PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what happened to an online shop called Spin Lite cycling?

54ny77
12-09-2015, 02:27 PM
I bought some wheels from them about 3-4 years ago, just started using them and turns out one of the rims is bad (has a hop in the brake track). Their website has gone to the great unknown. Same for Facebook page. Was more curious than anything, as of course I don't expect them to warranty an item that old (even though it's in almost brand new condition). Was hoping they'd do a replacement maybe at a slight discount or something. At the time, prices were very fair, had great service.

Fatty
12-11-2015, 02:10 PM
I also bought a set of wheels from Spin Lite a few years back.
Was very pleased with the customer service , shipping , price and the wheels have held up great.
The website disappeared so I e-mailed the builder and he replied that he was just moving on to something else.

54ny77
12-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Thanks Fatty.

dcama5
12-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Yes, I had a couple wheels built by Lyle Strickland of Spin Lite wheels. He primarily built wheels and was one of the best wheel builders I have known. He also owned a complete bike shop in northern Georgia. My wife and I went to watch the Tour of Georgia in the last year Lance rode in it before he retired the 1st time and while in the Brasstown Bald area, we visited Lyle and his shop. I don't know much more than you guys about why he quit, but something happened. I had heard that he moved to Texas but I am not sure about that. He is not in business anymore though.

cv1966
12-11-2015, 08:05 PM
At the recommendation of my brother, I bought a set of velocity/white industry wheels from Spinlite probably back in 2007. I rode them exclusively for several years and they needed minor truing only 2-3 times. Bomber build. When I was looking for another build last year I was bummed to find out Spinlite had gone out of business after Lyle moved from GA to TX.

oldpotatoe
12-12-2015, 06:19 AM
I bought some wheels from them about 3-4 years ago, just started using them and turns out one of the rims is bad (has a hop in the brake track). Their website has gone to the great unknown. Same for Facebook page. Was more curious than anything, as of course I don't expect them to warranty an item that old (even though it's in almost brand new condition). Was hoping they'd do a replacement maybe at a slight discount or something. At the time, prices were very fair, had great service.

If not some strange spoke count or proprietary rim, can probably replace that rim, reuse the hub.

54ny77
12-12-2015, 09:39 AM
no issues, it's going to be taken care of @ lbs, it's velocity rims, shimano hubs, nuttin' special.

If not some strange spoke count or proprietary rim, can probably replace that rim, reuse the hub.