PDA

View Full Version : Ugh. I seem to have lot my touch for gluing tubulars.

Dr Luxurious
12-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Glued on a pair of Challenge Fangos last night and had a HELL of a time. Managed to get them (mostly) straightened but they both have embarrassingly large low spots. :crap:
Can't feel it while riding at 2 bar over grass but it looks so lame.
I REALLY don't want to peel them off & redo but vanity is getting the best of me. I bet I'll wind up ripping off the base tape...

Man, I've been spoiled with TUFOs. The go on dead straight with no fuss.

chiasticon
12-11-2015, 11:38 AM
I have some Dugast Rhinos that are pretty crooked. bought 'em second-hand so it's not my fault! but you don't notice it while riding and you definitely don't notice it standing still. especially with a tire where you want to maximize traction and run super low psi's, not so worried about the tread being straight for going fast while in a straight line. if it were a chicane, I'd say re-glue, but a fango you should be fine. then again, I haven't seen it...

also, I'm jealous you're gluing tires in December! just had my last cross race of the season last saturday :(

Dr Luxurious
12-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Oh, it's pretty ugly.

I have 4 more races. There are more than that on the calendar but I'm only doing the ones that are easy to get to.
It finally rained here hence the switch to the fangos...

eBAUMANN
12-11-2015, 01:30 PM
try the effetto mariposa tape next time ;)
no mess no stress :beer:

FlashUNC
12-11-2015, 01:43 PM
I'd be more worried about it at higher road pressures where you feel that thumpthumpthump of a high/low spot than out of the cross course. But I empathize with the OCD-twitchiness kicking in.

merckx
12-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Take them off and re-do them. It is the right thing to do.

summilux
12-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Take them off and re-do them. It is the right thing to do.

^^Show them who's the boss.

velomonkey
12-11-2015, 04:15 PM
I totally get you!!!!! Except . . . . . as of late I glued a set and got a'bump.' Where was the bump at - the valve. I re-glued. Bump still there.

Tire manufacture switched locations . . . . coincidence? I think not. . . . . . .

Dr Luxurious
12-11-2015, 04:20 PM
try the effetto mariposa tape next time ;)
no mess no stress :beer:

yeah, I think that's the answer.
I'll have to live with the ridicule at tomorrow's race, though.

Tickdoc
12-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Glued on a pair of Challenge Fangos last night and had a HELL of a time. Managed to get them (mostly) straightened but they both have embarrassingly large low spots. :crap:
Can't feel it while riding at 2 bar over grass but it looks so lame.
I REALLY don't want to peel them off & redo but vanity is getting the best of me. I bet I'll wind up ripping off the base tape...

Man, I've been spoiled with TUFOs. The go on dead straight with no fuss.

At least you got them on. It's ok, I put my underwear on backwards a while back...didn't even realize it till I had to pee, then I was like, ···?!

sokyroadie
12-12-2015, 08:03 AM
At least you got them on. It's ok, I put my underwear on backwards a while back...didn't even realize it till I had to pee, then I was like, ï½·ï½·ï½·?!

I did the same thing about a month ago.:crap:

Jeff