PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used luggageforward.com?

kohlboto
12-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Looks like they do international shipping but this is the first I've ever heard of this service.

Rates seem fairly reasonable...

http://www.luggageforward.com/bike-shipping-service/

Just wondering if there is any experience with this outfit.

livingminimal
12-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Domestic didn't seem that great to me. I have to go to DC for work a couple of times per year and the team I race for is based there. $169 to ship the bike isn't great if I have a case and can pay $150 and have the bike ride with me. Didn't look at international though.

makoti
12-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Domestic didn't seem that great to me. I have to go to DC for work a couple of times per year and the team I race for is based there. $169 to ship the bike isn't great if I have a case and can pay $150 and have the bike ride with me. Didn't look at international though.

$19 not to shelp it through airports? In/out of your car with all your other luggage? On/off airport buses? Dropped at the address of your choice?
Sounds like a bargain, to me.

dumbod
12-11-2015, 01:52 PM
There's a great deal to be said for having your bike waiting for you at your destination rather than schlepping it with you.

But shipping a bike domestically is pretty easy. ShipBikes.com is $50-$60 dollars cheaper than LuggageForward.com for exactly the same service. If you have a FedEx/UPS account and are willing to accept a little hassle, it's cheaper still.

Shipping overseas is much more expensive - $400+ each way. Once again, if you can ship using a discounted account, you can do much better.