and slightly larger (but not by much) than castelli race fit. The arms and chest are smaller than voler, and the overall length is also slightly shorter. fwiw, medium hincapie race fit is very similar to small castelli club fit.

Tickdoc
12-14-2015, 04:37 PM
i wear a small club fit, medium race fit in just about all brands. 140ish, 5'7"

Hincapie race fit is smaller than voler race fit, and slightly larger (but not by much) than castelli race fit. The arms and chest are smaller than voler, and the overall length is also slightly shorter. fwiw, medium hincapie race fit is very similar to small castelli club fit.

very good info. At 5'11 and 175 I'm a castelli large race fit, sugoi medium, also race fit.

thanks!

sw3759
12-14-2015, 05:04 PM
all the hincapie gear I've purchased over the years has been a size small and it was all very big for a small imo.seemed like in medium in most other brands.i'd only buy XS from now on in hincapie gear.i'm 5'8" 148lbs

jmeloy
12-14-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm 6' 190 and need an XXL in their jersey. Ended up very long (obviously).

regularguy412
12-14-2015, 07:46 PM
I've only owned one Hincapie kit. I normally take medium in jersey and in shorts. The medium Hincapie shorts fit ok in the waist, but the inseams were pretty long. Doable. The jersey, on the other hand, was quite small. I had to go up one size and prolly coulda gone up to XL, just to get it to fit my chest. Also if you have 'arms', the sleeves were a bit on the snug side.

This kit _is_ from 2007, tho.

Hope this helps.
Mike

adhumston
12-14-2015, 10:49 PM
all the hincapie gear I've purchased over the years has been a size small and it was all very big for a small imo.seemed like in medium in most other brands.i'd only buy XS from now on in hincapie gear.i'm 5'8" 148lbs

My experience is similar and I'm within a few pounds of you (same height).

simonov
12-15-2015, 05:12 AM
My experience is similar and I'm within a few pounds of you (same height).

Thirded. I'm around 5'9" and 150 lbs and wear medium in every bibs I've ever owned except Hincapie. For those I had to go with a small. For some of the custom team models they have two different length inseams, as well. The longer inseam is way too long for someone my height. The shorter one is not quite Voekler length, but it's short. For jerseys I have smalls, one club cut and two race cut. The club cut is way too big and I could have gone for an XS easily. The race cut fit great except for around the bottom where they don't taper enough and the fabric loose around my waist. So I'd say their stuff runs big and sizing down may be a good idea.

kgreene10
12-15-2015, 09:31 AM
This thread has me worried. Hincapie is baggy on me, so does that mean I'm more amatiated than Kate moss? Uh oh. Gimme a cookie, fast.

EDS
12-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately, I have found that the fit changes a bit each year - generally trending towards getting smaller/tighter for a given size.

I am 6' and 170 lbs and wear medium across the board in the race fit stuff, but the velocity max jerseys are the tightest of the bunch and I could go up to large in that without issue.

54ny77
12-15-2015, 02:18 PM
If you need some xtra weight to keep yourself from blowing over in a strong crosswind, I have plenty extra. It's yours free, I'll pay shipping.

This thread has me worried. Hincapie is baggy on me, so does that mean I'm more amatiated than Kate moss? Uh oh. Gimme a cookie, fast.

Tickdoc
12-15-2015, 07:15 PM
kit fit was today....turns out I'm still a medium after all, even after my mid-winter weight gain. I was surprised to see that we have two inseam options in race-fit. I guess the longer ones are for those with Hincapie like legs.

Funny to see all my riding buddies in normal clothes.....weird, actually.